Mesmer patch notes

Levetty.1279

MesmerFixed a bug in which certain skills that break enemy targeting would stop the mesmer's autoattack.Continuum Shift: Fixed an API profession classification on this skill.Signet of Inspiration: Normalized the duration of boons applied by this skill to 3 seconds. Might and swiftness are exceptions to this rule and remain at durations of 20 seconds and 5 seconds respectively.Illusionary Inspiration: This trait now causes mesmers to heal all nearby allies whenever they summon an illusion. Competitive-mode healing effectiveness is 50% of PvE.Confounding Suggestions: This trait no longer converts dazes into stuns. It now increases daze duration by 50% and stun duration by 25%. It is no longer split between game modes.Well of Recall: Reduced the recharge time from 35 seconds to 30 seconds. Reduced the alacrity duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.Temporal Enchanter: This trait has been removed from the game.Blurred Inscriptions: This trait has been moved to the Inspiration specialization at the Grandmaster tier to replace Temporal Enchanter. Its functionality has been updated. It now grants distortion when using signets and gives all signets improved functionality when active:Signet of the Ether: Grants increased healing.Signet of Domination: Strips 5 boons.Signet of Illusions: Summons 1 clone.Signet of Inspiration: Hits 10 targets instead of 5 targets.Signet of Midnight: Cures 5 conditions from the player.Signet of Humility: Applies 10 stacks of vulnerability.Egotism: This is a new Master tier Domination trait that replaces the slot left open by Blurred Inscriptions. It increases outgoing damage by 10% against foes with lower health than the mesmer. This trait is now split between modes and increases damage by 5% in PvP and WvW.Elusive Mind: The exhaustion duration of this trait is now split between game modes and has a 6-second duration in PvP and WvW.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elusive Mind: The exhaustion duration of this trait is now split between game modes and has a 6-second duration in PvP and WvW.LOL :D RIP

I'd like some of what they're smoking/drinking/consuming. Would be so much better just delete the stunbreak and have a plain boring condi cleanse - better than this nonsense.

So, IH it is then. @Arlette.9684 you were right, now I've got no choice! xD

Also nice buffs for signet of midnight in Inspiration GM trait now so easy to overload on condi cleanse there. Gonna be back to the drawing board and redo everything now. Inspiration with a couple of signets is looking decent, better than keeping EM for condi cleanse.

Edit - so signet of midnight with blurred inscriptions is now a stunbreak, blind, distortion, stealth and cures 5 conditions? wow :o And you can take RI and mender's purity and sympathetic visage in Inspiration... lol I definitely have to shoehorn Inspiration in somehow.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:Might as well get rid of stunbreak on EM and just have it cleanse 2 or 3 conditions.

Mesmer has enough stun break on Jaunt, Blink, Mirror Images and Signet of Midnight anyway.

jaunt's not a stunbreak

anyway, we now have a new grandmaster trait that has a worse healing coefficient than every other trait that heals in it's line (including healing prism)how useful

@Levetty.1279 said:RIP support Chrono? Illusionary Inspiration removes the signet cast and the Might, now it just heals.

I liked having Blurred Inscriptions in my Open world build. I guess more damage is nice though.

Not even close to RIP support Chrono, really. While there's no more Lesser Signet of Inspiration, the regular Signet of Inspiration can now be traited to affect 10 players instead of 5. If your raid runs two Chronos, basically nothing has changed--they'll both be applying boons to the whole squad, covering for each others' lost Illusionary Inspiration.

Now, if you only run one Chrono or you're playing a Chrono in fractals, this is a pretty meaningful nerf. So all it really did was ensure that two Chronos stays cemented in the raid meta, which I'm guessing wasn't the goal.

@Pyroatheist.9031 I have a mission for you.I am currently on vacation and unable to test things ingame.Could you be so kind and check if Egoism checks for Total or Percentage health?Please? :P I know that you wanna know as well!

[Also a screen of Illusionary Inspiration (with and without healing power too calculate scaling) would be appreciated :* ]

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:@Pyroatheist.9031 I have a mission for you.I am currently on vacation and unable to test things ingame.Could you be so kind and check if Egoism checks for Total or Percentage health?Please? :P I know that you wanna know as well!

[Also a screen of Illusionary Inspiration (with and without healing power too calculate scaling) would be appreciated :* ]

If egotism checks for total health I'ma quit.

I'll check it though lmfao

Somes remarks, PvP point of view :

• Signet of Inspiration nerf, PvE is more concerned than PvP, but one day can we do something about : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consume_Plasma god mode ?

• EM with 6 seconds exhaustion. When I compare to something comparable : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unhindered_Combatant was god mode DURING 2 YEARS (particulary in WvW.) and is only 4 sec exhaustion. Not to say that thief have way more endurance than mes. BTW more mes would run IH.

• Confounding Suggestions nerf : no more lock burst whiners ?

• Illusionary Inspiration : clonnespamming heal build ? (doubt it will actually work though.)

• Not link to update but am I the only one shocked that in PvP, there are many class with better/easier quickness uptime than chrono ?

Can't say more about other changes without testing.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:@Pyroatheist.9031 I have a mission for you.I am currently on vacation and unable to test things ingame.Could you be so kind and check if Egoism checks for Total or Percentage health?Please? :P I know that you wanna know as well!

If egotism checks for total health I'ma quit.

I'll check it though lmfao

The trait claims percentage.

@"viquing.8254" said:

• EM with 6 seconds exhaustion. When I compare to something comparable : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unhindered_Combatant was god mode DURING 2 YEARS (particulary in WvW.) and is only 4 sec exhaustion. Not to say that thief have way more endurance than mes. BTW more mes would run IH.

shadowsteps into mesmer forum

Hi, Unhindered didn't break stuns, knockdowns, launches, pushes, pulls, or floats. It just removed cripple, chill and immob, which are relatively minor conditions in comparison. We still had to use dedicated stunbreaks to break stun, and we have less base health.

shadowsteps back out

[Also a screen of Illusionary Inspiration (with and without healing power too calculate scaling) would be appreciated :* ]edit : see below to view the right values

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"viquing.8254" said:
  • EM with 6 seconds exhaustion. When I compare to something comparable :
    was god mode
    DURING 2 YEARS
    (particulary in WvW.) and is only 4 sec exhaustion. Not to say that thief have way more endurance than mes. BTW more mes would run IH.

shadowsteps into mesmer forum

Hi, Unhindered didn't break stuns, knockdowns, launches, pushes, pulls, or floats. It just removed cripple, chill and immob, which are relatively minor conditions in comparison. We still had to use dedicated stunbreaks to break stun, and we have less base health.

shadowsteps back out

I change EM to UC when you want.The main key is in the longer evade. (+ perma swiftness.)And depending on specs, inhibiting conditions can be more painfull than cc.

@viquing.8254 said:

307 with heal PvP amulet.152 with zerk amulet.300 aoe, 5 target.

Thank you. But: Which amulett? How much HealPower does it grant (some offer more than others).

@viquing.8254 said:

Assuming you're using a 1050 healing amulet, that gives a PvP coefficient of .148 with a base value of 152. Coefficient should be doubled to ~.3 in PvE.

With 1500 healing power in PvE, that's a ~600 heal per illusion created. It's...not particularly powerful as a burst heal certainly, since nobody will be taking multiple utilities just to heal. However, it seems like it would be pretty strong as a sustained healing trait, since you'd pretty much always be proccing heals regularly during a fight.

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:

@Me Games Ma.8426 said:@"Pyroatheist.9031" I have a mission for you.I am currently on vacation and unable to test things ingame.Could you be so kind and check if Egoism checks for Total or Percentage health?Please? :P I know that you wanna know as well!

Thank you. But: Which amulett? How much HealPower does it grant (some offer more than others).

So :

Archived