Allround class for WvW

NoNameNoob.9758

Daredevil can be very good in zergs with staff. Unless your enemy is pro (which is highly unlikely nowadays) or your server plays pirateship 24/7 (majority of NA apparently), you'll manage to dish out huge amounts of damage with vaults.

Warrior and rev are strong in any part of wvw and they use basically same gear for that. Mesmer and engi use dps gear in small scale and support in large scale fights.

@LaGranse.8652 said:Are you willing to acquire more than 1 set of gear?

no :D

@"steki.1478" said:Daredevil can be very good in zergs with staff. Unless your enemy is pro (which is highly unlikely nowadays) or your server plays pirateship 24/7 (majority of NA apparently), you'll manage to dish out huge amounts of damage with vaults.

Warrior and rev are strong in any part of wvw and they use basically same gear for that. Mesmer and engi use dps gear in small scale and support in large scale fights.

could you explain "Piratehship" ? :) Special tactics?

@NoNameNoob.9758 said:

@LaGranse.8652 said:Are you willing to acquire more than 1 set of gear?

no :D

@"steki.1478" said:Daredevil can be very good in zergs with staff. Unless your enemy is pro (which is highly unlikely nowadays) or your server plays pirateship 24/7 (majority of NA apparently), you'll manage to dish out huge amounts of damage with vaults.

could you explain "Piratehship" ? :) Special tactics?

pirate ship is just range battles

thief is beast in both ways of playing the problem is in general commanders are kinda retarded and think thief sucks.if thief has proper pt ur perfectly fine every move u make in WvW in blob fight is a blast finisher so if guards drop fields u heal constantly and u deal massive amount of dmg.

tho since most cmd are kinda into full bullcrap mode that only want fb/scourge/warriors

from that list i would take scourge and play reaper for roaming (yes its harder then other classes but who cares)warrior is prolly a better class to pick tho it suits everywhere and is good at anything.

@NoNameNoob.9758 said:thansk for your help guys

gonna try thief in wvw first, playing him in pvp a long time so there is quite some experience.if it does not work for me i go for war.

which armor would you suggest? things in wvw hit way harder then in spvp so i think full maurauder? or just some parts?

my gut tells me to start safe by going tanky, then adjusting to damage.

more tanky you will learn to dodge, survive and sustain.

after you can survive, dodge, sustain, adjust to add damage. =)

example start with ptv, then change ptv to mara. from mara to zerker hybrid.

as you play, trial and error will help you out.

also it pays to research yourself by checking out youtube or metabattle.com

those basics should show you an idea of what works

@Sovereign.1093 said:

gonna try thief in wvw first, playing him in pvp a long time so there is quite some experience.if it does not work for me i go for war.

which armor would you suggest? things in wvw hit way harder then in spvp so i think full maurauder? or just some parts?

my gut tells me to start safe by going tanky, then adjusting to damage.

more tanky you will learn to dodge, survive and sustain.

after you can survive, dodge, sustain, adjust to add damage. =)

example start with ptv, then change ptv to mara. from mara to zerker hybrid.

as you play, trial and error will help you out.

also it pays to research yourself by checking out youtube or metabattle.com

those basics should show you an idea of what works

playing mainly pvp so no probs with this but ty> @Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Marauder + Valk imo

ty

What? Then go engie/holo/scrapper with cele armor (since you don't want multiple sets). Scrapper to pretend heal in zergs and holo for both. Stamina sigil for blobs, and energy sigil of roaming. Sigil of absorption if you prefer holosmith more. There...thief for actual blobs can be too laggy and you die on inc anyway. Unless your talking about low-tier 'zergs' of 15 people.

D:

@archmagus.7249 said:I'd say engineer; scrapper for tanky support (might see power scrapper return with recent balance patch) and holosmith for solo roaming. High skill cap, though. Especially if your build has lots of Kits.

Aye - problem with engi is typically you need multiple builds and armor sets to go between them, and there is a high skill cap compared to others. If someone is new to WvW, I'd suggest Spellbreaker/Warrior as said above. It's a class you'll be able to always use, since Warriors in general are safe in balance patches, and it will be super useful in zergs and roaming. That would make learning WvW easier, since you don't have to learn an involved profession AND WvW at once.

Absolutely Warrior is what you're looking for. It's by far the most versatile class for WvW (especially now with Spellbreaker). Excellent for solo roaming, group roaming, zerging, GvGing and everything in between. It also has the highest 1vX potential with Spellbreaker due to the cleave, sustain options and how Full Counter works. You don't really need to fudge about with gear too much either to be viable for all scenarios. Have fun!

Archived