Drop the Hammer

jwaz.1908

Is it just me, or is the cast time for Drop the Hammer too long? I'm by no means a pro Revenant, however I just started playing hammer Herald in wvw, and during zerg fights it's quite impractical. Especially since Revenant no longer has access to quickness through Shiro.

@Justine.6351 said:Be mindful that it may have a long cast time and a huge animation but it also doesn't have a red ring. Its a compromise and a damned good one.

True, I just feel that by the time the hammer drops, the zerg has already shifted with or without a red circle. I agree that, as previously mentioned, this is partially a matter of player skill, since you can try and predict their movement. It is also useful for finishing off downed foes and preventing ressing. I just feel that it could cast a half second or so faster.

@phokus.8934 said:

@"Buran.3796" said:Disable quickness from Impossible Odds was a must to force people to buy gathering tools with quickness sigils in the gem store.

Ya know, I actually believe this.

The real reason was in an effort to increase Shiro's end game PvE viability/damage, since pulsing personally quickness is 100% useless there.

Also, they added Brutality is the same update, which they thought would be PvP compensation, but sadly is just super underwhelming. On the other hand, if IO still gave perma-quickness, Brutality probably would have been kinda too strong. I dunno... "Situationally too strong" maybe.

IMO, they need to rework Brutality to provide a lot more quickness to return some Rev down cleave power... Rev's down cleave is an abysmal state since that patch, and it's really annoying since you're playing what is essentially a team fighting build, but have no finishing power--which you might recognize as a super important aspect of the team fight. Your only really powerful downcleave/finishing skill atm is sw4, but chances are you used that to down the person in the first place and it will be on cd ad unable to prevent the power rez.

Current brutality gives 3 secs of quickness every time you swap weapons on a 9 second cooldown (legend swap does not proc.) I'd be fine with the 3 seconds of uptime and 9 second cooldown, if you had more (or different) ways of procing the trait. Something like letting you proc it when you turn on more than 5 upkeep points would be a good start... This would give the same functionality of quickness on IO, but also let you proc it with other elite skills or a bunch of dragon facets... The key point is not necessarily elite-skill synergy, but the ability to proc the quickness at different times, allowing for more realistic combos and less-telegraphed bursts.

@"narcx.3570" said:

The real reason was in an effort to increase Shiro's end game PvE viability/damage, since pulsing personally quickness is 100% useless there.

Also, they added Brutality is the same update, which they thought would be PvP compensation, but sadly is just super underwhelming. On the other hand, if IO still gave perma-quickness, Brutality probably would have been kinda too strong. I dunno... "Situationally too strong" maybe.

IMO, they need to rework Brutality to provide a lot more quickness to return some Rev down cleave power... Rev's down cleave is an abysmal state since that patch, and it's really annoying since you're playing what is essentially a team fighting build, but have no finishing power--which you might recognize as a super important aspect of the team fight. Your only really powerful downcleave/finishing skill atm is sw4, but chances are you used that to down the person in the first place and it will be on cd ad unable to prevent the power rez.

Current brutality gives 3 secs of quickness every time you swap weapons on a 9 second cooldown (legend swap does not proc.) I'd be fine with the 3 seconds of uptime and 9 second cooldown, if you had more (or different) ways of procing the trait. Something like letting you proc it when you turn on more than 5 upkeep points would be a good start... This would give the same functionality of quickness on IO, but also let you proc it with other elite skills or a bunch of dragon facets... The key point is not necessarily elite-skill synergy, but the ability to proc the quickness at different times, allowing for more realistic combos and less-telegraphed bursts.

Personally I think Shiro's Spirit Boon should provide 3s of quickness instead of the 2x might it gives now. It'd allow for another avenue of acquiring quickness and make it compete better with IR.

Archived