looking for a pvp tier list

czerwoni.9563

no i do not care what class is what, i just want to know where people are finding the information on what class is where in the tier list. i see people saying oh this is S class and that is C class etc and when i ask where they get the info i get this response "get gud nab".

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's highly subjective. There's no official list like that. Sometimes there are threads where people list their own rankings and you can see what the most popular highly ranked professions are, but it's all personal opinion.

For example, my ranking would go something like:

S Tier:Mesmer

A Tier:Necromancer

B Tier:ThiefGuardian

C Tier:WarriorRangerEngineer

D Tier:Elementalist

E Tier:Revenant

There's not much more you can do than ask what people think about it, but like I said, it's not official and it changes all the time based on the balance patches, meta, and whatnot.

I think it's something like:

S Tier:

• Mesmer (Chronomancer, Mirage)

A Tier

• Necro (Scourge)

B Tier

• Warrior (SpellBreaker)
  • Warrior (Core)
  • Engineer (HoloSmith)
  • Guardian (DragonHunter)
  • Guardian (FireBrand)
  • Thief (Deadeye)
  • Ranger(Druid)
  • Ranger(SoulBeast)

C Tier

• Thief(Daredevil)
  • Necro (Reaper)
  • Mesmer (Core)
  • Warrior (Berserker)
  • Revenant (Power Herald ONLY)
  • Elementalist (Tempest)
  • Thief (Core)
  • Guardian (Core)

D Tier

• Elementalist (Weaver)
  • Elementalist (Core)
  • Ranger(Core)
  • Engineer(Core)
  • Engineer(Scrapper)

F Tier

• Necro (Core)
  • Revenant (Non-power Herald Builds)
  • Revenant (Renegade)
  • Revenant (Core)

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:I think it's something like:

S Tier:

A Tier

• Necro (Scourge)

B Tier

• Warrior (SpellBreaker)
  • Warrior (Core)
  • Engineer (HoloSmith)
  • Guardian (FireBrand)
  • Thief (Deadeye)
  • Ranger(Druid)
  • Ranger(SoulBeast)

C Tier

• Thief(Daredevil)
  • Necro (Reaper)
  • Mesmer (Core)
  • Warrior (Berserker)
  • Elementalist (Tempest)
  • Thief (Core)
  • Guardian (Core)

D Tier

• Elementalist (Weaver)
  • Elementalist (Core)
  • Ranger(Core)
  • Engineer(Core)
  • Engineer(Scrapper)

F Tier

• Necro (Core)
  • Revenant (Renegade)
  • Revenant (Core)

ok so i got a question, is rev still to new and people havent figured out how to play that class or is it just that bad? i tried it and it was fun for pve but in pvp all i did was use the dragon thing to push people out of circles legit all i needed to do since my team killed them off fast

@witcher.3197 said:

@Highlie.7641 said:there is a site called meta wiki? (i think) that lists all the more popular builds.

metabattle has builds im looking for a tier list

They have 3 tiers meta/great/good but I suppose you want even more details.

i honestly didn't even notice, i rarely use metabattle and atm after looking into it the builds seem out dated on some of the classes.

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@Highlie.7641 said:there is a site called meta wiki? (i think) that lists all the more popular builds.

i honestly didn't even notice, i rarely use metabattle and atm after looking into it the builds seem out dated on some of the classes.

Like which?

@witcher.3197 said:

Like which?

the ones where there is a lot of comments saying the build isnt meta, atm i see the firebrand one being bashed. its similar to what i run but i can see why people bash anything that is support related

@czerwoni.9563 said:ok so i got a question, is rev still to new and people havent figured out how to play that class or is it just that bad? i tried it and it was fun for pve but in pvp all i did was use the dragon thing to push people out of circles legit all i needed to do since my team killed them off fast/

Rev is bad. Power Herald (Glint/Shiro) puts out a lot of damage, but for that damage you have minimal condi clear. if you encounter any condition oriented build you will lose, provided they can avoid your Sword 4 and Sword 3.

1. Renegade's shortbow is clunky and its skills can miss people moving unaffected by swiftness or jumping.
  2. Mace is clunky.
  3. Shield is clunky, and the fact that it makes you stationary opens you up to unblockables.
  4. Sword mainhand is clunky. The projectiles on Sword 2 often miss, the autoattack is awkward, and unrelenting gets put on full cd if the opponent dodges or moves away. unrelenting also doesnt count as an evade until the first hit connects apparently, so if you come into contact with something like a shocking aura with sword 3 you will be stunned and it will go on full CD.
  5. Hammer is clunky and suitable only for wvw/support.

You can do well with some revenant builds, but it takes significant amounts of work to get to that point and the end result can be easily countered by merely switching damage types.

Not to mention that Mallyx, the only semblance of a condi clear trait that isnt stark ventari (which, mind you, is also clunky and geared for support rather than fighting), puts more conditions on you and then gives you resistance, which can be ripped or corrupted.And its grandmaster trait gives -you- torment.

@"czerwoni.9563" said:ok so i got a question, is rev still to new and people havent figured out how to play that class or is it just that bad? i tried it and it was fun for pve but in pvp all i did was use the dragon thing to push people out of circles legit all i needed to do since my team killed them off fast

To be honest, rev isn't that great atm. BUT that has more to to with the current meta being extremely unfriendly towards it, rather than it being underpowered. Scourge, thief and mesmer are currently very strong and their kits flat out counter rev.In all fairness tho, play whatever you feel like playing. Class choices dont really matter much until you hit at least 1.6k imo. You can even find people that play "non top-tier"-classes like rev on the leaderboards (altho, granted, these people tend to have a ridiculous amount of experience and game knowledge).

@BikeIsGone.8675 said:

@"czerwoni.9563" said:ok so i got a question, is rev still to new and people havent figured out how to play that class or is it just that bad? i tried it and it was fun for pve but in pvp all i did was use the dragon thing to push people out of circles legit all i needed to do since my team killed them off fast

To be honest, rev isn't that great atm. BUT that has more to to with the current meta being extremely unfriendly towards it, rather than it being underpowered. Scourge, thief and mesmer are currently very strong and their kits flat out counter rev.In all fairness tho, play whatever you feel like playing. Class choices dont really matter much until you hit
at least
1.6k imo. You can even find people that play "non top-tier"-classes like rev on the leaderboards (altho, granted, these people tend to have a ridiculous amount of experience and game knowledge).

true lol, i mained scourge for a while when it was op and realized that i didn't have a heavy class to play, so i picked up guardian. my friend who mains guardian dies a lot to scourge and thief and i somehow manage to die less to them. its all about reading the abilities and knowing what they do and when to use them, even knowing your opponents abilities as if you played the class a lot can help as well

imho the list would go something like this:S: Chrono & MirageA: Blood Scourge, Sword thief, FirebrandB: Spellbreaker, Druid, Holosmith, other common thief variantsC: Power Herald, Weaver, Core WarriorD : Reaper, Tempest, BerserkerF: Renegade, Core necro

Note: I did not list all elites, the elites not listed are because I do not feel that I have not encountered enough of them to draw a opinion.

@czerwoni.9563 said:

S Tier:

A Tier
  • Necro (Scourge)

B Tier
  • Warrior (SpellBreaker)
  • Warrior (Core)
  • Engineer (HoloSmith)
  • Guardian (FireBrand)
  • Thief (Deadeye)
  • Ranger(Druid)
  • Ranger(SoulBeast)

C Tier
  • Thief(Daredevil)
  • Necro (Reaper)
  • Mesmer (Core)
  • Warrior (Berserker)
  • Elementalist (Tempest)
  • Thief (Core)
  • Guardian (Core)

D Tier
  • Elementalist (Weaver)
  • Elementalist (Core)
  • Ranger(Core)
  • Engineer(Core)
  • Engineer(Scrapper)

F Tier
  • Necro (Core)
  • Revenant (Renegade)
  • Revenant (Core)

ok so i got a question, is rev still to new and people havent figured out how to play that class or is it just that bad? i tried it and it was fun for pve but in pvp all i did was use the dragon thing to push people out of circles legit all i needed to do since my team killed them off fast

Rev is not new it's been around for 2 years. It is that bad in higher level PvP (well this entire season feels like hot join anyway), don't waste your time on it for the foreseeable future if you haven't learned it, the other classes give a much better return on your time invested.

Source: am revenant main

S Tier:

A Tier

• Necro (Scourge)

B Tier

• Warrior (SpellBreaker)
  • Warrior (Core)
  • Engineer (HoloSmith)
  • Guardian (FireBrand)
  • Thief (Deadeye)
  • Ranger(Druid)
  • Ranger(SoulBeast)

C Tier

• Thief(Daredevil)
  • Necro (Reaper)
  • Mesmer (Core)
  • Warrior (Berserker)
  • Elementalist (Tempest)
  • Thief (Core)
  • Guardian (Core)

D Tier

• Elementalist (Weaver)
  • Elementalist (Core)
  • Ranger(Core)
  • Engineer(Core)
  • Engineer(Scrapper)

F Tier

• Necro (Core)
  • Revenant (Renegade)
  • Revenant (Core)

Extremely accurate

I would rate core thief, scrapper, and weaver a tier higher.

Renegade In its own tier below F.

@JayAction.9056 said:

S Tier:

A Tier
  • Necro (Scourge)

B Tier
  • Warrior (SpellBreaker)
  • Warrior (Core)
  • Engineer (HoloSmith)
  • Guardian (FireBrand)
  • Thief (Deadeye)
  • Ranger(Druid)
  • Ranger(SoulBeast)

C Tier
  • Thief(Daredevil)
  • Necro (Reaper)
  • Mesmer (Core)
  • Warrior (Berserker)
  • Elementalist (Tempest)
  • Thief (Core)
  • Guardian (Core)

D Tier
  • Elementalist (Weaver)
  • Elementalist (Core)
  • Ranger(Core)
  • Engineer(Core)
  • Engineer(Scrapper)

F Tier
  • Necro (Core)
  • Revenant (Renegade)
  • Revenant (Core)

Extremely
accurate

Extremely accurate? lmao. Putting soulbeast and deadeye into the same tier as spellbreaker, holo, and druid?! Deadeye aboe daredevil? Core guard below DH?

Core thief in C tier instead of A?

Looks like silver 1 is leaking.

@witcher.3197 said:

S Tier:

A Tier
  • Necro (Scourge)

B Tier
  • Warrior (SpellBreaker)
  • Warrior (Core)
  • Engineer (HoloSmith)
  • Guardian (FireBrand)
  • Thief (Deadeye)
  • Ranger(Druid)
  • Ranger(SoulBeast)

C Tier
  • Thief(Daredevil)
  • Necro (Reaper)
  • Mesmer (Core)
  • Warrior (Berserker)
  • Elementalist (Tempest)
  • Thief (Core)
  • Guardian (Core)

D Tier
  • Elementalist (Weaver)
  • Elementalist (Core)
  • Ranger(Core)
  • Engineer(Core)
  • Engineer(Scrapper)

F Tier
  • Necro (Core)
  • Revenant (Renegade)
  • Revenant (Core)

Extremely
accurate

Extremely accurate? lmao. Putting soulbeast and deadeye into the same tier as spellbreaker, holo, and druid?! Deadeye aboe daredevil? Core guard below DH?

Core thief in C tier instead of A?

Looks like silver 1 is leaking.

I noticed all of those things as well. Also Scrapper is too low. Core Mesmer too high, is in no way on the same level as acro-SD core thief, should go to F tier- only Mesmer Elite specs are currently 400% better than their base profession.

Below average accuracy tier list :anguished:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

S Tier:

A Tier
  • Necro (Scourge)

B Tier
  • Warrior (SpellBreaker)
  • Warrior (Core)
  • Engineer (HoloSmith)
  • Guardian (FireBrand)
  • Thief (Deadeye)
  • Ranger(Druid)
  • Ranger(SoulBeast)

C Tier
  • Thief(Daredevil)
  • Necro (Reaper)
  • Mesmer (Core)
  • Warrior (Berserker)
  • Elementalist (Tempest)
  • Thief (Core)
  • Guardian (Core)

D Tier
  • Elementalist (Weaver)
  • Elementalist (Core)
  • Ranger(Core)
  • Engineer(Core)
  • Engineer(Scrapper)

F Tier
  • Necro (Core)
  • Revenant (Renegade)
  • Revenant (Core)

Rev is not new it's been around for 2 years. It is that bad in higher level PvP (well this entire season feels like hot join anyway), don't waste your time on it for the foreseeable future if you haven't learned it, the other classes give a much better return on your time invested.

Source: am revenant main

i play rev a lot and its still fairly new compared to the other classes

Archived