box of grandmaster marks

Belishine.7493

this supprises me a lot that you added grandmaster shards witch you only get 3 a week and then you get a box of grandmaster marks that cost 10 shards but it only gives you one mark???? WOW!!!!!!! i can understand if the box gave out anywere from 3 to 5 marks but one and im working on this for a month its not right. its stuff like this that i see that wvw is soo low on your stuff that i dont understand how some of the stuff like this gets in the game. i can also see if we get 3 or even 4 shard and that lets us buy one mark i would bee cool with that but now how it is right now.

@Belishine.7493 said:this supprises me a lot that you added grandmaster shards witch you only get 3 a week and then you get a box of grandmaster marks that cost 10 shards but it only gives you one mark???? WOW!!!!!!! i can understand if the box gave out anywere from 3 to 5 marks but one and im working on this for a month its not right. its stuff like this that i see that wvw is soo low on your stuff that i dont understand how some of the stuff like this gets in the game. i can also see if we get 3 or even 4 shard and that lets us buy one mark i would bee cool with that but now how it is right now.

You can craft marks, as well. The shards are a little bonus - much like what happens with pvp.

@Blocki.4931 said:You will save quite a bit of materials over the years. I'm crafting my second legendary armor set entirely with these free marks and it's a neat thing.

I hope you made a joke here. Because if you need marks (for the WvW armor) that means you craft the first Legendary armor. For that armor you need 21-22 weeks to gather the Skirmish Tickets. BUT if you trully want to entirely craft the armor using the marks rewarded by the game, you will need 200 shards. That means you need 67 weeks for this. This is roughly one year and 4 months.

If you are serious in your statement that means you are one of the very few players considering 22 weeks of waiting to be a too fast way for crafting the armor. And you try using any methid to make this interval longer. I may guess that you will gather one or two elder wood / mithril per day in case you will start a second generation Legendary weapon. Because I cannot imagine you buying the materials from TP for a faster completion of the weapon.

But if you are not serious .... HM. That means your statement is FALSE. I don't want to name the person who intentionally makes false statements.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:You will save quite a bit of materials over the years. I'm crafting my second legendary armor set
entirely
with these free marks and it's a neat thing.

I hope you made a joke here. Because if you need marks (for the WvW armor) that means you craft the first Legendary armor. For that armor you need 21-22 weeks to gather the Skirmish Tickets. BUT if you trully want to
entirely craft
the armor using the marks rewarded by the game, you will need 200 shards. That means you need 67 weeks for this. This is roughly one year and 4 months.

If you are serious in your statement that means you are one of the very few players considering 22 weeks of waiting to be a too fast way for crafting the armor. And you try using any methid to make this interval longer. I may guess that you will gather one or two elder wood / mithril per day in case you will start a second generation Legendary weapon. Because I cannot imagine you buying the materials from TP for a faster completion of the weapon.

But if you are not serious .... HM. That means your statement is FALSE. I don't want to name the person who intentionally makes false statements.

Or maybe he is the person that crafted all of the marks prior to this change, and is glad that 1/4 of those are now ‘free’?

It was an add in. If you don’t want to wait the 66.4 weeks, then level the required crafting profession to 500 and craft the marks.

i know all of this the issue is that i cant craft this stuff but that the shards needed for the box is ok but the reword for it is complet trash when you look at it like a box means more then one not spend 10 shard to get a box that only has one grandmaster mark in it its completly worthles when in other games this stuff better shown. now in most mmos you will buy this mark needed for gear you need by spending 3 or 4 shards for one and then 10 to 20 shards for box that can hold 3 to 5 marks for the gear and this is pvp and wvw games but now look at gw2 you will grind out the shards for 1 month to only get 1 mark and then its going to take you forever to a full set of ascended gear. in math this be complet trash for anyone and needs looked into for a better balance becosue yes this is a form of pvp but its also a form of pve when you look at so it takes me a week in pve to get 2 marks but a month in pvp will get me i ascended gear item so yes wvw is not in line with how this is sopost to be. i did just show you the math on this and wvw is on short stick and needs fixed to make it worth trying to get stuff in wvw or its a worthless game mode.

They've been in game since around May of this year and how both work is clearly displayed in the description, it's not new or a trick.

Now, should we get more than 3 shards a week? Yes, that'd be nice, but not likely. I managed to save up enough for 5 marks around September and just crafted 15 more for the last set of T2 ascended I wanted. If I continued to wait, I'd still be short on shards right now, but I'm saving this new batch for weapons instead.

@Belishine.7493 said:i know all of this the issue is that i cant craft this stuff.

Why can’t you? If you are making

• Light: level tailor.
  • Medium: level leather working
  • Heavy: Armorsmith.

Level them to 500. Then you can craft any mark.

Because of limited PvP seasons, you get a similar amount of marks per year from PvP.

Again, this was an add in. It wasn’t designed to be the only way to get marks for the armor.

Pay only time? Well it takes a long time

Pay gold? Can get it in 1/3 of the time.

it still dont sound right everyone for reals think like this you put 60+ hours into wvw a week and only get 3 shards in a month you 12 shards you cool i want to buy the box of grandmaster marks you get it and its only one mark that is missleading in any way you look at it becouse it does say marks not mark this be the issue i am having. yes you say its a typo but look at this its clearly saying marks and not mark.

@"Belishine.7493" said:it still dont sound right everyone for reals think like this you put 60+ hours into wvw a week and only get 3 shards in a month you 12 shards you cool i want to buy the box of grandmaster marks you get it and its only one mark that is missleading in any way you look at it becouse it does say marks not mark this be the issue i am having. yes you say its a typo but look at this its clearly saying marks and not mark.

Because there's a choice of different types of marks within that box, thats why its a box of mark(s). The description of the box and even the contents specifically say "Mark". They could get rid of the S on the base box and people would be even more confused about what's in there.

@"Belishine.7493" said:it still dont sound right everyone for reals think like this you put 60+ hours into wvw a week and only get 3 shards in a month you 12 shards you cool i want to buy the box of grandmaster marks you get it and its only one mark that is missleading in any way you look at it becouse it does say marks not mark this be the issue i am having. yes you say its a typo but look at this its clearly saying marks and not mark.

If your point is the name, I can understand. But it is not the only place this item is named this: it is named the same from PvP as well. It’s called Box of grandmaster Marks.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Box_of_Grandmaster_Marks

A more apt name would be ‘Box of Grandmaster Mark’

I think the reason for the plural is that you have a choice of different marks.

They should add them to wallet. No real reason to have them as external tokens. I don't really like hopping across different characters trying to find each one to see if I have enough for 1 Grandmaster mark.

I am fine with the pacing they're being rewarded at. But I don't think 1 or 2 of them are worth an inventory space.

I don’t think we should get more marks, but th limit per week should be increased if not made to be repeatable

The more you play, the more marks you should be able to obtain and in that way it becomes more inline with pvp. In pvp I can play for 2 days and get an ascended piece. In WVW I have to play...4 months, 4-8 hours a day to get an ascended piece. What the actual kitten.

ya i noticed that too just by looking at pvp rewords and its feeling like anet just dont like wvw and all other game modes get worth wial rewords were wvw can get the same stuff but its locked in a supper timegate that is know how they should be doing this for wvw. if they want this stuff more like pvp then let us get 3 box of grandmaster marks a week and then we are even with pvp hands down but if you look at it right now in raw math. wvw is 3 months for 1 acended item but pvp is 1 month for one acended item the math here is so messed up it feels like its almost pointless to do wvw for any reword but yet you need to do wvw for gifts of battle. they need to fix the feeling for beting good rewords from wvw to be a little more in line with pvp or in the mid of pvp and pve to get it right not this supper time gating junk im seeing more of.

Archived