Does the Heart of the Mists have to be that depressing ?

Aodlop.1907

@MrFoooster.8192 said:a place where people waiting to kill each other should be more energetic and colourful rather than depressing looking you say ?

We don't kill each other, we play vs other plaers, defeat or get defeated in a video game. Not KILL each other.I'm against rainbows and unicorns but that place can be more neutral instead of emo novel.

@Sylent.3165 said:I think we need more fall 4 areas like orr and the mists. This is not a happy game, it's about war and destruction and bright green trees and grass and pretty lakes I don't fit in constantly.

I agree, lets make DR into one. Im still surprised how that city stands, surrounded by so many foes and disasters.

@"Aodlop.1907" said:Depressing music. Depressing landscape.This kind of design is fine for one part of a large content map that you go sometimes, not for the main PvP or PvE hub where most players stand for hours. This place makes me want to throw myself off a cliff.

My first impulse: "You're in the right place, then, because that area is nothing BUT cliffs. Walk two steps."

But I'll go with the second impulse.

The area has a sort of loneliness to me, but that's because I always turn off map chat when I'm in Heart of the Mists. I've found it to be one of the most toxic places in the game, where people rehash bad PvP match-ups they just had or generally say horrible things with no/little provocation.

So for me, that makes the map a shadowy, contemplative place filled with hundreds of silently raging people.

But another option (which I often take) is just to queue from outside the map.

My que times suggest there are less than 50 people even wanting to play this game mode, the lack of even being able to select the map you want is even more discouraging.

I've been wanting the Capricorn title for my engi for a while now, only needing a few wins on the map to finish it. But out if the last 20 games the map was only up for selection 3 times, only selected once, and it was a lost game.

Archived