Any way to hide icons of boosters/guild banners/other private effects that don't affect gameplay?

bambi.6214

Usually it's not a big deal, but when an enemy used Heroes Banner (6 icons), Metabilic and Utility boosters (8 icons), Birthday booster (9) and uses Candy Corn Gobbler (9+5 = 14), their effect icons can make a loooooooooooooooooooong line stretching through our screens, especially when we count conditions, boons and special effect (like Spotter) icons. Those I mentioned at the beginning have no effect on gameplay, so would it be possible to hide them to reduce the UI clutter?

UI customization? Pishah. It took 5 years to get health bars over allies. I've been asking for this after the first year as it is usually one of the last things done, but it doesn't even seem to be on the radar. I'd love to have the option to hide those things. I'd also like to be able to move my buff / debuff bar to someplace more in my line of vision and make them bigger, prioritize certain buffs / debuff that are really important to see. Kinda hard to see them when playing at high resolution. Also, having the enemy buff/debuff over their head. These options have been the norm on every PvP oriented game for at least a decade.

@Spurnshadow.3678 said:UI customization? Pishah. It took 5 years to get health bars over allies. I've been asking for this after the first year as it is usually one of the last things done, but it doesn't even seem to be on the radar. I'd love to have the option to hide those things. I'd also like to be able to move my buff / debuff bar to someplace more in my line of vision and make them bigger, prioritize certain buffs / debuff that are really important to see. Kinda hard to see them when playing at high resolution. Also, having the enemy buff/debuff over their head. These options have been the norm on every PvP oriented game for at least a decade.

Yea, it's a shame we don't have GW1-style of UI system, but it was already said in a few AMAs GW2 UI is a much different thing than GW1's.

Topic: Outnumbered icon is already hidden from enemies, so I assume it is possible to hide icons.

@Samug.6512 said:

@Spurnshadow.3678 said:UI customization? Pishah. It took 5 years to get health bars over allies. I've been asking for this after the first year as it is usually one of the last things done, but it doesn't even seem to be on the radar. I'd love to have the option to hide those things. I'd also like to be able to move my buff / debuff bar to someplace more in my line of vision and make them bigger, prioritize certain buffs / debuff that are really important to see. Kinda hard to see them when playing at high resolution. Also, having the enemy buff/debuff over their head. These options have been the norm on every PvP oriented game for at least a decade.

Yea, it's a shame we don't have GW1-style of UI system, but it was already said in a few AMAs GW2 UI is a much different thing than GW1's.

Topic:
Outnumbered icon is already hidden from enemies, so I assume it is possible to hide icons.the first hidden buff was commander tag :Dbut there are many more UI options missing, for example you cannot hide certain UI parts only all of it. like chat window, that little head for party window, events , the menu bar or the map. i would disable probably all of those when roaming ( tho map only if we get a windowed map when pressing m rather then fullscreen).

@"Samug.6512" said:Usually it's not a big deal, but when an enemy used Heroes Banner (6 icons), Metabilic and Utility boosters (8 icons), Birthday booster (9) and uses Candy Corn Gobbler (9+5 = 14), their effect icons can make a loooooooooooooooooooong line stretching through our screens, especially when we count conditions, boons and special effect (like Spotter) icons. Those I mentioned at the beginning have no effect on gameplay, so would it be possible to hide them to reduce the UI clutter?I agree, it is a bit too much:directupload.net/file/d/5108/e7hroesc_jpg.htm

Be able to customize the UI would be a nice QOL thing.

At one point I couldn't tell if I had food up or not because I had a good number of effects going (mostly from a hero's banner) that caused the food icon to be hidden behind the unadjustable part of my minimap.I do agree it could use a bit of a rework.

I can see the patch notes now...

@"Game Update Notes: July 17, 2018"

Necromancer

• Corrupt Boon: In addition to boons, this skill now converts up to 3 additional effects into conditions.

I have posted numerous times since early access asking for a flexible UI like what I had in SWTOR; alas as others have said, not even an acknowledgement from Anet. It sucks too b/c half the time, I can't see the Outnumbered icon because I have so many buff icons on that outnumbered is hidden behind my mini-map!!

Archived