When, exactly, does Wintersday end tomorrow? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

When, exactly, does Wintersday end tomorrow?

Frost.2107Frost.2107 Member ✭✭
edited January 1, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Is it at the daily reset on January 2nd (00:00 UTC) or the usual time updates are released (16:00 UTC)?

Comments

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't Wintersday go until the 8th?

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

yes, big patch is not before next week

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

It'll likely fade away tomorrow around the usual patch time, but they didn't give a specific time

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

If it is tomorrow then it will be around 9am PST

@Khisanth.2948 said:
    If it is tomorrow then it will be around 9am PST

It may end thurs as it was advertised to run through Jan 2nd. But yeah either way 9am pst is most likely

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

edited January 2, 2019

Did it end today? I won't get online til very late to check

• Probably in 30 minutes from this post.

• ANet added in a feature a long time ago that allows them to end a festival without a patch.
    • Since then, when they do so, it's often around noon at ANet's office. (20:00 UTC). Sometimes at reset (in January, that's 4 pm ANet's time, 00:00 UTC)
    • The official announcements stated that Wintersday would end on the 2nd of January.
    • No official statement implying a different date has been offered since the LS4.5 trailed was released.

tl;dr I expect it will end either in 30 minutes or 4.5 hours from the time I posted

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

If it fades out later, could someone pop a post on? Lazy I know, but I'll prob not boot my pc up tonight if no festival stuff happening

• Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, the daily Wintersday Category has vanished now. So I guess all is gone until next Wintersday.

The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:
    Well, the daily Wintersday Category has vanished now. So I guess all is gone until next Wintersday.

Roger that 👍

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

I wish the forum would have time stamps. I am curious at what hour they ended it. I remember Halloween being extended by a few hours beyond the usual patch time.

• Posts on the forum do have time stamps. Unless you mean something else.

edited January 3, 2019

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Posts on the forum do have time stamps. Unless you mean something else.

Think the timestamp is removed and replaced by the date when the day changes (eg i only see jan 2nd for ashantaras post but 12:11am for yours) and that likely varies depending on timezone

• You can hover over the dates to see the time as well.

@Boysenberry.1869 said:
    You can hover over the dates to see the time as well.

Ah ok. I dont get that on my mobile version. Useful to know

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

I wish the forum would have time stamps. I am curious at what hour they ended it. I remember Halloween being extended by a few hours beyond the usual patch time.

They ended this one (and Halloween) around noon their time, like most festivals since they stopped needing a patch to end the holiday.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    They ended this one (and Halloween) around noon their time, like most festivals since they stopped needing a patch to end the holiday.

Okay, so that would be 21:00 o'clock my time (or 9 p.m. as Americans would call it ;) ).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.