(vid) Crazy outnumbered Soulbeast wvw roaming 1vx

kiritsugu emeya.3962

I've been meaning to ask you, any reason why you go with Assassin's on the amulet over Berserker or Marauder? It'd be marginal at best so not a huge deal, but I believe you'd increase your overall damage output by making that swap.

Could be wrong though, and was just curious. Appreciate you making vids, there's a pretty serious content drought for the Ranger class in general at the moment.

@"kiritsugu emeya.3962" said:soulbeast wvw roaming volume 4 hope u guys enjoy :>if u have any comments on the vid/fights sharealso subscribe if u want more :)thanks.

build:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARTjUqQLLWyCOsAXLWmEs8e7vN52EAaATgngwF4jdirTzK-jVCEQB+T9n2oLILKDYiSPXeEAAwDA4BXCA4t/wWUC2OYAYmkJw7u7Oj7u7u7uTKA9EaB-w

Required reaction time to use your build is way too high, you can basically be oneshotted by any hidden deadeye or macro power mirage. I never suspected to be even remotely close to your level but I still wonder how do you deal with all those macro stealth insta burst? When using builds with over 3k armor on other toons...I still receive upward 10k dmg from a sudden backstab...and I even had -10% direct dmg food which you don't use, so my questions are :

1) How do you deal with core wars with strength rune-endurance food and with close to your dmg but 3x the sturdiness?2) What about s/d thieves and d/p thieves?3) Obvious macro abusers mirages?4) Perma boons protection/stability holosmiths ?5) Ever played on EU servers where everyone and his dog runs condi bunker?

@jcbroe.4329 said:I've been meaning to ask you, any reason why you go with Assassin's on the amulet over Berserker or Marauder? It'd be marginal at best so not a huge deal, but I believe you'd increase your overall damage output by making that swap.

Could be wrong though, and was just curious. Appreciate you making vids, there's a pretty serious content drought for the Ranger class in general at the moment.

well since i already have alot of power i do need to make sure i land bursts and for me if power is already 2500 without beastmode, so ill need precision to back it up, precision is very important for landing bursts. for that also would swap some +5power infusions with prec untill it reaches between 55 and 60 critical chance

@Arheundel.6451 said:Required reaction time to use your build is way too high, you can basically be oneshotted by any hidden deadeye or macro power mirage. I never suspected to be even remotely close to your level but I still wonder how do you deal with all those macro stealth insta burst? When using builds with over 3k armor on other toons...I still receive upward 10k dmg from a sudden backstab...and I even had -10% direct dmg food which you don't use, so my questions are :

1) How do you deal with core wars with strength rune-endurance food and with close to your dmg but 3x the sturdiness?2) What about s/d thieves and d/p thieves?3) Obvious macro abusers mirages?4) Perma boons protection/stability holosmiths ?5) Ever played on EU servers where everyone and his dog runs condi bunker?

1)soulbeast counters core wars so much, my personal build got 4 stunbreaks, 10s stability, unblockable, 2 0dmg skills, core wars got the dmg but not the regen, soulbeast mobility> war mobility, just timing perfect unblockables with war blocks, focus on starting with lb4 to proc their auto stab trait, then focus on ccs and gg2)soulbeast counters thiefs soo much aswell, lb 4-2 and they are just dead, just make sure to outstealth them, beastmode f3, gs3 with smokescale field, lb 3. and against s/d focus on having max range and evading.3)condi mirage, we got enough condi clear, resistance etc if we cant beat them we tie with them. 1 shot mesmers, we just stealth 1s after they stealth and make them waste there cds and we 1 shot them4)go suicide mode vs prot/stab holo, use elite unto bear beastmode f2 0dmg skills use unblockable once they use shield, we heal as one in beastmode while u got stab to increase the duration a bit longer and use sos. they should be so low by that time if not, reset using stealth and u got 2 heal skills which can pretty much get u back almost to full health.5) I did but only before hot, was on gandara at that time, hmm wasn't that toxic as they say.

I'll see if I can make a 1v1 vid vs good roamers on each spec and sorry for the late reply, college studies op T_T

@kiritsugu emeya.3962 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:Required reaction time to use your build is way too high, you can basically be oneshotted by any hidden deadeye or macro power mirage. I never suspected to be even remotely close to your level but I still wonder how do you deal with all those macro stealth insta burst? When using builds with over 3k armor on other toons...I still receive upward 10k dmg from a sudden backstab...and I even had -10% direct dmg food which you don't use, so my questions are :

1)soulbeast counters core wars so much, my personal build got 4 stunbreaks, 10s stability, unblockable, 2 0dmg skills, core wars got the dmg but not the regen, soulbeast mobility> war mobility, just timing perfect unblockables with war blocks, focus on starting with lb4 to proc their auto stab trait, then focus on ccs and gg2)soulbeast counters thiefs soo much aswell, lb 4-2 and they are just dead, just make sure to outstealth them, beastmode f3, gs3 with smokescale field, lb 3. and against s/d focus on having max range and evading.3)condi mirage, we got enough condi clear, resistance etc if we cant beat them we tie with them. 1 shot mesmers, we just stealth 1s after they stealth and make them waste there cds and we 1 shot them4)go suicide mode vs prot/stab holo, use elite unto bear beastmode f2 0dmg skills use unblockable once they use shield, we heal as one in beastmode while u got stab to increase the duration a bit longer and use sos. they should be so low by that time if not, reset using stealth and u got 2 heal skills which can pretty much get u back almost to full health.5) I did but only before hot, was on gandara at that time, hmm wasn't that toxic as they say.

I'll see if I can make a 1v1 vid vs good roamers on each spec and sorry for the late reply, college studies op T_T

Always been a fan of yours, watching your video I managed to master GS and for that I will be always grateful, it's really amazing and I use sigil of agility with rock gazelle, I start with smokescale for stealth and then swap to rockgazelle knockdown+quickness swap+agility sigil for maul burst and AA cleave, works like a charm but anyway...

i used to be a fan of soulbeast, as long as it comes to 1v1 I am able to hold my own vs other specs...it's just vs multiple enemies that soulbeast falls short respect to druid. The spec offers no extra sustain over core ranger and the additional boons/stats really do little vs multiple enemies.

-The GMs are the second to worst among all PoF elite ( the worst being renegade ) and the master traits are not far beyond-The archetypes buffs are not really life changing, nothing that can't be achieved with raw stats and less sacrifice , sure you won't get the exact same numbers but....that little extra won't add much in my opinion-The stances are not amazing respect to survival skills...ok dolyak stance can be useful but that's it...the CD on other stance is too high, it should be 5-10s less from all of them, plsu they offer 300 radius with sharing trait when warrior stances are 600 radius by default

I was hoping for soulbeast buffs with druid nerfs..but nothing, it's really sad because the concept it's cool but the implementation is rubbish

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"kiritsugu emeya.3962" said:soulbeast wvw roaming volume 4 hope u guys enjoy :>if u have any comments on the vid/fights sharealso subscribe if u want more :)thanks.

build:

Required reaction time to use your build is way too high, you can basically be oneshotted by any hidden deadeye or macro power mirage. I never suspected to be even remotely close to your level but I still wonder how do you deal with all those macro stealth insta burst? When using builds with over 3k armor on other toons...I still receive upward 10k dmg from a sudden backstab...and I even had -10% direct dmg food which you don't use, so my questions are :

Just remember though the video is at +25% speed. Click 0.75x speed on YouTube to see the normal gameplay speed.

@kiritsugu emeya.3962 said:4)go suicide mode vs prot/stab holo, use elite unto bear beastmode f2 0dmg skills use unblockable once they use shield, we heal as one in beastmode while u got stab to increase the duration a bit longer and use sos. they should be so low by that time if not, reset using stealth and u got 2 heal skills which can pretty much get u back almost to full health.

This is clearly an underrated advice.

@MrForz.1953 said:

@kiritsugu emeya.3962 said:4)go suicide mode vs prot/stab holo, use elite unto bear beastmode f2 0dmg skills use unblockable once they use shield, we heal as one in beastmode while u got stab to increase the duration a bit longer and use sos. they should be so low by that time if not, reset using stealth and u got 2 heal skills which can pretty much get u back almost to full health.

This is clearly an underrated advice.

I'll make sure to work on a 1v1 video vs most classes that you guys are asking on vs decent players, ill also do some explanation on how to fight each spec (in detail) in between the fights. But yah my advice is underrated, ill need some gameplay and explanation to back it up

@Fluffball.8307 said:I can never get through your 32309fdgerg65u58urth45gb34t3b435t4357um6u5321 minute intros, they're so long I can't even fast forward to find the actual content.

Edit: Not trying to be rude with the comment, just... good lord, friend.

feelsbad fluffy :) it was only 40s of a 17m vid. but naa alot ppl enjoy them and i do, sry but wont change what i like. i also post the min fights in the description for people like you who are in a hurry ^^

@kiritsugu emeya.3962 said:

@Fluffball.8307 said:I can never get through your 32309fdgerg65u58urth45gb34t3b435t4357um6u5321 minute intros, they're so long I can't even fast forward to find the actual content.

Edit: Not trying to be rude with the comment, just... good lord, friend.

feelsbad fluffy :) it was only 40s of a 17m vid. but naa alot ppl enjoy them and i do, sry but wont change what i like. i also post the min fights in the description for people like you who are in a hurry ^^

You do you, I'm just one person. I never saw what it contributes to anything though. Do you get the ability to see what parts of videos people watch on YT? I'd be curious to see how many people flip around trying to find the actual start of content. Probably the simplest way would be swap to another tab until you hear a sound change.

Nice vid. Makes me excited to play again. You and I definitely have slightly different styles which is cool to see and gives things to think about. Your patience with LR (as well as some of your other skills) is impressive, I often use mine for damage and distance making. I also use barrage way more liberally as well, though that seems to be my case compared to most Rangers.

Anyway, one thing I noticed was that you didn't use GS 4 throw a lot when you could have. And sure, i do just like to throw my GS at people which maybe isnt the best option... but mainly I am looking at before you swap to LB. You have GS 4 on an 11 sec CD so it should be off CD most of the time when you swap back. It would also synergize well with your fancy sigil on LB because you can usually get a LB 4 in before the GS Lands... might give some slightly added damage to your skill rotation (I have never tested the numbers it just feels like it does to me).

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Nice video. I've been spending most of my game time for the past couple months trying to refine my skill with Soulbeast in WvW, and it's just so kitten fun to play. What would you say you struggle fighting the most? For me, it's mirages with Evasive Mirror.

only spec i struggle fighting and just sometimes give up from boredom is against a shadow arts acro dead eye.

@Eurantien.4632 said:Nice vid. Makes me excited to play again. You and I definitely have slightly different styles which is cool to see and gives things to think about. Your patience with LR (as well as some of your other skills) is impressive, I often use mine for damage and distance making. I also use barrage way more liberally as well, though that seems to be my case compared to most Rangers.

Anyway, one thing I noticed was that you didn't use GS 4 throw a lot when you could have. And sure, i do just like to throw my GS at people which maybe isnt the best option... but mainly I am looking at before you swap to LB. You have GS 4 on an 11 sec CD so it should be off CD most of the time when you swap back. It would also synergize well with your fancy sigil on LB because you can usually get a LB 4 in before the GS Lands... might give some slightly added damage to your skill rotation (I have never tested the numbers it just feels like it does to me).

I do throw my gs in 1v1 duels but in 1vx its just that i don't get the time to think about it. and sometimes i do not use it to not waste the cd as i had alot cases where i had to swap to gs from lb and instantly go into block. and yah it works with my sigil throwing gs 4 unto swapping to lb 2. im glad u enjoyed the vid man ^^

Archived