Please let stay with Super Adventure Festival one more week!

lare.5129

@lare.5129 said:So the main idea that on spring not every one can take holidays from job, and be with Super Adventure Festival. So may be we can increase Super Adventure Festival and give us one more week ?

You work seven days a week and 24 hours a day? I’m pretty sure it was possible to have found time to play during the two weeks that it was available. It’ll be available next year which you can then continue to make progress towards the achievements and collections.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"lare.5129" said:So the main idea that on spring not every one can take holidays from job, and be with Super Adventure Festival. So may be we can increase Super Adventure Festival and give us one more week ?

You work seven days a week and 24 hours a day? I’m pretty sure it was possible to have found time to play during the two weeks that it was available. It’ll be available next year which you can then continue to make progress towards the achievements and collections.

Or suppose they did make it four weeks. There would be some who would be just as busy during that one extra week. So they'd ask for five weeks. And with five weeks, there's be some who were available for only one who would say, "hey, that's not fair, I only got 7 days, not 35."

At some point, ANet's is going to draw the line: festival content is intended to be temporary, so that it remains interesting for more people every year. That's hard enough to do with the completionists (some of whom literally take time off work to play).

These threads always come up at the end of every festival from people who procrastinated and are now out of time to do the things they wanted to get done. Pretty much every festival in GW2 already runs for much longer than it really needs to, such that the content becomes stale and abandoned about halfway through the duration, and extending them for procrastinators is a slippery slope as it's just more time to procrastinate. It's your choice to actually do the content or not, as with all other content in the game. If your real life demands are actually so busy that you could not find time to play the game I feel bad for you but it's not a problem of festival duration in particular.

No. Sure I know a lot of people enjoy SAB and thus I don't complain about it coming back each year, even though I don't care for it. I just go do other things. But the longer it stays the longer I might have to wait for something I'd actually enjoy to come along. Festivals shouldn't last forever. Even the (imo) good festivals gets boring and stale if they last too long.

As others have said, there's always going to be people asking for additional months/days/weeks. You can't please everyone.

And there's another point, a more important one IMO: if they did actually make the festivals last longer, players would grind more. They would reach their goals faster, and burn themselves out faster. They wouldn't return the next year. The magic would be gone.

The reason these festivals are so popular and amazing, is the fact that there's a limited time to enjoy them. Looking forward for the next year to complete your goals. Not getting bored about the festivities. Not burning out.

Keep it as it is.

Archived