Most UP(Underpowered) class? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Most UP(Underpowered) class?

aimz.6287aimz.6287 Member ✭✭✭

Just like my OVER POWERED FORUM/POLL. So all around, in general, most UNDERPOWERED class in game to date (7/13/18)? This is for ANET to see what the community thinks of the classes in where to help which classes and which ones need balancing, thank you! Be fair! Leave a comment on why you voted for who you voted and why you think the other classes are poorly excecuted in there design.

Most UP(Underpowered) class? 144 votes

Guardian
1%
Bariel.3562NoNameNoob.9758 2 votes
Warrior
0%
Mthe mystery.4615 1 vote
Revenant
32%
Red Haired Savage.5430BlaqueFyre.5678TheSlothArmada.6709Solori.6025Khailyn.6248Grimheart.2853phokus.8934Raknar.4735babazhook.6805Exalted Quality.8534Clownmug.8357nedlee.5943DanAlcedo.3281Gemnaid.4219Korambits.7051The Night Fox.6018aimz.6287Evolute.6239Nilson.9865Bish.8627 47 votes
Thief
9%
lkilian.1854Alatar.7364bearshaman.3421Herdum.3194Remus Darkblight.1673roamzero.9486Catchyfx.5768Tails.9372Haco.1546ice knight.4295MechVampyre.2903James.9071Skennes.3604 13 votes
Engineer
7%
Mara.6782Lily.1935Vagrant.7206kuma.2710EruWan.4362Katrina.8702Ygomogad.1836Jaruselka.5943Calisanna.8732Sketch.3658King Nutella.4570 11 votes
Elementalist
15%
MaxwellM.2075Mini Crinny.6190K THEN.5162Mr Godlike.6098otto.5684Yannir.4132shinta.8906JayPanda.1304Interpretor.3091Widmo.3186Undertow.2389GoodWithGravy.8019Medvedovka.8523Elayyna.9785BlueCar.1587Samuel.4812Wizardauz.3761TheGreatPeef.5812Ciclopico.9751Petergf.8713 22 votes
Ranger
3%
Ultima.8673Xenash.1245ChartFish.1308HUYGO.6749Katsuragi.4026 5 votes
Necromancer
27%
Autumn.8043SidewayS.3789Arzurag.7506Sephylon.4938Zaraki.5784Ryouzanpaku.1273Ivantreil.3092Ereniis.3749Blood Red Arachnid.2493ZeftheWicked.3076Regon Phoenix.8215Shadowmoon.7986Azrielvon.7836Scarran.9845CptAurellian.9537Ceit.7619Yuyuske.7182Lunateric.3708artemis.6781Pansoul.9436 39 votes
Mesmer
2%
Elmo Benchwarmer.3025Roam.5208KeoLegend.5132Jack.3518 4 votes
<1

Comments

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    Scourge in wvw is still good. But Eles overpowered necro long ago. People just didn't notice.

    In high-end pve necro is again back in the groupjoin = instakick. No other class bill be treated like this.

    In PvP, well it's not fun to play. No real options to create a own build. And mostly idiots play it that yell about necro being op, because they can't facetank him (might be possible now though)
    And complain about how many condos necro can put up at one, but that it's only up to 6 stacks on 2-3damaging conditions, while other classes can do the same amount of condis but with 10 or more stacks on dmging conditions, nobody cares about

  • Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Lol, necro & mesmer? Nice memes.

  • Thief

    I've gone with Thief mainly on how it's either bad or simply a non-discussion in PvE. I love the thief stylistically and thematically but I've just never been able to get to grips with it. Maybe it's just a bad match for how I play but I don't have this issue with other classes. Even against AI opponents I can struggle with Thief.
    Whether this is a design issue or a git good issue is debatable.

    Exploring Tyria since before the fall of Ascalon.

  • Thief

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:
    I've gone with Thief mainly on how it's either bad or simply a non-discussion in PvE. I love the thief stylistically and thematically but I've just never been able to get to grips with it. Maybe it's just a bad match for how I play but I don't have this issue with other classes. Even against AI opponents I can struggle with Thief.
    Whether this is a design issue or a git good issue is debatable.

    Lol, thief joins the meme club. Seriously, 39k from basically autoattacking is underpowered?

    The measure of a class is not only in it's DPS numbers. I would look at all game modes and how viable it is in each and with how many builds/roles. A one trick pony that achieves moderate to good DPS on a golem could still be an underpowered class when held up to other classes that may do similar DPS, but also have greater sustain or alternative builds available to them.
    In my opinion, I have put enough hours into the game to be able to take any of the classes into open world PvE and feel comfortable with them with a relatively short adjustment period, I haven't been able to do that with Thief. Again, maybe it's me and not the class design, just my opinion.

    Exploring Tyria since before the fall of Ascalon.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:
    I've gone with Thief mainly on how it's either bad or simply a non-discussion in PvE. I love the thief stylistically and thematically but I've just never been able to get to grips with it. Maybe it's just a bad match for how I play but I don't have this issue with other classes. Even against AI opponents I can struggle with Thief.
    Whether this is a design issue or a git good issue is debatable.

    Lol, thief joins the meme club. Seriously, 39k from basically autoattacking is underpowered?

    That's all it does though, or apparently so.

  • Catchyfx.5768Catchyfx.5768 Member ✭✭✭
    Thief

    Id say thief, cuz they can be only glasscanon class. No Variety.
    Then i'd say Revenant, not because they are weak but because you are locked from some theory buildcrafting because legends)
    And Necromancer because stats, lowest dps, lowest heal, worst tank/defence, slowest movement/casting.

    I still dont get it why 1200 range classes are most mobile and gives biggest dmg while closerange clasess are slower and deal lower dmg..:D

    Jokaurene

  • Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:
    I've gone with Thief mainly on how it's either bad or simply a non-discussion in PvE. I love the thief stylistically and thematically but I've just never been able to get to grips with it. Maybe it's just a bad match for how I play but I don't have this issue with other classes. Even against AI opponents I can struggle with Thief.
    Whether this is a design issue or a git good issue is debatable.

    Lol, thief joins the meme club. Seriously, 39k from basically autoattacking is underpowered?

    The measure of a class is not only in it's DPS numbers. I would look at all game modes and how viable it is in each and with how many builds/roles. A one trick pony that achieves moderate to good DPS on a golem could still be an underpowered class when held up to other classes that may do similar DPS, but also have greater sustain or alternative builds available to them.
    In my opinion, I have put enough hours into the game to be able to take any of the classes into open world PvE and feel comfortable with them with a relatively short adjustment period, I haven't been able to do that with Thief. Again, maybe it's me and not the class design, just my opinion.

    Please tell me more about it. I happen to play a one trick pony that did less on a small hitbox and just got nerfed quite hard.

  • Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Feanor stop being tilted about ele; it's not actually the most underpowered class.

  • Mr Godlike.6098Mr Godlike.6098 Member ✭✭✭
    Elementalist

    In pvp ele is defenitly the worst

  • Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Etheri.5406 said:
    Feanor stop being tilted about ele; it's not actually the most underpowered class.

    You can note that I did not vote for ele. However, voting for thief is outright ridiculous. They are blatantly overpowered. 39k on small, come on.
    Same holds true for Mesmer which is not only by and far the most powerful support out there, but also have formidable roamer and excellent condi dps builds.
    Same holds true for Scourge and Firebrand, on the basis of their complete dominance in WvW - although this might be a bit too soon to judge as there were changes in the patch intended to bring them more in line with other classes.

    I'm not calling ele the most underpowered, although I'd argue its power is lower than it needs to be now. But I can't understand how someone can claim any of the above is with a straight face.

  • ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2018
    Necromancer

    I play and main necro and my vote is necro. Forget raid damage or getting 1v5 in pvp, though they certainly contribute. Two top reason i voted necro are:

    1. core necro is not viable no matter how you slice it compared other core classes. Death shroud is horrible. Power build gets destroyed by cc and doesnt' do that much damage, condi build takes forever to get it's damage going.

    2. overboard profession weakness. I get everyone has their short end of the stick. But necro's lack of stability is just atrocious. To add insult to injury necro is not a boon span class, so any boon (except might) that he looses to boonhate is a serious loss, and it's hard for him to shield his stab with a wall of other boons. Because of that necro's top tier play is not about you being a great necro. It's about you having great teammates that babysit your kitten. Something other professions aren't forced to do...

  • Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Etheri.5406 said:
    Feanor stop being tilted about ele; it's not actually the most underpowered class.

    You can note that I did not vote for ele. However, voting for thief is outright ridiculous. They are blatantly overpowered. 39k on small, come on.
    Same holds true for Mesmer which is not only by and far the most powerful support out there, but also have formidable roamer and excellent condi dps builds.
    Same holds true for Scourge and Firebrand, on the basis of their complete dominance in WvW - although this might be a bit too soon to judge as there were changes in the patch intended to bring them more in line with other classes.

    I'm not calling ele the most underpowered, although I'd argue its power is lower than it needs to be now. But I can't understand how someone can claim any of the above is with a straight face.

    Scourge is in a worse spot than weaver in WvW. It's in a worse spot than weaver in PvE. The only thing it has is PvP; where it hasn't been dominant or overbearing except to low rated players for a long time.

    If all these classes aren't even an option, why add them as options?

    Weaver is the most overpowered and dominant class in WvW right now; more overbearing than scourge.

    If I look at the strengths of each classes the way you do, there are no underpowered classes. Weaver most dominant in WvW zergs. Chrono irreplacable for pve. Thief too good dps. Druid irreplacable for PvE. FB too good for pvp / wvw sustain. Rev and holo have great dps specs, great pvp specs and great WvW specs right now. You'll never get rid of necros in pvp and wvw completely because the only large scale corrupt option. Warrior has BS in pve and spellbreaker everywhere else.

    Did I forget anything? Doesn't matter; they have great builds somewhere. If you "can't vote for X or Y because they have a good build here or there" then frankly - nothing is OP or UP. That's why these blanket statements without specifications of gamemode or situation aren't particularly useful.

  • InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Fir me there is apparently none. There is no class that is just bad all over the place performance wise.
    There are professions that need serious mechanic overhauls like ranger pets, rev skill systems and engineer kits but thats it. Mechanics are more the issue than just straight up performance.

  • Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Etheri.5406 said:

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Etheri.5406 said:
    Feanor stop being tilted about ele; it's not actually the most underpowered class.

    You can note that I did not vote for ele. However, voting for thief is outright ridiculous. They are blatantly overpowered. 39k on small, come on.
    Same holds true for Mesmer which is not only by and far the most powerful support out there, but also have formidable roamer and excellent condi dps builds.
    Same holds true for Scourge and Firebrand, on the basis of their complete dominance in WvW - although this might be a bit too soon to judge as there were changes in the patch intended to bring them more in line with other classes.

    I'm not calling ele the most underpowered, although I'd argue its power is lower than it needs to be now. But I can't understand how someone can claim any of the above is with a straight face.

    Scourge is in a worse spot than weaver in WvW. It's in a worse spot than weaver in PvE. The only thing it has is PvP; where it hasn't been dominant or overbearing except to low rated players for a long time.

    If all these classes aren't even an option, why add them as options?

    Weaver is the most overpowered and dominant class in WvW right now; more overbearing than scourge.

    If I look at the strengths of each classes the way you do, there are no underpowered classes. Weaver most dominant in WvW zergs. Chrono irreplacable for pve. Thief too good dps. Druid irreplacable for PvE. FB too good for pvp / wvw sustain. Rev and holo have great dps specs, great pvp specs and great WvW specs right now. You'll never get rid of necros in pvp and wvw completely because the only large scale corrupt option. Warrior has BS in pve and spellbreaker everywhere else.

    Did I forget anything? Doesn't matter; they have great builds somewhere. If you "can't vote for X or Y because they have a good build here or there" then frankly - nothing is OP or UP. That's why these blanket statements without specifications of gamemode or situation aren't particularly useful.

    I don't really see how weaver suddenly became any better in wvw, but nevermind. I can probably agree that the necromancer is a tad underpowered now that they also lost the epi bounce. My point still stands for the mesmer and the thief though. They are the most overpowered classes in the game right now.

  • Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Etheri.5406 said:

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Etheri.5406 said:
    Feanor stop being tilted about ele; it's not actually the most underpowered class.

    You can note that I did not vote for ele. However, voting for thief is outright ridiculous. They are blatantly overpowered. 39k on small, come on.
    Same holds true for Mesmer which is not only by and far the most powerful support out there, but also have formidable roamer and excellent condi dps builds.
    Same holds true for Scourge and Firebrand, on the basis of their complete dominance in WvW - although this might be a bit too soon to judge as there were changes in the patch intended to bring them more in line with other classes.

    I'm not calling ele the most underpowered, although I'd argue its power is lower than it needs to be now. But I can't understand how someone can claim any of the above is with a straight face.

    Scourge is in a worse spot than weaver in WvW. It's in a worse spot than weaver in PvE. The only thing it has is PvP; where it hasn't been dominant or overbearing except to low rated players for a long time.

    If all these classes aren't even an option, why add them as options?

    Weaver is the most overpowered and dominant class in WvW right now; more overbearing than scourge.

    If I look at the strengths of each classes the way you do, there are no underpowered classes. Weaver most dominant in WvW zergs. Chrono irreplacable for pve. Thief too good dps. Druid irreplacable for PvE. FB too good for pvp / wvw sustain. Rev and holo have great dps specs, great pvp specs and great WvW specs right now. You'll never get rid of necros in pvp and wvw completely because the only large scale corrupt option. Warrior has BS in pve and spellbreaker everywhere else.

    Did I forget anything? Doesn't matter; they have great builds somewhere. If you "can't vote for X or Y because they have a good build here or there" then frankly - nothing is OP or UP. That's why these blanket statements without specifications of gamemode or situation aren't particularly useful.

    I don't really see how weaver suddenly became any better in wvw, but nevermind. I can probably agree that the necromancer is a tad underpowered now that they also lost the epi bounce. My point still stands for the mesmer and the thief though. They are the most overpowered classes in the game right now.

    It's called "bias".

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47642/meteor-wars

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8ydg7u/is_meteor_shower_bugged_in_wvw/

    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47507/am-i-the-only-power-staff-weaver-that-likes-these-changes-in-wvw

  • Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If it is also called "bug" then there's no reason to even bring it. Bugs get fixed. The only legitimate reason I've seen for MS to suddenly start dealing more damage is lowered protection uptime. However, this benefits similarly the hammer revs. Or any power builds really. IIRC in the past necromancers had a usable power well build in wvw.

  • Thief

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:
    I've gone with Thief mainly on how it's either bad or simply a non-discussion in PvE. I love the thief stylistically and thematically but I've just never been able to get to grips with it. Maybe it's just a bad match for how I play but I don't have this issue with other classes. Even against AI opponents I can struggle with Thief.
    Whether this is a design issue or a git good issue is debatable.

    Lol, thief joins the meme club. Seriously, 39k from basically autoattacking is underpowered?

    The measure of a class is not only in it's DPS numbers. I would look at all game modes and how viable it is in each and with how many builds/roles. A one trick pony that achieves moderate to good DPS on a golem could still be an underpowered class when held up to other classes that may do similar DPS, but also have greater sustain or alternative builds available to them.
    In my opinion, I have put enough hours into the game to be able to take any of the classes into open world PvE and feel comfortable with them with a relatively short adjustment period, I haven't been able to do that with Thief. Again, maybe it's me and not the class design, just my opinion.

    Please tell me more about it. I happen to play a one trick pony that did less on a small hitbox and just got nerfed quite hard.

    I'm not sure where all this negativity is coming from? Which class do you feel is most underpowered, and why?

    Exploring Tyria since before the fall of Ascalon.

  • Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:
    I've gone with Thief mainly on how it's either bad or simply a non-discussion in PvE. I love the thief stylistically and thematically but I've just never been able to get to grips with it. Maybe it's just a bad match for how I play but I don't have this issue with other classes. Even against AI opponents I can struggle with Thief.
    Whether this is a design issue or a git good issue is debatable.

    Lol, thief joins the meme club. Seriously, 39k from basically autoattacking is underpowered?

    The measure of a class is not only in it's DPS numbers. I would look at all game modes and how viable it is in each and with how many builds/roles. A one trick pony that achieves moderate to good DPS on a golem could still be an underpowered class when held up to other classes that may do similar DPS, but also have greater sustain or alternative builds available to them.
    In my opinion, I have put enough hours into the game to be able to take any of the classes into open world PvE and feel comfortable with them with a relatively short adjustment period, I haven't been able to do that with Thief. Again, maybe it's me and not the class design, just my opinion.

    Please tell me more about it. I happen to play a one trick pony that did less on a small hitbox and just got nerfed quite hard.

    I'm not sure where all this negativity is coming from? Which class do you feel is most underpowered, and why?

    I'm not sure, which is why I haven't voted. But it very clearly is neither thief, nor mesmer.

  • Revenant

    I dont know much about classes but I think its Revenant. Other classes are at least good at one thing- PVE or PVP. But Revenant doesnt shine any of them.

  • Necromancer

    underpowered overall but due to a skill and trait that allows abuse (epi and sand savant), it become broken. Requires rework that people been stressing it out a long time ago.

  • Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

    i will say this for shure the best classes are for any game mode are the mesmer, war, gurdion, and ranger hands down. i thnk for skill this be classes you need to work with to be good but are hard and good are as follows necro, ele, and engi. this leaves a few classes that need work on. this is rev and thief they in a state were we do not fit the right roles or our dps is just way to low with full zerker stuff. this has been changed a little but i still see this.

  • aimz.6287aimz.6287 Member ✭✭✭
    Revenant

    Mesmer nobody should vote for lol...

  • Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thief

    Ignoring gimmicks, certain thief builds are definitely underpowered. Same with Necromancer and some other stuff.

  • otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Elementalist

    I was considering necro, but they are fairly strong in PvP.

    I feel that voting for rev is unfair. Power herald is fairly strong in sPvP. Wvw rev is probably best backline damage. Renegade is okayish in raids (and probably power rev now as well). Though rev surely has the least viable builds in every game mode, beside our true winner.

    Ele, after last two patches the staff dps lead on large box is no longer that much from DH and renegade. It is okay on small box, but far from ideal. Ele is dead in PvP. Tempest is dead every where. Ele is probably the weakest open world PvE class.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 14, 2018
    Engineer

    @Tails.9372 said:
    Ignoring gimmicks, certain thief builds are definitely underpowered. Same with Necromancer and some other stuff.

    If you're going by builds, every class will have underpowered stuff. The question is meant to ask what class in general is underpowered.

    I don't think any class is particularly underpowered now. I'll argue rev and engi still have a lot of issues that need work, and bits of necro (pve) and ele (pvp) could use some help. The problem is that threads like this are the "pain olympics" and popular classes that are slightly weaker will tend to win them. Case in point, our favorite edgelords, necros.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Tails.9372Tails.9372 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018
    Thief

    @Vagrant.7206 said:
    The question is meant to ask what class in general is underpowered.

    And that's exactly what my answer is based on, the vast majority of thief builds are trash except for some niches where they are passable at best. They don't have good AoEs, they don't have good support, they're not good at tanking and the only thing they are kind of "good at" (single target damage) is something most builds are also on the low end of the spectrum. A profession having one or two good builds (especially if it's just for some niche) doesn't mean that the profession as a whole isn't "underpowerd" which is something many people seem to ignore.

  • Lily.1935Lily.1935 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Engineer

    Hmm. In spite of my harping on how necromancer is a balancing mess and that its shroud mechanic was a huge mistake, and how much I keep pointing out that revenant has the most linear gameplay imaginable and that it has very few skills I have to say engineer.

    Now before you guys gasp with disbelief and horror for this suggestion let me explain. When we look at effort vs outcome we can see that the Engineer asks quite a bit from the player. Many of their best builds require an extreme undertaking with a complex skill rotation or requires them to actually hurt themselves similar to necromancer, but without a real way to mitigate that damage. With this, what does the engineer have to show for it? Okay builds or under preforming builds when done perfectly. So with that in mind I have to give it to Engineer. This isn't to say that Necro and Rev don't have problems and aren't under powered.

  • Scar.1793Scar.1793 Member ✭✭✭
    Revenant

    Power Rev/Necro.

  • Necromancer

    It's probably easier to sort out which classes are least terrible and go from there. Even though I voted for necromancer, it does have its advantages. Particularly that it is newbie friendly and can inflict nearly full damage at 900 range. IMO there are a couple of close competitors for weakest class:

    Elemenatlists with their recent nerf got it pretty hard. Originally ele held the titles of highest damage at 1200 range, squishiest class, hardest class to play well, and most affected by enemy size. With the recent nerfs, eles are now a mediocre DPS class on small targets that also has the burden of being incredibly hard to play. Contrary to popular opinion, Thieves are a lot harder to kill than eles, since thieves have a ton of dodge skills and an incredibly flexible rotation. All of the skill dodges that ele gets are inflexible, being locked away in attunement swaps. Even after all this time, I still haven't learned how to play sword weaver well.

    Revenants are always in an... odd place. For one, their DPS rotations are highly situational, frequently counter-intuitive, and easy to mess up. This makes them somewhat effective in a lot of places, but not stellar enough considering all the difficulty in playing them. Because their high damaging spec is the condi spec, they suffer from ramp up issues, which is becoming more of a problem now that power is fully taking hold. I guess my issue is that the only way to play rev well atm is to change options away from how I play the game, and camp inside of the large hitbox while hoping energy management doesn't mess up, whereas before I could sit pretty with toggles and camp mace. For someone with carpal tunnel this difference means worlds.

    Necromancers have had their abilities gutted recently, leaving them with relatively low DPS. The ramp-up on them is so painful, and even running wells makes the damage feel slow. With epidemic gutted, they've lost the advantage of having the widest AoE damage in the game, so now they just sort of... sit there. One advantage to the class is that Reaper is easy to play and fun to do so.

    I can fully understand anyone voting for one of those three.

    "Self awareness is knowing when you're sitting at the throne of ignorance." --Leo G.

  • Necromancer

    PVP - necro.
    PVE - who even play that?
    WvW - still necro.

  • Aetatis.5418Aetatis.5418 Member ✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    cant answer, because its too dependend on gamemode and specialization.

    some professions are scaled down to a single specialization.

    however, thiefs, necros, engineers and revenants are somewhat left behind in many scenarios of the game. the rest of the professions is wanted almost everywhere and competitive.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    PVP - necro.
    PVE - who even play that?
    WvW - still necro.

    Saying that necromancer is underpowered in WvW is like saying that rangers and mesmer are underpowered in PvE. The necromancer is an unshakable part of the WvW meta in WvW, nobody can reasonably deny this fact.

  • Necromancer

    @Dadnir.5038 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    PVP - necro.
    PVE - who even play that?
    WvW - still necro.

    Saying that necromancer is underpowered in WvW is like saying that rangers and mesmer are underpowered in PvE. The necromancer is an unshakable part of the WvW meta in WvW, nobody can reasonably deny this fact.

    I can and i will. Necromancer's validity - denied.

  • zinkz.7045zinkz.7045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    WvW - still necro.

    OP this shows why your poll is completely worthless.

  • Necromancer

    @zinkz.7045 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    WvW - still necro.

    OP this shows why your poll is completely worthless.

    And this show how much some people enjoy that their mains aren't necromancers.

  • Hiki.9310Hiki.9310 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2018
    Revenant

    Revenant
    Trying to use anything but glint/shiro in spvp feels hopeless and renegade is just bad.

  • zinkz.7045zinkz.7045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2018

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

    @zinkz.7045 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    WvW - still necro.

    OP this shows why your poll is completely worthless.

    And this show how much some people enjoy that their mains aren't necromancers.

    Project much?

    What it shows is someone objective and who can count, who can amazingly work out that a class that has been meta for years and played in vast numbers is not under-powered in WvW.

    And incidentally I didn't have a main when I played this game and I don't really enjoy any class anymore, because the powercreep has turned the combat to trash and WvW is dead, so I've played maybe 25 hours in the whole of 2018, hence I haven't voted in this poll for my non-existent "main", unlike some. ;)

  • Necromancer

    @zinkz.7045 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    WvW - still necro.

    OP this shows why your poll is completely worthless.

    Projecting much?

    What it shows is someone who is subjective and who can lie, who can't work out that a class wasn't meta for years and haven't been seen in any tournament or other kind of high end competitive scene ever.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

    @zinkz.7045 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    WvW - still necro.

    OP this shows why your poll is completely worthless.

    Projecting much?

    What it shows is someone who is subjective and who can lie, who can't work out that a class wasn't meta for years and haven't been seen in any tournament or other kind of high end competitive scene ever.

    Except that the necromancer have been meta in both PvP and WvW for year, just because boon corruption is a thing. But considering:

    who can lie

    I guess the whole sentence make sense.

  • Necromancer

    @Dadnir.5038 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

    @zinkz.7045 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    WvW - still necro.

    OP this shows why your poll is completely worthless.

    Projecting much?

    What it shows is someone who is subjective and who can lie, who can't work out that a class wasn't meta for years and haven't been seen in any tournament or other kind of high end competitive scene ever.

    Except that the necromancer have been meta in both PvP and WvW for year, just because boon corruption is a thing.

    There were many tournaments and championships of GW2. Please, show how many necromancers have participated and how many necromancers were present in teams of winners.
    Open google -> find those people -> post videos of them here.
    I will be waiting.

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

    @Dadnir.5038 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

    @zinkz.7045 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    WvW - still necro.

    OP this shows why your poll is completely worthless.

    Projecting much?

    What it shows is someone who is subjective and who can lie, who can't work out that a class wasn't meta for years and haven't been seen in any tournament or other kind of high end competitive scene ever.

    Except that the necromancer have been meta in both PvP and WvW for year, just because boon corruption is a thing.

    There were many tournaments and championships of GW2. Please, show how many necromancers have participated and how many necromancers were present in teams of winners.
    Open google -> find those people -> post videos of them here.
    I will be waiting.

    Why bother with video when you can have:

    You can see that with HoT, almost all of them had a necromancer with them. And I'll avoid talking about the most recent necromancer's history with scourge right? It's not like there was an endless stream of thread in the PvP subforum beging to nerf the scourge to the ground because team had all 2 or more scourges.

    As for WvW, the Well'o'mancers were an essential part of the good old GWEN meta (guardian, warrior, elementalist, necromancer). The pirateship meta still made use of the Well'o'mancer and reapers were cursed because "to many bleed... blah blah blah". And the scourge wave... Oups I mean the current meta, still use necromancer as it's backbone.

  • zinkz.7045zinkz.7045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2018

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

    @zinkz.7045 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    WvW - still necro.

    OP this shows why your poll is completely worthless.

    Projecting much?

    What it shows is someone who is subjective and who can lie, who can't work out that a class wasn't meta for years and haven't been seen in any tournament or other kind of high end competitive scene ever.

    Necro has been meta in WvW pretty much the entire game (what was it you thought the N in GWEN stood for?), there is a thing called boon corruption, necro has been by far the best class for that, it also has lots of unreflectable AOE and these days barrier for support, all very useful in WvW.

    As you clearly have never played WvW, then I suggest watching a stream and looking at the squads, normally necros are the most numerous class. As for "competitive", putting aside GvG is even more dead than the rest of the game, here is a video of Amp vs Lays from earlier in the year ( see - youtube.com/watch?v=iDS8mDhUo-Q&t=313 ), you'll note out of a squad of 20 that 6 are scourges, so in a game with 9 classes, about 30% were scourges.

    Maybe you should actually play WvW a bit before commenting on something you obviously have no idea about.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Feanor.2358 said:

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:
    I've gone with Thief mainly on how it's either bad or simply a non-discussion in PvE. I love the thief stylistically and thematically but I've just never been able to get to grips with it. Maybe it's just a bad match for how I play but I don't have this issue with other classes. Even against AI opponents I can struggle with Thief.
    Whether this is a design issue or a git good issue is debatable.

    Lol, thief joins the meme club. Seriously, 39k from basically autoattacking is underpowered?

    I also don't get why rev should be underpowered. In PvP it's really strong, same goes for wvw
    And in raids it's at 36k on big target and 33 on small. It's in the upper half of the dmg table.

    I don't know, but rev won't be kicked on groupjoin while necro will.

    Again.

    For another 3 months.

    We had the discussion before. Sure Epi was too strong.
    But nerfing necro further and not giving compensation for nerfed epi. A real cool Skilldesign that encouraged players to communicate?
    Not a wise decision. I hope this patch was in order to prepare for an overhaul of necro

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Dadnir.5038 said:

    @Regon Phoenix.8215 said:
    PVP - necro.
    PVE - who even play that?
    WvW - still necro.

    Saying that necromancer is underpowered in WvW is like saying that rangers and mesmer are underpowered in PvE. The necromancer is an unshakable part of the WvW meta in WvW, nobody can reasonably deny this fact.

    Depends on what you play. If you roaming with necro.it is underpowered.
    If you playing solo PvP it's also underpowered.

    Because necro always needs a huge amount of support to work properly.
    Anyone saying that necro is op in PvP and that he can't kill a solo necro, they should go back to open world pve. Or overthink your Playstyle.

    There are at least some intelligent people that destroyed scourges even when dhuumfire was bugged on shades, when shades had no 0.5 delay.

    Watch those players. It's really easy to kill necros if you know their weaknesses and necro actually has a lot of them, more than any other class of the game

  • Dadnir.5038Dadnir.5038 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Dadnir.5038 said:

    Saying that necromancer is underpowered in WvW is like saying that rangers and mesmer are underpowered in PvE. The necromancer is an unshakable part of the WvW meta in WvW, nobody can reasonably deny this fact.

    Depends on what you play. If you roaming with necro.it is underpowered.
    If you playing solo PvP it's also underpowered.

    Because necro always needs a huge amount of support to work properly.
    Anyone saying that necro is op in PvP and that he can't kill a solo necro, they should go back to open world pve. Or overthink your Playstyle.

    There are at least some intelligent people that destroyed scourges even when dhuumfire was bugged on shades, when shades had no 0.5 delay.

    Watch those players. It's really easy to kill necros if you know their weaknesses and necro actually has a lot of them, more than any other class of the game

    This is not a matter of being easy to kill or not. This isn't even a matter of wether it's good in 1v1 situation, this is a matter of whether it's underpowered or not. Is it outclassed by everybody and their grandma or not? Ultimately the game is not a single player game and WvW is more about group play than duelling.

    Now, I'm sure that you are well aware that by using properly your necromancer you can kill most of the other profession 1v1 and even come out on top in more disavantageous situations. If not, look again at Hollt's videos or elwaer's, you'll see that in small scale fight the necromancer is neither overpowered nor underpowered.

    In group fight scourges scale exceptionnally well with each others which make them strong pilars of the gamemode, reaper have enough abilities to dive in the enemy zerg and wreck havock, while core can still pull it's weight with the good old well'o'mancer build.

    What I mean is that if the necromancer have it's weakness it also does have it's strengths. And the same goes for most other professions. In all objectivity, the necromancer is far from being underpowered in WvW. Being overly negative over a profession won't make this profession better, instead being keen on it's good and bad point can allow it to be played better.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer

    @Dadnir.5038 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Dadnir.5038 said:

    Saying that necromancer is underpowered in WvW is like saying that rangers and mesmer are underpowered in PvE. The necromancer is an unshakable part of the WvW meta in WvW, nobody can reasonably deny this fact.

    Depends on what you play. If you roaming with necro.it is underpowered.
    If you playing solo PvP it's also underpowered.

    Because necro always needs a huge amount of support to work properly.
    Anyone saying that necro is op in PvP and that he can't kill a solo necro, they should go back to open world pve. Or overthink your Playstyle.

    There are at least some intelligent people that destroyed scourges even when dhuumfire was bugged on shades, when shades had no 0.5 delay.

    Watch those players. It's really easy to kill necros if you know their weaknesses and necro actually has a lot of them, more than any other class of the game

    This is not a matter of being easy to kill or not. This isn't even a matter of wether it's good in 1v1 situation, this is a matter of whether it's underpowered or not. Is it outclassed by everybody and their grandma or not? Ultimately the game is not a single player game and WvW is more about group play than duelling.

    Why is necro then so bad in pve that it's only good at playing alone?

    Now, I'm sure that you are well aware that by using properly your necromancer you can kill most of the other profession 1v1 and even come out on top in more disavantageous situations. If not, look again at Hollt's videos or elwaer's, you'll see that in small scale fight the necromancer is neither overpowered nor underpowered.

    Yeah yeah. Show me your power reaper. But in order to win against the other professions you have to be much better player than the enemy. If you are not, you will loose
    Instead play guard and you can even win against good players

    In group fight scourges scale exceptionnally well with each others which make them strong pilars of the gamemode, reaper have enough abilities to dive in the enemy zerg and wreck havock, while core can still pull it's weight with the good old well'o'mancer build.

    Sure walk into the enemy zerg with your reaper. If they aren't brain-dead people, you will die faster than you can say reaper

    What I mean is that if the necromancer have it's weakness it also does have it's strengths. And the same goes for most other professions. In all objectivity, the necromancer is far from being underpowered in WvW. Being overly negative over a profession won't make this profession better, instead being keen on it's good and bad point can allow it to be played better.

    Compared to other classes, necro has more weaknesses than strengths

  • aimz.6287aimz.6287 Member ✭✭✭
    Revenant

    Engi and rev and necro need the buffs more than any other class rest of the classes are balanced but Mesmer anyone who voted Mesmer hasn’t played since launch lol... maybe even beta

  • Crinn.7864Crinn.7864 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2018

    @Dadnir.5038 said:
    You can see that with HoT, almost all of them had a necromancer with them.

    Yeah you obviously don't understand anything about why necro was used in HoT tournaments.

    You see in 2016 the only way to kill literally anything in a teamfight was with mass boonrip, at the time necro was the only class that had boonrip, so it was taken by default. However it's important to understand that outside of it's boonrip monopoly, necro was considered garbage even by the very tournament teams that ran it. This is most evidenced by the mid 2016 meta of "don't even bother keeping the necro alive, and instead have a scrapper follow them everywhere and rez them every time they die."

    ArenaNet's method for balancing necro in PvP has been "just add boonrip until viable."

    Sanity is for the weak minded
    YouTube

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.