Remove Mirage Cloak on dodge

Abelisk.4527

Make Phantasms turn into Mirage Mirrors when they finish their attack instead. This encourages Mirages to move around more often rather than be stationary and just spam ambushes both in PVE and PVP settings.

or uhh do a complete overhaul and scrap mirrors entirely//add F5

Also, dodging will work normally now.

Mirage mirrors is still a terrible mechanic in my strong opinion., Picking up power ups is horrible in an mmo. I think your idea is terrible. And I honestly don't see mirages standing still anymore than other classes. In PvE, mirages move just as much as it's necessary, same as all other classes. And in pvp, mirages are always moving. Staying still for any class in pvp is sure death.

@Trigr.6481 said:Yeah, the mirage mirrors are not the best design choice personally. I'd rather not have to worry about playing hopscotch for 90% of my fights.

Yeah, that in particular too. Mirage mirrors are a garbage concept that literally was developed cause somebody liked a fancy piece of concept art. They're clunky, barely functional, unfun to interact with, and just all around a bad idea.

I really dislike Mirrors too but odds of ANet going against their already-made mechanics decision is statistically improbable (look at Ventari's tablet).

Mirage Cloak on dodge is just bad. Sigil of Energy/Rune of Adventure/endurance food just break it (not to mention the coupling with Elusive Mind). Maybe there could be an F5 mechanic that releases "Mirage Charges" and grants you Mirage Cloak based on how many stored charges you had. The charges would be obtained through skills that previously would grant mirage cloak and mirage mirror. The CD on F5 would ideally be fairly low.

dunno why you all hate mirrors that much. you can tactically work with them (only speak for wvw/pvp no clue how usefull they can be in pve), from the trait and the heal and the dodge utility (forgot the name) you know where they will spawn, also with the longer duration you dont need to instantly run to them. i rly like mirrors. maybe you just work with them in a wrong way. in the beta you were right (too random spawn from the trait, too short duration until you have to pick them) but after the rework i think they are fine now.remove mirage cloak? just no.

Hell no to changing dodge.

And mirrors are also fine in small doses - I find sand through glass very useful thanks to the mirror(unless immobilised - but that needs to be changed to always move you away from the mirror). But if the whole spec was about running around picking up mirrors I'd be pretty sad.

@Abelisk.4527 said:Make Phantasms turn into Mirage Mirrors when they finish their attack instead. This encourages Mirages to move around more often rather than be stationary and just spam ambushes both in PVE and PVP settings.

or uhh do a complete overhaul and scrap mirrors entirely//add F5

Also, dodging will work normally now.

This idea...it is horrible.

Mirage Mirrors are just an annoying gimmick. Hey, I got it! Let's force Mirage to run around picking up stupid mirrors! How is that in any way useful? Isn't the whole point of dodging to time them and manage endurance? Mirage Mirrors do neither. No, thanks. Find a better suggestion.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Abelisk.4527 said:Let's all calm down and think about Mirage. Dodges have become invulnerabilities.

No they haven't. What are you even talking about?

A popular claim that people who can't fight Mirage are making now is that Mirage Cloak is essentially invulnerability since it lasts slightly longer and you can do stuff while it's happening.

@"Abelisk.4527" said:or uhh do a complete overhaul and scrap mirrors entirely//add F5

Yes please :pensive:

Mirage nearly made me quit the game. Or rather, the sheer "eeeehhhhhhh"-disappointment over the PoF elite specs in general did, other than for the new patch now I don't really log in any more. Not like I wouldn't have plenty ingame goals left, but development of non-throwaway-mini-content for the LS releases is way too slow to make me think the devs will have time to do the sweeping reworks the classes and combat systems need. Before GW3, in any case.

So, chances of a Mirage full-rework happening: 0%Me loving the thought anyhow: 11/10, yes please! :grin:

@Arlette.9684 said:Never gonna happen. Mirage cloak is a core mechanic for the e-spec and changing it now, after the rework is about as unlikely as seeing pigs fly. Focus your anger elsewhere.

Which is a bit of a shame in a way, because any work spent on fixing up the current Mirage mechanics is ultimately wasted. The spec needs scrappign and re-doing, starting with an actual theme.

@Carighan.6758 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:Never gonna happen. Mirage cloak is a core mechanic for the e-spec and changing it now, after the rework is about as unlikely as seeing pigs fly. Focus your anger elsewhere.

Which is a bit of a shame in a way, because any work spent on fixing up the
current
Mirage mechanics is ultimately wasted. The spec needs scrappign and re-doing, starting with an
actual
theme.

Why? I think it's really great. Fun to play and there's no reason they can't balance it for PvP. It isn't THAT OP. It's just OP in 1v1 and has high mobility, essentially a juiced up thief. They're increasingly irrelevant the more players you add to the fight (see WvW zerg for the opposite end of that spectrum!). But of course since PvP players can't stand to lose, 1v1 somehow seems more important than actually winning games.

They don't have to rework mirage cloak to bring mirage in line. It just needs toning down in that dueling scenario and a look into certain over-performing traits and skills such as mirage thrust, Elusive Mind, and probably some of the synergy between shatter and ambush for condi builds. People are just losing their minds over this.

Archived