[suggestion] Change the provision master to not HoT — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[suggestion] Change the provision master to not HoT

crazyhusky.2985crazyhusky.2985 Member ✭✭✭
edited July 26, 2018 in WvW

I mostly stick to PvE, not a fan of WvW
But now and again I'm forced to WvW to get gift of battle for legendary weapons (kinda pointless to put something required for PvE into a different mode, if people are gonna do something they're gonna do it, shouldn't have to force people into a mode they don't like)
Anyways, so I have some left WvW currencies, I find stupid that the HoT recipies, runes and silgils are locked and require you to be level 55 in wvw while the PoF aren't unlocked and don't have any requirements.

I feels like this needs to be change and updated so that HoT runes and sigils are automically there, like the PoF runes and sigils.
There is no reason to keep the HoT content locked like that, now.
I know you can get them thru PvE, but I have the currency on WvW and don't intend to WvW much or at all if I can help it. So I'd rather just use the wvw currencies I've obtainted thru getting the gifts of battle, to help me elsewhere in the game that matter to me.

Comments

• LaGranse.8652LaGranse.8652 Member ✭✭✭

I think it should be the other way around, lock the PoF tab behind the same mastery as the HoT ones in the provision mastery. You want to take advantage of a WvW specific shop you should be required to do some WvW.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

PoF players should be able to get access to a portable provisioner, heck, everyone should.

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭

I don't really disagree, but I'm not certain you could technically afford anything if you're not rank 55 anyway. I think prices start at 75 proofs and each rank is worth 6-7. So a full set of runes would require the ranks anyway.

• Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

We should lock everything to at least 100 rank. You want the vendor? You earn it.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to figure out why Legendaries are required for PvE...

Currently playing my Asura because my Norn on the Warclaw looks like it's sitting on a Chihauhau!!!
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• Shagaliscious.6281Shagaliscious.6281 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2018

Honestly if you intend on making other toons, save the WVW currencies for buying hero points for them, unless you like doing that content. Also badges of honor can be converted to gold by making badges of tribute in your guild hall.

I'd also like to point out that legendaries force you into map completion, by far the most boring thing to do in the game.

• Kaiser.9873Kaiser.9873 Member ✭✭✭

How many of these threads must we endure? These are worse than match-up threads. At least those apply to WvW.

Standard response
    You WvW for legendaries for the same reason we PvE for legendaries. Take the WvW requirement out for you is fine as long as the PvE requirement is removed for us.

• Tinnel.4369Tinnel.4369 Member ✭✭✭

Everyone that wants a legendary and has a preferential game mode is forced into another mode. If you think it's a rough haul for gift of battle try staring down map completion as a strict WvW PvP player.

• I have to do a lot of PvE for materials for my wvw legendary armor, so I'm sure you'll survive. Oh, and legendary weps? All of those are PvE based since they're collection based.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.