Help me learn to Stealth (WvW)

Turkeyspit.3965

I run with Durability runes so Trapper runes are out. I do run with LB and Smokescale though, so please, what do I need to do to learn to use stealth in WvW, because right now I suck pretty hard at it, as in, if someone watched me play, they might be surprised to discover that Rangers can go into stealth.

So what to do, how to set it up, and when to do it....

Sincerest thanks,

Someonewhoenviesmesmers

Just to add to above poster gs 3, dagger 3 and flip over skill of sword 2 all through smokefield.

For druid just cele form and either blast a smoke feild with cele form 3 or hop out to proceed cele shadow

Also you can staff 3 into a smoke feild

For Soulbeast I like to merge or use warhorn 5 (in beast mode) for the unblockable so hunters shot aka lb 3 hits more reliablly and doesn't get reflected thus stealthing the enemy

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I run with Durability runes so Trapper runes are out. I do run with LB and Smokescale though, so please, what do I need to do to learn to use stealth in WvW, because right now I suck pretty hard at it, as in, if someone watched me play, they might be surprised to discover that Rangers can go into stealth.

Sincerest thanks,

Someonewhoenviesmesmers

Hide miniatures... Coz that's a bummer... Dye your outfit based on terrain.... Use asura character tiny as possible... Lol.... run with a thief, he'll certainly popup some stealth tech often... Either this or we beg anet to open up possibilities for ranger stealth...

I feel jealous when looking at gw2 wiki page on stealth.... Filled up with thief icons... As if stealth is a unique trait for thieves alone.... I wonder what's a unique thing for ranger??? Plz don't say soulbeast...lol

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:I feel jealous when looking at gw2 wiki page on stealth.... Filled up with thief icons... As if stealth is a unique trait for thieves alone.... I wonder what's a unique thing for ranger??? Plz don't say soulbeast...lolthat miniature that keeps attacking the opponents is pretty unique to ranger. stealth was mainly a thief mechanic with just very limited stealth for other classes, the stealth access for other classes has since been increased so you as a ranger can stealth alot aswell!

smoke screen+dagger 3+wh 5+dagger 3+switch to bird (clarion bond)+merge+swoop (triggers twice if against a wall or something)if you use eagle you can wi for another leap

this is the longest chain possible after hitting with lb 3that's 24 seconds if you can time it well

i would recommend sword+wh over dagger+wh ofcourse and not take marksmanship

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:I feel jealous when looking at gw2 wiki page on stealth.... Filled up with thief icons... As if stealth is a unique trait for thieves alone.... I wonder what's a unique thing for ranger??? Plz don't say soulbeast...lolthat miniature that keeps attacking the opponents is pretty unique to ranger. stealth was mainly a thief mechanic with just very limited stealth for other classes, the stealth access for other classes has since been increased so you as a ranger can stealth alot aswell!

I was mentioning the actual miniature for fun... Coz it won't be stealthed even if player is stealthed... And it follows the player wherever he goes and that's a huge tell... Idk what you're referring to... Will a miniature attack???Ohhhh wait!!!! You're talking about them!!!! They're our friends and companions... Not miniatures :'(

@Koen.1327 said:smoke screen+dagger 3+wh 5+dagger 3+switch to bird (clarion bond)+merge+swoop (triggers twice if against a wall or something)if you use eagle you can wi for another leap

this is the longest chain possible after hitting with lb 3that's 24 seconds if you can time it well

i would recommend sword+wh over dagger+wh ofcourse and not take marksmanship

Then pet and weapon skills will be in CD... He'll wait another 24 secs before making an attack and the stealth wears off... Jk

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I was mentioning the actual miniature for fun... Coz it won't be stealthed even if player is stealthed... And it follows the player wherever he goes and that's a huge tell... Idk what you're referring to... Will a miniature attack???

yes the rangers i fight all got those huge minatures that do a attack and often deal more damage then the ranger themselves, no other class has them.

@MUDse.7623 said:

I was mentioning the actual miniature for fun... Coz it won't be stealthed even if player is stealthed... And it follows the player wherever he goes and that's a huge tell... Idk what you're referring to... Will a miniature attack???

yes the rangers i fight all got those huge minatures that do a attack and often deal more damage then the ranger themselves, no other class has them.

Even they can't find you guys if u're perma stealthed... :/So we got no counter unless we sicem before.... Oh wait!!!! :o That's useless... You'll shrugg off revealed twice right??? :'( :s

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

Even they can't find you guys if u're perma stealthed... :/So we got no counter unless we sicem before.... Oh wait!!!! :o That's useless... You'll shrugg off revealed twice right??? :'( :s

Might as well remove the revealed from sicem and give us stealth or ability to jump across the map in a second if needed... Jk

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I run with Durability runes so Trapper runes are out. I do run with LB and Smokescale though, so please, what do I need to do to learn to use stealth in WvW, because right now I suck pretty hard at it, as in, if someone watched me play, they might be surprised to discover that Rangers can go into stealth.

Sincerest thanks,

Someonewhoenviesmesmers

Go deadeye. the gameplay with rifle feels very similar to ranger LB and you have the added bonus of easy access to tons of stealth and teleports.A marauder deadeye is as tanky as a ranger without the hassle of the pet and better burst.

After the latest buffs the damage they do even without malice is silly.

Archived