[Bug] Jahai Bluffs: Treasure Race broken

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi friends - so this bug actually existed before the recent patch. It's inconsistent, so I guess you were lucky enough to not have run into it before. I've seen it run successfully before and after the patch, and I've also seen it fail.

In the next patch I made changes that should eliminate several possible causes. Hopefully we can get it working always =)

Yep, still broken. My biggest question for the ANEt staff is why do you keep putting items needed for an achievement behind events that glitch and/or have wait times to activate. The Lute for Memorabilia is in there and is the last item I need. In the future please don't put collection items not related to an event within said event.

@Connor Fallon.9408 said:Hi friends - so this bug actually existed before the recent patch. It's inconsistent, so I guess you were lucky enough to not have run into it before. I've seen it run successfully before and after the patch, and I've also seen it fail.

In the next patch I made changes that should eliminate several possible causes. Hopefully we can get it working always =)

If a player hits (and destroys) the wall prior to the race starting, it won't break when the race actually starts. Tested it on an empty map. Are there for some reason two different timers running, one for the event and another for the wall breaking instead of these two things being tied to the same event timer? That's basically the only reason I can imagine where a player destroying the wall before the event starts results in an offset between the wall event and the race event. At any rate, wouldn't making the wall untouchable by players basically resolve the issue? I don't see any reason as for why we as players should be allowed to damage and destroy it between the races.

@Absconditus.6804 said:

@"Connor Fallon.9408" said:Hi friends - so this bug actually existed before the recent patch. It's inconsistent, so I guess you were lucky enough to not have run into it before. I've seen it run successfully before and after the patch, and I've also seen it fail.

If a player hits (and destroys) the wall prior to the race starting, it won't break when the race actually starts. Tested it on an empty map. Are there for some reason two different timers running, one for the event and another for the wall breaking instead of these two things being tied to the same event timer? That's basically the only reason I can imagine where a player destroying the wall before the event starts results in an offset between the wall event and the race event. At any rate, wouldn't making the wall untouchable by players basically resolve the issue? I don't see any reason as for why we as players should be allowed to damage and destroy it between the races.

I've yet to see an instance where players were able to break the wall, before it "cracks and shatters" for the race. Sometimes the wall is just not there (invisible barrier is), and the race starting spawns the wall. Sometimes the wall is there and doesn't break. In nearly 100 race attempts, I've only ever seen 2 times where the wall was up and broke as it should. One of them was a map closing, that when I changed to the new map, the race had like 5 seconds left and the wall/barrier was down. Only 1 time in the roughly 100 attempts at it, was I on the map, the race started and the wall cracked as intended. Everyone sitting at the race spot for map completion (non-story completing alts) has the same anecdotal evidence. 99% of the time, the race is bugged.

It's still broken - it randomly works and it randomly fails. I've seen it work when you break the wall before the race event prep starts, and I've seen it fail when you break the wall before the race event prep starts. There doesn't seem to be a particular pattern or anything to correlate that I can tell. I'm not sure if it is certain map instances or not. You just have to keep trying back.

The race is even more broken after patch, normally there is a low chance the bug won't happen if no one break the wall before race start but now even with the wall still intact before race there are 50 : 50 chance the bug will happen, kinda annoying.

My advice, create a third way to obtain the Poi behind the race, not by doing story and increase the race reward abit by put some mistonium in the chest everytime we finished the race that way ppl will interested in race even more.

Archived