Legendary Ring Materials List Request

Swagger.1459

@"Ze Dos Cavalos.6132" said:Deep breath"-make it a surprise so the first ppl to login can buy thousands of the secret material and get rich while everyone else has to buy from tp 100 times more expensive"

We all know anet loves to do that now.

Ring requires x5 stacks of Superior sigils of Nullification.

@Malediktus.9250 said:I would prefer if it stays a suprise until release

I’d much prefer to be more prepared with items that are locked behind raid runs. I don’t do raids often and I’d rather not to be surprised by needing whatever amounts of gaeting crystals or divinations.

I really don’t care about easily obtainable crafting mats that I can buy off the market in minutes, it’s the time gated and capped raid stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@"Shadowmoon.7986" said:What we can guess. It will probably require a mystic tribute. The big question is will it require a gift of desert mastery which requires a stack of time gated materials?Honestly I dont mind a surprise, until it comes to timegates that I could prevent ahead of time.

I, personally, mind certain time gates. As I said before, I don't care about materials I can buy in minutes, I care that months pass and we are left in the dark, and could be given time between releases to work on collecting items.... Like how many Gaeting Crystals will I need? How many Legendary Divinations will I need? Will we have to get https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Bloodstone_Magic and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Dragon_Magic?...

Maybe @Byron Miller.4629 or @Crystal Reid.2481 or @Benjamin Arnold.3457... can give us a heads up so we can work on some raid gated and time consuming mats? Please?

We can only speculate and I doubt Arenanet will give any advance notice, they never have.

Obvious givens will be T6 materials, mystic mystic clovers, and legendary divination (though not in which amounts).

Aurora required the full 77 clovers and as such it is to be expected that the total cost of the ring will be similar and likely at 1.5-2k gold, more when prices spoke strait after the implementation patch.

Given the only similar legendary resource to divinations are insights for armor, one can approximate the amount of divination needed. At 50 LI per armor piece (25 for the first set where the precursors are free) and 15 mystic clovers per piece, the required LD would be any where from 125 to up to 250 needed (if going by pure ratio of MC to LI needed, which is 250 LI for 75 MC needed for armor, or 125 LI for 75 MC needed with the free precursors).

At currently 7 LD per week, that puts a ring requiring 125 LD at 17-18 weeks of full clearing W5+6. Not counting future wings and more LD availability. While this might sound extreme, legendary armor started off far worse with 3 LI with wing 1 (150/3 = 50 weeks). A safe bet is to assume 100+ LD for the ring and hoping it's not 200+.

@Susy.7529 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:We can only speculate and I doubt Arenanet will give any advance notice, they never have.

They did for Legendary Armor.

Did they?

Maybe I recall incorrectly. When was it exactly that legendary armor recepie were announced?

Wasn't it very far in when even wing 3+4 were available? The only thing I can remeber when wing 1 was released that LI would be required, nothing more.

The 150 require was announced early, probably after w2. The full recipee was announced after wing 3. You could even put all the materials into the forge, but nothing came out when you hit accept, nothing was used as well, but you knew the recipe for the gift then.How many time gates did legendary armor have?150 li. 13 weeks6 gift of the craftsman 30 days30 chak eggs, auric ingots, plates, 15 days of hot meta dailiesAnd that really was it. Everything else was cost gated.Currently the ring is taking as long as and entire set of armor to create, we have no clue what we need. Nothing can go into the forge, the items do not have descriptions.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:We can only speculate and I doubt Arenanet will give any advance notice, they never have.

Did they?

Maybe I recall incorrectly. When was it exactly that legendary armor recepie were announced?

Wasn't it very far in when even wing 3+4 were available? The only thing I can remeber when wing 1 was released that LI would be required, nothing more.

You might want to look here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-Armor-InformationNotice specifically the part

However, since creating the legendary armor involves more than just earning the precursor armor pieces, the NPC who helps out with the Envoy Armor II collection provides information as to what is required to make the legendary gifts, so that players working on this journey know what to collect in order to complete their armor.

also here: http://dulfy.net/2016/06/17/gw2-legendary-armor-collection-crafting-guide/

Notice, that all of this is from June 2016, while the armor got released only in May 2017. The recipes were known almost a whole year eariler.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Did they?

You might want to look here:
Notice specifically the part

However, since creating the legendary armor involves more than just earning the precursor armor pieces, the NPC who helps out with the Envoy Armor II collection provides information as to what is required to make the legendary gifts, so that players working on this journey know what to collect in order to complete their armor.

also here:

Notice, that all of this is from June 2016, while the armor got released only in May 2017. The recipes were known almost a whole year eariler.

So my memory was lacking. Either way, this could also mean that the legendary ring is further off than expected, or they are going as with Aurora and legendary weapons in not telling before hand.

True though, Arenanet did give information on legendary armor before hand allowing players to work on time gated materials early.

• 1 month later...

Archived