Eater of Souls fight is too difficult.

Bloodtau.4672

I managed this with holosmith, enter forge and attack from range until almost overheated, then let your heat cool while kiting him (avoid staying close to him), re-enter forge and range him again. Save your dodges for his sucking attack (O_o). You should be able to avoid most other attacks as long as you don't try to melee him too much.

Easy for you to say. Not everyone's a Holosmith and some of us wants to advance in are main characters first not alts. Using a alt of a different profession JUST to pass a single boss in story? Thats just the worst and the sad truth is that all the characters have to progress the story independently.

So back to Prologue alllllllllll over again just to get back to where you was on a alt. That:s not a solution. My build on my Dragonhunter is Soild but its no match up a boss that can heal as effectively as I can, Like really? Is that really necessary? Best keep that boss healing siphon ability exclusive to broodmothers in HoT Map I don:t want it in a story.

But still aside from this annoying boss I liked how the story went. I just hope they adjust the boss to let us pass more easily or at least remove the healing and give us I don:t know something in the environment to stun him as a way to beat him instead.

Well I know I dont suck at my class. Using the broodmother tactics in HoT in this mission is unacceptable. Someone owes me gold If i had to buy any of the freaken gear to get past it. I stick with 1 build and gear and I never swap it out because we never have anything to save builds and gear in a Profile to swap between them.

Melees was doomed from the start when facing the Broodmother in HoT Hero Point, Reapers was at a disadvantage. Its bad game design to be forced to swap builds alll the dam time to beat something, If you want to encourage build swapping give use Profiles to save are setups for each battle. Its hard enough that it takes long to click everything.

If this soul Eater was a request by the community to add a Broodmother Mechanic from that Hero Point in this story as a good idea I say it was the worst idea, They fucked over Guardians as all we have is a wimpy staff to stay at long range from getting too close, Melee is a death sentence.

My Guardian is a shout Build and it gets survivability from Signates and Shouts, It took me freaken 30 days to get someone to help me with a Broodmother in a large group as a reaper because being to close and lack of range puts me in a bad position. Call me cheap but I am tired of spending a lot of gold on exotics and wasting a few mins of my time on swapping traits and skills for a build to pass something.

You know how long it takes to get that gold back via TP with Materials? Looooong!

Spoilers. I mean, obviously, but you know... Precautions.

For those wanting to bring party members, it won't help. They'll be turned into little balls of spirit light with few abilities and none are particularly helpful.

I guess I ran into a bug when I first faced this nozzle of douches as I wasn't able to do more than 200-500ish damage and barely moved his bar (even with avoiding his life stealing ability). shrugs I had to restart and do the whole, long boring story again. (And Balth really wants to make you suffer, so you can't just run in and die. He'll make you get back up over and over again before he kills you.) I didn't like this fight at all and it put me in bad spirits to have to restart the mission, however, plenty of my guild mates killed him in one go.

i havent finished a story end boss since HoT came out. im just a casual casual, so since then ive been doing story to get into new maps and thats it. kinda sucks, i'd like to be able to finish each chapter but alas, its not gonna happen. ive gotten To the end boss on some of them, try the boss a few times then just get to frustrated to try anymore. cant really figure out why they think they need to make story instances so darn hard. if ppl want the hard stuff, they have hard mode on all those dont they? let you good guys use that and us mere casual players enjoy the whole story too.

Unfortunately, hard content/mechanic will always benefits the hardcore player or the casual who are natually good at games. I don't understand why ArenaNet just not use different modes:

• Easy mode for those who just wants to go through the story
  • Normal mode for the way Anet designed it
  • Hard mode for those who live their life in GW2 (and award a cool gear, title or something )

I bet this is not hard to implement, so why not just go with this.

I really hate this boss fight for a couple reasons. First, he doesn't do much. he will punch you in the face a lot, then every once in a while he trys to pull you into his mouth. i hate dust mites for the same reason, first they punch you in the face, then they blind you, then repeat. the Balthazar fight before is fun and exciting, there is so much going on in that fight. the second thing i hate, is its so punishing for making a mistake and there's very little time to break bars. making a mistake costs you either a large portion of life, or will heal him, a large portion of life. its not like he does it when a quarter or a half of his life is gone, he will try to take your life or gain life when ever he wants. Third, the mechanical simplicity of this fight, makes it terribly placed right after an 'epic' fight that happens at the beginning of this instance.

At first I wondered if I would be able to kill this boss because of all his self-healing, then I figured out that I just had to use the infamous LB 4 skill on him when he performs his jump attack. That prevents his life-steal and then it's just a fairly standard fight, keep your distance, dodge, hit him and repeat.

Not only it is misplaced after an epic fight but :

• He's hard to beat and is at the end of a LOT of dialogues and "quests" that are kinda long to do (which is fine the first time, less fun after the 3rd).
  • He's more than a nightmare in mesmer (he fully heals itself on illusions ... so a mesmer that can't use his illusions is kinda useless)

@Froh.3072 said:

• He's more than a nightmare in mesmer (he fully heals itself on illusions ... so a mesmer that can't use his illusions is kinda useless)

Well, he does heal on illusions, but only if you're either to close to him, or not CC'ing him.Either way i didn't have any problems against him as a mes/chrono.

is it a learn to play issue? i have no doubts that i could complete it on a couple other characters of mine. but im also pretty sure i also have some that are really going to struggle on it. maybe it is a learn to play issue. sure he makes sense in the story, but mechanically he does so little which doesn't make this fight very fun. I've heard quite a few people claim he's easy, but is he fun? Zhaitan was easy.is it a learn to play issue if people are getting past Balthazar? there are so many things people have to beat to get to this point.my point, regardless if this fight was easy or hard, its just not a good fight; and since its not a good fight, its easy for it to be over tuned to some builds and under tuned for others.

@elrin.4750 said:Unfortunately, hard content/mechanic will always benefits the hardcore player or the casual who are natually good at games. I don't understand why ArenaNet just not use different modes:

• Easy mode for those who just wants to go through the story
  • Normal mode for the way Anet designed it
  • Hard mode for those who live their life in GW2 (and award a cool gear, title or something )

I bet this is not hard to implement, so why not just go with this.

SWTOR has STORY difficulty for most of their instancesi wonder why anet hasnt done something similar yetif i really wanted to do a boss dance, i could just go raiding or something

@Sonic the Hedgehog.5169 said:That:s not a solution. My build on my Dragonhunter is Soild but its no match up a boss that can heal as effectively as I canThat's your problem right there, I'm assuming you're using defensive gear... he will outheal you, you need overwhelming DPS. I did this on a Zerker staff Ele on the first try, surely a dragonhunter would have a waaaaaaaaay easier time.