LS4 map completition locked behind collections?

coso.9173

I love completing all new maps released, i've always done it. I have 100% map completition including all from HoT, Ls3, PoF and most of ls4, but I've seen that some POIs can only be done with the beetle mount, wich requires collections with some not so easy to get items. I plan on eventually getting the beetle mount, but it's going to take me a while, I'm a pretty casual player and I'd prefer if POIs didn't require specific collections to get to them, specially if some of them require a specific boss battle that isn't that easy to find.

I'd been putting off S4 content for a while, but with the new chapter coming out I decided it was time to get caught up.It took me about a day to get all the collections required for the Beetle collection. The most challenging part was getting people together to kill the Alpha Beetle, but everything else was very easy, as there were always groups to kill the required bosses.

While I agree with what you are saying, as I also don't think POIs should be locked behind some requirement, this is hardly new.

All throughout PoF there were POI and mastery points that were only accessible with specific mounts (aka Jackal or Griffon), so the requirement for the Beetle (as well as the required mastery!) is just more of what they have been done the whole expansion.

Should that change for future content? I think so. I have no problem with optional rewards like Mastery points or collection achievements being locked, but basic hearts, POI and vistas should be accessible without pre-requisites IMO.

@"coso.9173" said:I'd prefer if POIs didn't require specific collections to get to them, specially if some of them require a specific boss battle that isn't that easy to find.

I think if you rephrased that as, "prefer if map completion wasn't gated" you might get more support. Surely it's enough that the maps themselves are already gated (somewhat).

I'm not a big fan of ANet choosing to lock parts of the map behind events, but given that it's ANets standard practice, I don't see much of a difference between locking them behind the Beetle (a one time requirement) and locking behind a meta (Tarir hero challenge, POI; Silverwastes labyrinth POI), a timed event (Dry Top inquest HQ POI), or any other sort of gate.

@"coso.9173" said:Never heard about the dulfy guide, will look into it, but I play a short while everyday, nso what takes 1day for some of you can take up to 1 week to me easily.

http://dulfy.net. Her web site is almost as much a necessary tool as the wiki or gw2efficiency. Especially for things like the guild trek mission - I couldn't imagine trying to do it without Dulfy!

Archived