Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED] - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Comments

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

I, also, have been hit by this. Can't tell if it is a bug or not, but it sure feels like one. At least I can sit on the key if I can't use it, I guess...

• JeffHardisty.1926JeffHardisty.1926 Member
    edited May 30, 2018

I just had this happen to me today. Was at 4/10 doing them in order, and all the ones I went to today were not working: I did finally find a working one but this is a bit of a pain for those of us that like to keep things orderly.

• Kaatora.3186Kaatora.3186 Member ✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018

It is now over one week since I opened the first chest that never reset since the 22 May patch, so the 1-week cooldown theories seem to be bust. Guess I don't bother anymore until I see the fix in the patch notes. Too much wasting time checking all the chests every day for nothing.

• Doghouse.1562Doghouse.1562 Member ✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018

@Dmon.2089 said:
    Can anyone else with this problem check if the achievement has disappeared from their list?

I have the same problem - only on my second rotation, but several of the chests are already visually open, and are not interactable. The achievement is visible in the achievements pane, I'm able to track it, and the chests I'm having problems with show as not yet completed. But I did the chests in a somewhat arbitrary order the first time through, so I can't say how those which I can/can't open correlate to any past activity.

• Doghouse.1562Doghouse.1562 Member ✭✭

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:
    I, also, have been hit by this. Can't tell if it is a bug or not, but it sure feels like one. At least I can sit on the key if I can't use it, I guess...

Until and unless someone comes in here to say that they had the problem but it cleared, I'd say it's pretty certain that it's a bug.

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭

I am experiencing this also.

• Stephen.1207Stephen.1207 Member ✭✭

same here and my other friends having the same problem I reported it in game was gonna do that here but u beat me to it

• Same problem as most.
    I completed my 2nd round and no chests, after that completion, allow me to open them. I still am able to complete the dailies to get a key, but without the ability to use it.......if this is intended, it's really really dumb.

• Does anyone from Anet read or respond to these forums? I see responses all the time on the reddit forum? I'm stuck at 6/10 on the chests on the 3rd go round

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

They do; see the Dev Tracker.
    What they don't do is provide responses to every thread/bug topic/balance lament/etc.

For an individualized response, you can contact the CS Team (though, until the QA Team or Devs have a fix if it is, indeed, a bug, there isn't much the CS Team can do but suggest using the in-game Report feature or posting on the forums).

Good luck.

• alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭✭

maybe it's meant to be opened once?

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

• Manasa Devi.7958Manasa Devi.7958 Member ✭✭✭

A repeatable achievement wouldn't make much sense if you can only do it once. Also, I've already opened every chest at least twice (some 3 times).

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:
    A repeatable achievement wouldn't make much sense if you can only do it once. Also, I've already opened every chest at least twice (some 3 times).

Yeah, I was half way through cycle three when they bugged out for me.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

At 5/10 on the third cycle. All remaining chest are unusable. Got 2 or 3 key drops so it is slightly ahead of what it would be just from the dailies.

• Sitting at 1/10 for two days now.

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

Yep, I have 7/10 done on my third time through the achievement and 3 of the chests won't reset. Mt Malestrom, Iron Marches and Harathi Hinterlands won't reset.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• kajoken.1630kajoken.1630 Member ✭✭

2/10 done, the other 8 are bugged for me.

I'm at 5/10 for my 3rd run at the achievement. No chests became available in the last 2 days. Checking again tomorrow.

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

I'm also stuck at 6/10 of my 3rd repeat. None of the chests seem to be resetting. The only thing unusual about this round is that last week I happened to have 3 extra keys drop from mobs that I used. If that has something to do with it, then tomorrow should be the day when the chests reset again. I'll report back tomorrow with my findings.

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018

Same problem here. Really annoying

Edit: I think the chests have a 10-day internal cooldown, the first chest I opened in my previous rotation was available today. Then I went to check the second one and it was also available. The third chest I opened wasn't available, it has been 2 days since my last "completion", so it hasn't been 10 days yet since I opened the third one. I will try it again tomorrow and if I can open it then it will be somewhat confirmed, at least for me, that you need to wait 10 days for the chests to become available again.

My suggestion to everyone, until Anet provides a good solution, is to always open the chests in the same order, preferably the order they appear in the achievement panel (so always start with Gendaran Fields). That way by the time you complete the achievement the first chest will become available again.

• LaHire.5934LaHire.5934 Member ✭✭

Also stuck, halfway trough my 3rd cycle, with 3 keys, and I checked all 10 chests, they are (all)alrd opened. I've found a few extra keys lately, and cnosidering what I've read so far, it would seem so that you cannot loot the same chest twice inside a window of 10 days ?!...
    Fingers crossed ! I was about to write a ticket, but i'll wait and see a few more days...

@maddoctor.2738 said:
    Same problem here. Really annoying

Edit: I think the chests have a 10-day internal cooldown, the first chest I opened in my previous rotation was available today. Then I went to check the second one and it was also available. The third chest I opened wasn't available, it has been 2 days since my last "completion", so it hasn't been 10 days yet since I opened the third one. I will try it again tomorrow and if I can open it then it will be somewhat confirmed, at least for me, that you need to wait 10 days for the chests to become available again.

My suggestion to everyone, until Anet provides a good solution, is to always open the chests in the same order, preferably the order they appear in the achievement panel (so always start with Gendaran Fields). That way by the time you complete the achievement the first chest will become available again.

I've only had one extra key, and opened exactly 1 chest (though I don't remember the order) every day except the day I got the extra key. If they're on a 10 day cooldown, I shouldn't be stuck at 5/10 today.

• I have the same Issue, 1/10 since 2 days, no chest is interactable and they look like they are frozen in the open state of the chest.

• Trinnitty.8256Trinnitty.8256 Member ✭✭✭

I been stuck too with open chest appearing. I tried another character same thing. I been waiting for days since update.

• artemis.6781artemis.6781 Member ✭✭✭

Yes mine in mount maelstrom has been bugged for 4 days. It was the last one I opened in the previous cycle. It just never reset, but the others have.

• iczek.9628iczek.9628 Member ✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018

I'm on my third round. Currently at 2/10. I went to Bloodtide Coast and the chest was already opened. I went to Kessex Hills and the chest is already opened. So I went to the end of the list to Mount Maelstrom and the chest is opened. Starting today it's not resetting for me.

Edit: I went to the remaining 8 locations and all of them have opened chests. So only the first two reset, Gendarren Fields and Harathi Hinterlands.

• Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

ANET: Please clarify whether you put in a time gate on sunken chests other than keys. Otherwise there's really no reason to have extra keys drop from mobs.

Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

• jediwolf.8724jediwolf.8724 Member ✭✭✭

I have 2 keys. Four chests to open on this 10 chest cycle and I can not open any.
    Why can all chest reset every night period? If you want to open the same chest all the time and not worry
    about the achievement you should be able to. I have to waypoint across the maps every night trying to
    find one to open. Is this some kind of nickel and diming gold sink??

• Locce.8405Locce.8405 Member ✭✭✭

@Heibi.4251 said:
    ANET: Please clarify whether you put in a time gate on sunken chests other than keys. Otherwise there's really no reason to have extra keys drop from mobs.

I do not think it is a timegate unless it is one that they non-retroactively added with last week's patch. None of the chests I have opened since then has reset, and now I am stuck at 8/10 with two dropped keys I have used. If it is a (terribly short-sighted) 10-day-cooldown per chest one of them should become usable again in two days (and we would all get stacks over stacks of unusable keys with time). Otherwise they broke something and the chests just do not reset anymore until they fix this.

• Hazteur.8165Hazteur.8165 Member ✭✭

So I was (am) experiencing the same bug, just after I completed all 10 chests. The next day I went to a several spots but the chests did not highlight. I then went back to my first chest a day later and sure enough it was able to be looted. I then went the to second chest I looted and it too was able to be opened while others cant. It would appear that there is a 10day reset linked to each chest per account.
    I think some people that cant loot two days in a row is because they used 2+ keys on the same day or something and therefore 2+ chests will reset by the same delay. So if you forgot the order you opened them on probably the best bet is to wait 10 days open all of them and the collect keys and open them all again 10 days later unless you want to keep track.

• len.7809len.7809 Member ✭✭

phew i thought i was the only one who is bugged. At least i have keys to open chest when this is fixed

• I'm experiencing the same problem... chest are open on maps before I even try to do anything. Hope this will be fixed soon.

• Dravis.7681Dravis.7681 Member ✭✭

Finished 2nd cycle. Stuck at 4/10 on 3rd cycle. Have keys but remaining 6 chests already appear open/looted.

• YtseJam.9784YtseJam.9784 Member ✭✭

Same issue here. I have completed the achievement 2 times, and this 3rd cycle I did the first 7 chests in order, last 3 when I go there they are already open and can't interact with them. Second day in a row that I see all remaining 3 chests like that. I also checked the ones I already done, and as expected, they are non usable as well.

• @SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Yeah, I was half way through cycle three when they bugged out for me.

Exactly the same as me! Just bugged out today.

• Ahratan.1098Ahratan.1098 Member ✭✭

Same bug here. All are available except for 3 of them.

If there is some internal CD on them, it would be nice if it wasn't hidden...

• Daddicus.6128Daddicus.6128 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2018

It's not a cooldown. Always, in the past, when I looted a sunken chest, it was still available as an interactive object. Starting today, they're not. They're just decorations now, as far as I can tell.

It has to be a bug, but other people CAN harvest them, so it's also an exploit of sorts.

• I have 3 keys and no chests to open

A plan? **
    **Seriously?

Whispers: "Ok.. Hit it till it stops moving then a few more times just to be sure it won't move ever again."
    What do you mean there is a Guide? Why do I have to play someone else's Game?

No chest today, 2 days running.

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2018

Yep, chests didn't reset today either, so that rules out the "chests can only be opened once in a 10 day cycle". This just looks to be bugged, full stop. Guess it's time for a /bug report, everyone!

• Luna.9640Luna.9640 Member ✭✭
    edited June 1, 2018

It is a game wide bug affecting many people as far as i can see - me included.

I've checked all chest location and all appear to be open while the achievement clearly shows that i still didn't do the Timberline Falls and Snowden Drift once.

https://i.imgur.com/hXPfWYJ.png

It says looted while the check mark shows they aren't.

I still have 2 keys from doing the daily and I've already reported it in-game after waiting 24h+ to see if it is cooldown related issue (but it is not)

• @Doghouse.1562 said:

@Dmon.2089 said:
    Can anyone else with this problem check if the achievement has disappeared from their list?

I have the same problem - only on my second rotation, but several of the chests are already visually open, and are not interactable. The achievement is visible in the achievements pane, I'm able to track it, and the chests I'm having problems with show as not yet completed. But I did the chests in a somewhat arbitrary order the first time through, so I can't say how those which I can/can't open correlate to any past activity.

@Doghouse.1562 said:

@Dmon.2089 said:

Well same here i have 3 keys but can not open any chest as i look by achiefment is say i dont have him hmm

• Since two days im stuck at the master diver achievement at 6/10. I can not interact with any of the 4 missing chests that are not checked with a tiny cute green arrow yet. Every time i approach the evil chests or sneaking to them giggling in a very strange and weird suffering way they graphically show as open. No interaction possibruuuu O_o.

Please help my poor soul, before i will lose the last 0,001% of my sanity left. niahahahahahahaha raaaaaaaaah ^(°-°)^

• juhani.5361juhani.5361 Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2018

Just hit me today on my third go-round. Chest in the Snowden Drifts was open. I've only been opening a single chest a day, so I should be in sync with any reset schedule. I always follow the sequence in the wiki.

• godsie.2864godsie.2864 Member ✭✭

this has happened now to me - on my 3rd run through of mater diver on 6 out of 10 opened and remaining chests now all appear as opened and cant interact with them so am stuck must be bug Anet plz fix

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

Having the same issue, the randomness is annoying.

BG

• yes sir, 3rd run 6/10 = stuck

• Another report for this - I'm at 5/10 on Master Diver having completed it twice so far.

Gendarran Fields Sunken Chest Looted
    Harathi Hinterlands Sunken Chest Looted
    Bloodtide Coast Sunken Chest Looted
    Kessex Hills Sunken Chest Looted
    Iron Marches Sunken Chest Looted

and have the tick next to them. I visited all 5 of the others in the achievement:

Snowden Drifts Sunken Chest
    Frostgorge Sound Sunken Chest
    Lornar's Pass Sunken Chest
    Timberline Falls Sunken Chest
    Mount Maelstrom Sunken Chest

and all of them show as already opened.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.