[SPOILER] Last few seconds of episode

moonboi.1764

@"Astralporing.1957" said:My reaction was more in the line of "oh, now we're in trouble". Never liked her, and LS s2/HoT didn't improve things - it only underscored my feeling that the only thing she's good for is messing things up. And angst.

I can understand that. I’ve always loved her and felt that she was trying her best but just couldn’t quiet get it right sometimes. I also thought, as the commander, we treated her too harshly, far more than I would have liked.Just my opinion and to each their own.

@"Astralporing.1957" said:My reaction was more in the line of "oh, now we're in trouble". Never liked her, and LS s2/HoT didn't improve things - it only underscored my feeling that the only thing she's good for is messing things up. And angst.

I wasn't happy to see Caithe because I originally loved the character. Then, it turned out that she's a selfish and vain sociopath: she kept a secret that nearly destroyed the non-Dragon life in Tyria, she killed her friend and justified it because her secret was too important. She ambushed the Commander (in the middle of a gorm-darned battle) claiming she wanted to apologize, and instead said, "yeah, I'd do it again, because the voices in my head told me to." Even Braham evolves and changes (although not always usually in ways that I've enjoyed), while Caithe just doubles down on her original choices & personality.

Then... I watched Kari Wahlgren's

and she's so thrilled to be playing Caithe and her enthusiasm is infectious. And (naturally), Wahlgren doesn't see Caithe as remorseless or self-serving, so I'm ready to give her a chance. A tiny one.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Astralporing.1957" said:My reaction was more in the line of "oh,
now
we're in trouble". Never liked her, and LS s2/HoT didn't improve things - it only underscored my feeling that the only thing she's good for is messing things up. And angst.

I wasn't happy to see Caithe because I originally loved the character. Then, it turned out that she's a selfish and vain sociopath: she kept a secret that nearly destroyed the non-Dragon life in Tyria, she killed her friend and justified it because her secret was too important. She ambushed the Commander (in the middle of a gorm-darned battle) claiming she wanted to apologize, and instead said, "yeah, I'd do it again, because the voices in my head told me to." Even Braham evolves and changes (although not
always
usually in ways that I've enjoyed), while Caithe just doubles down on her original choices & personality.

Then... I watched Kari Wahlgren's
and she's so thrilled to be playing Caithe and her enthusiasm is infectious. And (naturally), Wahlgren doesn't see Caithe as remorseless or self-serving, so I'm ready to give her a chance. A tiny one.

You make valid points. Here’s to hoping on the next episode.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Shikron.1243 said:I liked Caithe as a character, from the book, all the way up to the Destiny's Edge confrontation in Lions Arch. It seemed to go downhill from there for me.

Pretty much the same for me too

For me as well...

But, I am more interested in the issue with:

! Taimi! We've always known she was terminally ill, but in remission. To find out she's no longer in remission means there's going to be a big sad tissue box worthy tearjerker episode coming up. Truthfully, I hope that she does die, but not because I hate her. In fact, quite the opposite. I want to see her die of her disease to prove disability does not mean inability. I want her to die because I don't want to see a golem of her running around. Give her the dignity she is due.

@Hesacon.8735 said:I'd have liked it better if it didn't end the episode mid conversation. I'm fine with her popping out since her story is intertwined with Aurene's, but there's no way that the group would have broken up and ended the conversation there.

Cliffhangers have their place, but this one doesn't work.

I do agree that it felt somewhat forced but tried to suspend reality for the sake of the story. My issue is if the same team isn’t going to do the next episode, how disjointed is it going to be because of the cliffhanger.

Archived