[SUGGESTION] Hide Unlocked option for Trading Post

@Zappax.4685 said:Nuff said. As half the people of the gamer population are achievers, it would be quite a quality of life improvement to include this option. Judging from the already existing systems in the game, it wouldn't be that hard to implement either.

I think you mean an option to hide equipment whose skin you have already unlocked when searching for stuff on the TP, but the request isn't entirely clear. And yes, I'd like that.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Oh! Is that what the suggestion is? I could not figure out what was requested.Thanks.

I think anyone that has played WoW would have known immediately what the OP was asking for, since that option has been in that game for approx 15 years now. It has also been asked for many times before on this forum, I would like to see it made a thing here but Qol changes seem to be very low priority in GW2 patches.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Oh! Is that what the suggestion is? I could not figure out what was requested.Thanks.

I think anyone that has played WoW would have known immediately what the OP was asking for, since that option has been in that game for approx 15 years now. It has also been asked for many times before on this forum, I would like to see it made a thing here but Qol changes seem to be very low priority in GW2 patches.

It's never a good idea to assume everyone else will have played the same games you have and knows how they did things. I know it might be hard to imagine MMO players who have never played WoW but there's more than a few of us out there. I knew what the OP meant, but only because I'd seen other topics asking for the same thing where they explained it.

But anyway, this is something I'd find useful. I'm often looking to buy any item in a category I don't already have unlocked - for example mini pets or dyes - and the option to show only those I don't have unlocked would come in very useful.

This isn't something they could easily do. The trading post is a website that doesn't have direct access to your information. They give it information by passing it through the client itself, so to do this, they need to pass a large list of skin IDs, which would be too much to simply pass along in a search. It's certainly possible to do, and much easier if it's just an option to search for skins you don't have, but it'd be a mess either way. This will likely never be implemented, especially considering you can already search for skins you don't have by making use of the API.

I don't know if you guys are serious or just trolling when it comes to understand my sentences. What else could "Hide Unlocked option for Trading Post" even mean???

@Healix.5819 said:This isn't something they could easily do. The trading post is a website that doesn't have direct access to your information. They give it information by passing it through the client itself, so to do this, they need to pass a large list of skin IDs, which would be too much to simply pass along in a search. It's certainly possible to do, and much easier if it's just an option to search for skins you don't have, but it'd be a mess either way. This will likely never be implemented, especially considering you can already search for skins you don't have by making use of the API.

When you search on TP and you hover on an item it already shows you if its unlocked or not. A simple word filter would do the trick.

@"Zappax.4685" said:When you search on TP and you hover on an item it already shows you if its unlocked or not. A simple word filter would do the trick.

It would be rather more than a simple word filter. The client is responsible for displaying the locked/unlocked status of the item. It (almost certainly) doesn't receive that information from the TP. No, it's almost certain that it looks up in your account information, which it already has, and displays information relevant to your account about the item.

Yes, it would be possible to do a back-end lookup using this information:

• The client-to-TP connection must already be "authenticated" to prevent a hacker posting sales on behalf of someone else.(1)
  • The TP could request (behind the scenes) items whose skins are not locked for your account and just send them.
  • It's not necessary that the client send up the list of skins you've unlocked (so the TP could reject them). This is good, because that list can be long.

BUT, if the infrastructure to do this doesn't necessarily exist in the TP as it stands, and because it's a repeatedly-requested and useful thing, I'm guessing that the infrastructure really doesn't exist.

(1) I'm not entirely sure why a hacker would want to do this, but we shouldn't underestimate their inventiveness.

@"Zappax.4685" said:I don't know if you guys are serious or just trolling when it comes to understand my sentences. What else could "Hide Unlocked option for Trading Post" even mean???

It could mean that there's an option called "Unlocked", and you want to hide it. Indeed, the "surface" analysis of the words suggests strongly that that's what you were asking. That's clearly nonsense, since there isn't any such option so there's no way to hide it, but it then leaves us having to work out what you want. I got it because a similar sort of request pops up regularly for SWTOR's equivalent of the TP.

@Zappax.4685 said:When you search on TP and you hover on an item it already shows you if its unlocked or not. A simple word filter would do the trick.

That tooltip information isn't from the TP, so it'd have to pass the search results to the client, request that information, then pass it back to filter the search. It'd be the same as passing the skin IDs, just more wasteful. Keep in mind that client side filtering means you would potentially see 0 results while having too many results, so you'd need to search each rarity of each category to actually see everything. They could of course search through the entire TP, but that'd be so wasteful, and chances are methods like this will never happen, because if they were going to do it, they'd want to do it properly.

The most likely way to see something like this implemented is the ability to right click a skin in the wardrobe storage (bank) and search for it on the TP, because then it would be easy.

Archived