Sell me Ranger

lordbachus.6091

Once uppon a long time ago... a few weaks after release..My ranger was my first 80But soon after that i shelved himNot enough build diversity, and other classes where just more interesting at that time..The class at release was to straightforward, where i prefer more advanced classes..

So give me a reason, or two, to start playing my ranger again?

It has the biggest build diversity after mesmer IMO.As soulbeast you can play as dmg dealer in condi and power. Can be very boonheavy and you can stack the highest amount if ferocity in the game. It has fantastic mobility and versatility.Druid has huge buff and heal potential. Decent CC and is most used healer in hardcore PvE.Core ranger has decent dmg and survivability. Its very easy to pick up and not that hard to master, but if you do it feels very satisfying.You can go full melee or full ranged, full big hits or death by a thousand cuts. Its up to you. It also is very prominent in all game modes and is only kick material in zergs and that depends on the commander.

You get out what you put in. Not every class is for everyone. If you want to play a Ranger, you'll find a reason all on your own.I like the longbow and double axes. I play for my own aesthetics and what looks good for me. I don't look at my characters and say "I could eek out a few more points of damage if I used this other weapon"Having two alternating pets to act as meat shields or distractions goes a long way.

@Straegen.2938 said:Leave it on the shelf. It is one of the worst classes in the game much of which revolves around semi-useless pets.

Troll much?

Build Diversity is great.Plenty of pets aren't useless.Dont want a pet, hello? Soulbeast.

Besides, Soulbeast is Meta in PvP (not to mention Vanilla Ranger, Druid and Soulbeast are all competitive in pvp)Great DPS In Pve/Fractals/RaidsMeta in PvE Support/HealsGreat in Small Group WvWGreat Roaming Class in WvW

@lordbachus.6091 said:Once uppon a long time ago... a few weaks after release..My ranger was my first 80But soon after that i shelved himNot enough build diversity, and other classes where just more interesting at that time..The class at release was to straightforward, where i prefer more advanced classes..

So give me a reason, or two, to start playing my ranger again?

You should probably try ranger again and determine for yourself if it’s worth playing.

GL

Archived