Impossible odds late complaint

Lahmia.2193

This was a fine example of Anet wanting to create something (Brutality in this case), but realising one skill or trait will make it too powerful (Impossible Odds) and so instead of rethinking the new idea, they just nerf the obstacle.

Or am I just mad and missing something here?

@Rym.1469 said:I believe the process was the other way around. They wanted IO changed first for PvE and then came up with the quickness trait in attempt to restore some of the lost quickness.

They already added a bonus damage of like 10% to IO though, which they have now removed. Seems like they could have just upped that a bit to help pve instead of ruining everywhere else.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@Rym.1469 said:I believe the process was the other way around. They wanted IO changed first for PvE and then came up with the quickness trait in attempt to restore some of the lost quickness.

They already added a bonus damage of like 10% to IO though, which they have now removed. Seems like they could have just upped that a bit to help pve instead of ruining everywhere else.

I think the IO change was also (mostly) a subtle backdoor nerf to hammer rev's in WvW zergs and vs double Scourge sPvP teams... Tons of hard QQ about it at the time--despite there being 10 scourges for every 1 hammer rev you'd see.

But I guess it sort of makes sense from a business standpoint since 1200 range burst dps is the hard counter to scourges, and new PoF specs sell more copies if they're not getting curb stomped into the ground by meme builds from 2 years ago. :trollface:

Archived