Mirage faster than thieves now? Fastest class?

Cerby.1069

Srsly I can't see anymore. This mesmer does crazy parkour and just jumps 3-4 times in a row. I'm running after it from speldan with gs5/3 and swiftness on my warrior, and within 3-4 seconds its up and over the hill by anz. I feel like a complete idiot for even trying. They didn't even have to abuse their stealth...they just ran in a straight line lol. I mean how ridiculous this will be in a combat situation where they are attacking, jumping 1500 yards away, then porting 1500 yards back, and using stealth in between so the attacks can come from any kitten direction imaginable.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAnMH9phlpBWLDMMjEWHwPciAidk what they use.....But Jaunt + Mimic + blink + superspeed they get + Mirage advance and shadow stepping to pve things (theres pve things all over to shadow step to, dont tell me it shouldn't be judged like a normal movment skill).

I mean normally the fast classes in games have their other skills nerfed to make up for being op in one area such as speed aka "running circles around the enemy". Gw2 doesn't much seem to care for this stereotype though....

I can appreciate the idea of adding more movement options to classes. But its kinda overdoing it....you made engineer rocket boots rly amazing, and so now you feel the need to make everything new at least as good or better than them. Its like ur always trying to 1up the last very powerful thing you have someone. Its creating a crazy snowball effect because taking these skills doesn't hurt you enough in other areas, ur still able to do everything else ingame just as welll in many cases.

With all this running around and running away.....can we nerf downed state and increase death penalty mbe? Is that your ultimate goal by adding in all these new crazy movement skills? Cause that's an endgame I can get behind, as it is now though its insanity.

Running away is our new condi counter? haha...mbe give it to the classes that aren't condiboonstrippers then? Cause it kinda does the opposite when they can do this stuff...

Anywho its pretty funny ingame. SO many things happening you just have 0 control over now. You just /shrug and do what you can do.

Also, in terms of running away, Jaunt is really quite pitiful. 20 sec recharge on each charge, 1/2 sec CD between charges. It takes us 1.5 seconds to travel 1,350 units with jaunt, which isn't awful, but then you need to wait 60 seconds to do that again. I bet they were using mirage thrust, which means they were burning through endurance and mirrors to get access to it.

Also the port range on mirage advance is only 900, not 1,500 range.

I wasn't upset, was just commenting on something I found rather curious. Wanted to know if there was anything faster out there. So you misunderstood. I don't know what YOU are going on about....but congratz on that.

This here....this upsets me tho:

@OriOri.8724 said:Also, in terms of running away, Jaunt is really quite pitiful. 20 sec recharge on each charge, 1/2 sec CD between charges. It takes us 1.5 seconds to travel 1,350 units with jaunt, which isn't awful, but then you need to wait 60 seconds to do that again. I bet they were using mirage thrust, which means they were burning through endurance and mirrors to get access to it.

Also the port range on mirage advance is only 900, not 1,500 range.

Is there a way for me to /facepalm in chat here?Are you trying to convince me? or yourself on this argument? Sounds like the latter, cause I can just repost what you said as my counterargument. So thanks for making that so easy.....Mesmer forums are that way ->

You're still complaining about a build that dedicates all of its utilities and its elite, and its dodges, just to running away, and you still think that it has too much mobility because you can't keep up with it on a build that isn't dedicated to mobility?

And if you really think that 1,350 range combined port every 60 seconds is some ridiculous amount of mobility then I don't know what else to tell you.

Might I recommend you watch that SB video where he just ran away from a zerg by just full countering and blocking all of their attacks, and even managed to down some of them at the end? Its not like warriors don't have the ability to run away from things either, they just run slower and incorporate blocks into it.

@OriOri.8724 said:You're still complaining about a build that dedicates all of its utilities and its elite, and its dodges, just to running away, and you still think that it has too much mobility because you can't keep up with it on a build that isn't dedicated to mobility?

And if you really think that 1,350 range combined port every 60 seconds is some ridiculous amount of mobility then I don't know what else to tell you.

Heh I'm curious if all the Mesmer mains were saying the same thing about dash thief being fine since it's all about mobility...

On topic, I think it's fine. Jaunt is almost no mobility and is more like a melee and AoE juker. Sword ambush requires wasting a dodge. This spec doesn't even have a movement speed bonus.

If anything I think the stun on demand on sword ambush with domination traits is way more annoying than mirage mobility. But then again I guess things are different to warriors! You chose a class with stability and damage, you don't get mobility too (which isn't even true since warrior is still one of the fastest classes).

@Cerby.1069 said:Srsly I can't see anymore. This mesmer does crazy parkour and just jumps 3-4 times in a row. I'm running after it from speldan with gs5/3 and swiftness on my warrior, and within 3-4 seconds its up and over the hill by anz.

I mean normally the fast classes in games have their other skills nerfed to make up for being op in one area such as speed aka "running circles around the enemy". Gw2 doesn't much seem to care for this stereotype though....

With all this running around and running away.....can we nerf downed state and increase death penalty mbe? Is that your ultimate goal by adding in all these new crazy movement skills? Cause that's an endgame I can get behind, as it is now though its insanity.

This is soooo rich coming from a warrior with all their high mobility/high invuln...one of the better roaming classes. Hmmm let's see Shield 5, (need more invuln Endure Pain), Sword 2, GS 5/3, Bull Charge...and you didnt have to waste an elite on a ehhh teleport.

I see warriors all the time run like the wind and gone in seconds(out running zergs), any time outnumbered or losing. Odd that you are calling for your own classes nerf, but cool, it's good when people recognize the hypocrisy and point out changes even if they will be affected.

Just going to leave this here

@OriOri.8724 said:Might I recommend you watch that SB video where he just ran away from a zerg by just full countering and blocking all of their attacks, and even managed to down some of them at the end? Its not like warriors don't have the ability to run away from things either, they just run slower and incorporate blocks into it.I would like to see said SB video. No troll, I really would like to see this.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Zoltreez.6435 said:Meanwhile as a Necromancer player... im just sitting here reading this while trying to find the definition of Mobility on Wikipedia..................

I find the new punishment skill that grants swiftness and stability works well...compared to reaper/necro ofc

its realy nice but we lost the Reaper leap for it so is it realy More mobility ?

also even with everything we have others have waaay more mobility....

@Nuzt.7894 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:Might I recommend you watch that SB video where he just ran away from a zerg by just full countering and blocking all of their attacks, and even managed to down some of them at the end? Its not like warriors don't have the ability to run away from things either, they just run slower and incorporate blocks into it.I would like to see said SB video. No troll, I really would like to see this.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/4813/just-spellbreaker-things#latest

My mistake, it was only 8-10 players, not an entire zerg. But here you go @Nuzt.7894

ohhh gawddd all the mesmer players are here now. Thread hit 1k views.....LOW EFFORT THREADS FTW!

@Gahzirra.8639 said:

@Cerby.1069 said:Srsly I can't see anymore. This mesmer does crazy parkour and just jumps 3-4 times in a row. I'm running after it from speldan with gs5/3 and swiftness on my warrior, and within 3-4 seconds its up and over the hill by anz.

With all this running around and running away..
...can we nerf downed state and increase death penalty mbe? Is that your ultimate goal by adding in all these new crazy movement skills? Cause that's an endgame I can get behind, as it is now though its insanity.

This is soooo rich coming from a warrior with all their high mobility/high invuln...one of the better roaming classes. Hmmm let's see Shield 5, (need more invuln Endure Pain), Sword 2, GS 5/3, Bull Charge...and you didnt have to waste an elite on a ehhh teleport.

I see warriors all the time run like the wind and gone in seconds(out running zergs), any time outnumbered or losing. Odd that you are calling for your own classes nerf, but cool, it's good when people recognize the hypocrisy and point out changes even if they will be affected.

So in other words I'm always going to be berated for being apart of the warrior community by non-warriors. Praised for being apart of the community by other warriors....Praised for being an advocate for warrior nerfs by non-warriors....yet loathed by the warrior community for being an advocate for warrior nerfs.

So tl:dr the warrior community hates me.....you hate me...EVERYONE HATES ME!

I just can't win.

Ok lets get back to the topic instead of this rageposting:Whats faster than a mesmer? Like if u gotta race between say the sentry by pang and 600 units from the entrance of overlook (like by the moas)....who would get there first? That's a medium range distance right? So classes with 2-4 burst jumps should win it. U can use 1-2 shadow steps in this race on the moa's at the end. Thief has a great sustained burst jump....but other classes have 'greater distance' burst jumps. SO WHO WIN!?!??!!?

-guard has 2 teleports but its trumped by mesmer/thief-engineer is a possible....although their main is just rocket boots-rev is gonna get trumped by thief/mesmer-warrior/ranger/nonimportantclasses are gonna get trumped by thief/mesmer

So I see the race being open between: thief, mesmer, and mbe engineer? Sound about right?

Waiting for that one guy to come here and tell me "NO THE WARRIOR IS IN THE RACE TOOO ITS STUPID FASTT LIKE NASCARR VROOM VROOOOOM. YOU EVEN WARRIOR YOU SCRUB???? THIS WARRIOR CAN'T WARRIOR AHAHH"sips the proverbial tea cup

@TyPin.9860 said:I don't get the point of this thread? Maybe Mirage is the fastest now... maybe not. What has downstate to do with it? Mirage is too fast, so let us punish other classes that can't get away from a losing fight? O.o

Fact: Mirage/Mesmer IS fast, and other classes who can't get away from a losing fight ARE punished.

I don't know if you wrote that wrong....or if you are just stating facts and putting a "O.o" at the end assuming its news to anyone....I don't get the point of your comment.

The sky is blue. Apples are red sometimes......so what?

@Cerby.1069 said:

@TyPin.9860 said:I don't get the point of this thread? Maybe Mirage is the fastest now... maybe not. What has downstate to do with it? Mirage is too fast, so let us punish other classes that can't get away from a losing fight? O.o

Fact: Mirage/Mesmer IS fast, and other classes who can't get away from a losing fight ARE punished.

I don't know if you wrote that wrong....or if you are just stating facts and putting a "O.o" at the end assuming its news to anyone....I don't get the point of your comment.

I am referring to this:

@Cerby.1069 said:With all this running around and running away.....can we nerf downed state and increase death penalty mbe? Is that your ultimate goal by adding in all these new crazy movement skills? Cause that's an endgame I can get behind, as it is now though its insanity.

You want downed state to be nerfed and death penalties increased. But this wouldn't hit the mobile classes. It would punish those even more, who can't get away from a losing fight. Simply put your argument is incoherent. The conclusion doesn't fit the argumentation.

@TyPin.9860 said:

@Cerby.1069 said:

I am referring to this:

@Cerby.1069 said:With all this running around and running away.....can we nerf downed state and increase death penalty mbe? Is that your ultimate goal by adding in all these new crazy movement skills? Cause that's an endgame I can get behind, as it is now though its insanity.

You want downed state to be nerfed and death penalties increased. But this wouldn't hit the mobile classes. It would punish those even more, who can't get away from a losing fight. Simply put your argument is incoherent. The conclusion doesn't fit the argumentation.

@TyPin.9860 said:

@Cerby.1069 said:

I am referring to this:

You can't just toss around big words out and pretend like they make sense.

Wouldn't hit the mobile classes? Ya it would. All classes die. And the most popular argument in this thread seems to be that mobile classes lose alot of dmg/tank/sustain at the expense of their mobility. So you'll have to agree with me on the idea that you don't lose much if anything by taking these mobility investments. Meaning you have to come up with a better argument than I have as to why those other people are wrong.

So apparently by your own logic we agree on something.

Since being mobile is so important to avoiding death, is it equatable with other things like tank? So would tank classes also be immune to new death penalties by your logic? So wouldn't you just be saying that anything that can't tank or run fast is going to be punished the most by death penalties?

Seems to me in that case there is a much larger problem with the combat you are not touching upon. You are saying that there can be no change because it would benefit some builds over others. Yet you are failing to delve into the fact that there already is a huge problem with balance in this game, and that changing nothing does not alleviate an existing problem in any way.By your logic the removal of death penalties seems the best route towards supposed balance, no? Oh wait, you failed to mention how the mode becomes even MORE of a numbers game in that case.It's great that you can poke holes in my arguments. I kinda made them assuming we all play and understand how the game works though, so I don't bother including commonly known things. It's my mistake though for forgetting some people play the forum game more than the actual one. My apologies.

Ideally if something dies less due to mobility, it must kill less due to said mobility then, no? Shouldn't any good game provide a balance between the benefits of killing and the drawbacks of dying? Isn't that maybe what my argument is touching upon when I say nerf downstate and increase death penalties? That maybe the balance should be changed since the ratio's are off? If more people are alive on the maps due to having a harder time dying, it becomes a case of swarming lesser numbers all the time. Who's great at this? Mobile classes of course. Mobile classes have little penalty for their mobility so its ideal to always move around the map and swarm the lesser foes. Even having a larger penalty for mobility is irrelevant, due to most fights lasting such a long time and creating more chances to intercept said fights. So in that respect someone like you who doesn't play the game as much might say that "nerfing death penalties and making it easier to die only makes mobile classes stronger!" Yet you only add to the existing problems of the game, since you can't look past the surface. I am repeating my own argument above.

Hopefully that's a little less incoherent for you, as a new player. Welcome to the wvsw forums.

Archived