When will Rytlock give "the magical crown" back to human PC?

Michram.6853

Rytlock: You're back. Did you have any luck?Human PC: Yes. I found them all.Rytlock: Great. Give me the crown.Human PC: Hold on. This crown is very important to my people.Rytlock: I see. What are you saying? You don't want me to use it?Human PC: You must promise you'll give it back to me when this is over.Rytlock: When this is over, and the ghosts are gone, I'll put it into your hands myself.

(source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plan_of_Attack)

Well... will he ever give it back? :)

The ghosts are not gone so...We don't exactly know what went wrong with the ritual, but it definitely didn't fulfill its purpose. Frankly I don't know if that particular artifact is still in the story at all, or just gonna remain a minor loose end regarding human lore along with that amulet that supposed to show the heir to the krytan throne from season 2.

I did not remember from this chapter that he was full of Sohotin/Magdaer stuff.

Curiosities

1. Why do rituals never work as planned? King Adelbern was trolled as the Rytlock or the king knew the negative consequences of the ritual? Is it possible that both erred in the conclusions, and that perhaps, indeed, would the two swords be necessary to the rituals work properly?

2. Smodur agreed to attend the summit since the ghost problem, while not solved, was lessened by our efforts. ...so theres a room for "lesser ghost problem" ascalon version? like a "Orr being clean"?

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:I had always interpreted it as Rytlock giving the crown back when he started the ritual, never taking it into the Mists with him so it was always in our possession and this was why we could unlock Sohothin's full potential during the ending of Path of Fire.

You actually brought up a valid point. But then again, that was from the Pact Commander's point of view. Rytlock wouldn't see the potential. He became a Revenant, after all -- he had other powers. But maybe the ancient forces saw the PC more fit to use the potential than Rytlock.. or maybe it was a matter of saying "Oh, you put most of them to rest, have this enormous power to help you stop a rogue god"?

I still think there's loose ends to the whole ordeal. Like that the ritual would never have gone according to plan even with some changes.

So Ascalon wasn't cleansed then? Hm... When I saw the cinematic in PoF Rytlock went through the portal without any reason to worry.

Also the sword was extinguished, and that was caused by that there was no more spirits to power it up, because in Season 2 mission you needed to kill the ghosts to power it up. So I guess he burnt the whole Mists and left only ashes.

That would explain why the sword was extinguished.

@Arden.7480 said:So Ascalon wasn't cleansed then? Hm... When I saw the cinematic in PoF Rytlock went through the portal without any reason to worry.

Also the sword was extinguished, and that was caused by that there was no more spirits to power it up, because in Season 2 mission you needed to kill the ghosts to power it up. So I guess he burnt the whole Mists and left only ashes.

That would explain why the sword was extinguished.

I never had the impression that it was more than a 'test run'. It drew a lot of the Foefire ghosts into the Mists, but the expectation was that they'd need to repeat it elsewhere to finish the job.

It does make it somewhat suspicious that it doesn't seem to have come up again. Either it's a dropped plot or there's something stopping him from finishing the job.

@Arden.7480 said:I should have asked this question on AFC, there would be a small chance somebody from the devs would answer it. There is none now.

I think you're overestimating the power of the AFC. For every question answered on it, about 3 more were not. It's entirely possible this would've been ignored just like half of the questions. Also, there's always a chance a dev will answer questions here, but I feel like this is one that wouldn't be, since there's potential for it to be in game still (even if it takes another 5 years).

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Rognik.2579 said:I think you're overestimating the power of the AFC. For every question answered on it, about 8 more were not.

FTFY, but yeah, lore and especially plots-waiting-for-resolution are a big avoidance for devs, especially the later during the lore AFC.

Which I think is going to bite them in the butt hard the longer they continue to avoid it.

Archived