Why the wait to release/fix/nerf/buff something?

Chilli.2976

I don't understand why you decide to release everything at the same time. Can't their be specific PvP releases as opposed to having to ship out PvE and WvW at the same time with it? What is your idea behind doing only big releases and not individual game mode releases when needed?

I was reading through some posts about mirage cloak been completely broken and Ben mentioned it's an easy fix but you can only fix this on the next release. Really? Like come on if its an easy fix do it now and hotfix for tomorrow the same goes for anything else that is broken.

Yeah it's 100% insanely ridiculous how they can hotfix a ranger heal in a few hours because it granted high boon uptime, yet leave some of the most insanely overpowered monkey builds in the game for months on end.

Why does it take months to "discuss" changes? Everyone knows what needs to be changed. Change it. Mesmers are singlehandedly making this entire PvP season a clown fiesta. Ranked is a meme.

IF its not PVE, then its a low priority. If anyone says other wise then they are fooling themselves. I don't think there have even been many patches were everything has been ok. Anet always nerfs something then gives buffs no one ever asked for nor needed, spiraling balance out of control. Furthermore they don't test things in spvp, so I guess we the players are the guinea pigs.

It’s OK! Their forcing a lot of bunker builds to stay in the meta making “high dps” classes being forced to depend on every Source of protection and condi cleanse in order to stay relevant because of the Mesmer spam.

I honestly feel BAD for all the ele and rev mains that struggled for years.

It's really quite sad, this game is great is pretty much every other aspect. It's like the balance team is actively trying to make this game worse. It really baffles me when a game like DAoC can have better balance. Trying to balance that game has got to be a nightmare, yet the balance team for GW2 loves to have insanely OP builds and then they leave some professions useless for months. They are either incompetent or they just don't give a crap. So what is it Anet?

@Chilli.2976 said:

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:The idea of a hotfix has been lacking since forever in anet. The entire mesmer needs a hotifx like asap.

I believe they used to do them a few years back - looks like that balance team moved on?

Idk man. I only got really interested (and got r80) in pvp at season 1, at which point the hotfix of condi rev being op only arrived 1 week before season ended.As far as I’m concerned, they never really did hotfixes.

@"shadowpass.4236" said:Yeah it's 100% insanely ridiculous how they can hotfix a ranger heal in a few hours because it granted high boon uptime, yet leave some of the most insanely overpowered monkey builds in the game for months on end.

Why does it take months to "discuss" changes? Everyone knows what needs to be changed. Change it. Mesmers are singlehandedly making this entire PvP season a clown fiesta. Ranked is a meme.

Don't mention mesmers to ANET in a bad way..... you might get banned or warned. rofl They love the class so they always make sure it has an advantage in pvp. lol

Several Factors I think.

The content devs and the balance devs have to sync their work, to avoid breaking each other's components. You also can't just implement a fix when you have a schedule for releases. There's a lot of teams that handle different aspects of the game, and what you introduce would require them all to update their platforms in the middle of work, which can cause a lot of internal issues with the final testing before shipping the release, etc.

Also, for some releases, it is better to watch the community and make sure the issue identified is not just player whining but something the metagame cannot solve (namely, something so imbalanced that it has no counterbuild) .

I don't know why it takes them half a year to take a shot at balance for pvp, but I'm assuming its largely because the majority of the playerbase is in PVE so the pvp dev team is smaller and has less clout on how often they get to implement changes for their respective sphere of influence. A very small fraction of us as GW2 players regularly dabble in pvp, and we don't need to spend gems very often for anything other than fashion because gear changes and stat changes are free as far as pvp is concerned, so as long as everything works it seems like we can be largely ignored unless there's a major issue with a particular class .

'Sucks, and I'd like to think it's a staffing issue rather than just a callous "we're too small a group to matter to the higher ups", but what'cha gonna do. If you play pve you get attention, if you don't and just take a break you reduce server load.

Archived