Beetles in Lion's Arch: A very specific suggestion

On this magnificent graph here is my path almost everytime I go through this stairway:https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2018/26/5/1530286956-the-beetle-problem.png

Since this is one of the city's main choke points, where a large number of players go through every day, would it be possible to remove the collision of that wire, at least when we're riding a Roller Beetle?

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Chazz.6709 said:its needed for a jumping puzzle :D . so no :D

Wait, people still do that without a springer or griffon?

I saw someone doing it the original way last week, so yes. :)

Yes ! some peoples does. Dont forget not everyone owns hot or other expansions. I still see and know peoples , who own only the base game.

Also let's be honest it's really funny to sit down there on your bench of final judgement and enjoy how almost everyone hit that rope lmao xD

Maybe they could remove collision from the pillar, but keep it on the roof? So people doing the puzzle can still walk on it, but people going past underneath won't crash into it.

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

@Chazz.6709 said:its needed for a jumping puzzle :D . so no :D

Wait, people still do that without a springer or griffon?

I don't do it nearly as much as I used to because the Pact Mastery speed boost is really annoying, but I still do it occasionally, and always the long way because I'm doing it for fun so taking shortcuts just means less fun.

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:This sounds like, can we please remove all obstacles so that we can rollerbeetle everywhere!

Destroy houses, cut down trees and pave the road for the perfect race track.No, just the one that's, you know, inside the game's main city, in a choke point where a large amount of people go through every day, and where having an obstacle there doesn't really add any gameplay (as opposed to open world maps where you often have others options to go around the obstacle).@Dreadshow.9320 said:Not a priority by any means. Much bigger fish to fry before this even makes it on the list to maybe discuss at a yearly qol meeting.

But it doesn't seem very complicated to do either. It's not like creating a new map or making a balance patch. It's going in the editor, right clic on the thing, and remove collision. Well at least I think it's that simple, correct me if I'm wrong x)

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:This sounds like, can we please remove all obstacles so that we can rollerbeetle everywhere!

Destroy houses, cut down trees and pave the road for the perfect race track.No, just the one that's, you know, inside the game's main city, in a choke point where a large amount of people go through every day, and where having an obstacle there doesn't really add any gameplay (as opposed to open world maps where you ofter have others options to go around the obstacle).@Dreadshow.9320 said:Not a priority by any means. Much bigger fish to fry before this even makes it on the list to maybe discuss at a yearly qol meeting.

But it doesn't seem very complicated to do either. It's not like creating a new map or making a balance patch. It's going in the editor, right clic on the thing, and remove collision. Well at least I think it's that simple, correct me if I'm wrong x)

I gotta admit, I only understood the picture after getting the beetle myself. I can understand now that youre talking about the wire not the pillar. xD

Still, I do like the ability to walk over those wires maybe hang it higher? Or remove collission, I suppose that works.

Archived