Luke, I am your father!

Daroon.1736

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Daroon.1736 said:I may be well off the mark but there seemed to be a rather (not very) subtle hint as to the parentage of one of the major characters in the last LS storyline.

Quite surprised that no one else spotted it.

Hmm? Could you spill the beans using a spoiler tag, please? Not sure what you mean.

@"zionophir.6845" said:Star Wars - the most sh1ttical movie ever conceived and made ever, for all time.

The original trilogy was great - before Lucas started "improving" it with childish nonsense additions and weird new cuts.

As for the prequels and, even worse, the new sequels: you are right about calling them that. Made me fall out of love with Star Wars in no time (after being in love with it since the 1980s ... GG, Lucas & Disney).

! Taimi = Snaff and Zojja's love child - Pay attention to the 'oh' during the brief conversation they have'

@Daroon.1736 said:

! Taimi = Snaff and Zojja's love child - Pay attention to the 'oh' during the brief conversation they have'

Ohhhh! Interesting! :) I had never thought of that possibility, due to the age difference and other things.

@"zionophir.6845" said:obviously you don't know how to rate a movie within a single short time span or identifying the defining moment.

I grew up with those films, and they meant a lot to me in my childhood and teens. Perhaps you perceive them differently because of the year in which you watched them for the first time (and in the context of the terrible prequels and sequels). Star Wars was "something else" at the time it was released, and it changed a lot of things for the movie industry as a whole. So, nothing is "obvious" here other than your harsh judgment. "Obviously", you have no sense of sensitivity regarding different film eras.

Eh, I'm not seeing it.

! Everything I've seen from the books, to dialog in the personal story, has strongly implied that Snaff was a father figure to Zojja, even if she didn't realize it until it was too late. And quite frankly it would be really fucking weird if the writers changed their relationship to that of lovers. The way I see it, as Snaff was Zojja's master, and Zojja was Taimi's master (at least supposedly, I don't think we've ever seen them interact or even seen Taimi reference Zojja more than one or two times) Snaff may see Taimi as a sort of granddaughter figure.

@Gehenna.3625 said:Well the actual quote in the movie is: No, I'm your father. That aside, in Star Wars this was a big reveal where the main villain ended up being the protagonist's father. Since we're not talking about either the villain or the protagonist, I do not see the comparison as a valid one.

.......That's just nitpicking. Stahp it.

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:Eh, I'm not seeing it.

! Everything I've seen from the books, to dialog in the personal story, has strongly implied that Snaff was a father figure to Zojja, even if she didn't realize it until it was too late. And quite frankly it would be really kitten weird if the writers changed their relationship to that of lovers. The way I see it, as Snaff was Zojja's master, and Zojja was Taimi's master (at least supposedly, I don't think we've ever seen them interact or even seen Taimi reference Zojja more than one or two times) Snaff may see Taimi as a sort of granddaughter figure.

I felt the book Edge of Destiny strongly implied a romantic relationship, but even if that was the case, can anyone come up with any sort of valid reason why the parentage would not be openly acknowledged?

! Asura are, to put it unkindly, huge braggarts. And Zojja hero-worships Snaff's memory. If brilliant Taimi was indeed their child, I can think of no possible reason Zojja would not have been shouting loudly from the rooftops, 'That's MY progeny! That's SNAFF'S heir!'!

@The Greyhawk.9107 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:Well the actual quote in the movie is: No, I'm your father. That aside, in Star Wars this was a big reveal where the main villain ended up being the protagonist's father. Since we're not talking about either the villain or the protagonist, I do not see the comparison as a valid one.

.......That's just nitpicking. Stahp it.

If you're referring to the movie quote then yes I'm nitpicking, but as far as the comparison goes I'm not. And clearly that's the main part of my comment. It's a flawed reference and people seem to think these days that as long as it has one word the same then it's a valid comparison. If pointing that out is considered nitpicking from my side then I disagree completely.

It wasn't a reveal like in Star Wars. It was an aside that most people missed probably and just because there is a revelation about parentage doesn't make it the same or similar as that iconic scene in Star Wars.

Archived