(Spoilers) Really loving the story so far!

Zavve.8205

Just wanted to say how much I am getting pulled into the story as it goes on. The writing keeps getting better imo and I love all the small new mechanics/tricks that are added each episode to really enhance the story.

The scene near the end where you are injured and walking toward that final discovery of the reveal was very well done and pulled me right in

It is really enjoyable seeing the game/story constantly improve and become much more enjoyable over the years.Looking forward to the future of this game.

I'd just like someone to give me a spoiler and explain

! the first trial.

I can't figure it out, and I can't get anyone to help me, and sadly WP's stream was 'not' helpful, as he was just standing off in a corner and his friends did it for him. :/

I was hoping to at least get to the new zone and piddle around there before I get two wisdom teeth yanked out tomorrow, but I guess I'll have to wait for Dulfy again.

@notebene.3190 said:I'd just like someone to give me a spoiler and explain

! the first trial.

I can't figure it out, and I can't get anyone to help me, and sadly WP's stream was 'not' helpful, as he was just standing off in a corner and his friends did it for him. :/

I was hoping to at least get to the new zone and piddle around there before I get two wisdom teeth yanked out tomorrow, but I guess I'll have to wait for Dulfy again.

Stand in the circle with aurene until her meter fills up. You might have to heal a few times and just survive.

I enjoyed everything up until the end, which then made it all feel like a gimmick to me. Hurrah for shock value? They've been setting up the story for a conclusion, failure to deliver on that front felt incredibly disappointing. I don't think I'm alone in being ready to move past the dragon story line and into uncharted territory, but I can only speak for myself. I was really looking forward to this story episode, but it has left me feeling empty handed, and not the way the story was designed to evoke.

@Allarius.5670 said:I enjoyed everything up until the end, which then made it all feel like a gimmick to me. Hurrah for shock value? They've been setting up the story for a conclusion, failure to deliver on that front felt incredibly disappointing. I don't think I'm alone in being ready to move past the dragon story line and into uncharted territory, but I can only speak for myself. I was really looking forward to this story episode, but it has left me feeling empty handed, and not the way the story was designed to evoke.

but, it ended there. we dont know whats going to happen next

@Zavve.8205 said:

! the first trial.

Stand in the circle with aurene until her meter fills up. You might have to heal a few times and just survive.

I tried that...

! it just bounces me out and the bar never starts filling. I can't figure out if I'm supposed to step in where the 2 cones are or not the two cones or what.

@notebene.3190 said:

! the first trial.

I tried that...

! it just bounces me out and the bar never starts filling. I can't figure out if I'm supposed to step in where the 2 cones are or not the two cones or what.

Not sure if I still need a spoiler tag still but I will just to be safe

You might need stability. I personally just tanked the damage and dodge rolled a ton. I also avoided the cones as I think they were the major damage dealers in the circle. I was on reaper so I just tanked damage as I constantly ran/dodge rolled towards the middle of the circle where Aurene was. I was very sloppy but it worked for me perfectly.

@folk.8190 said:I'm shocked. Anet pls STOP killing story heroes :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm not sure this is the end.

There were some talk about ascension which we didn't hear from the MC perspective also for the story she is absolute crucial either that or Arena NET ignoring a large part of the plot from now on. On top of it was is the point of Cait there then ? Also Auren ate Joko and absorbed all his power.

@Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

@folk.8190 said:I'm shocked. Anet pls STOP killing story heroes :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I'm not sure this is the end. There were some talk about ascension which we didn't hear from the MC perspective also for the story she is absolute crucial either that or Arena NET ignoring a large part of the plot from now on. On top of it was is the point of Cait there then ?
Also Auren ate Joko and absorbed all his power

excatly this too. just wait for the new LS

@Zavve.8205 said:

! the first trial.

I tried that...

Not sure if I still need a spoiler tag still but I will just to be safe

You might need stability. I personally just tanked the damage and dodge rolled a ton. I also avoided the cones as I think they were the major damage dealers in the circle. I was on reaper so I just tanked damage as I constantly ran/dodge rolled towards the middle of the circle where Aurene was. I was very sloppy but it worked for me perfectly.

On my staff elementalist. I don't really have anything like that the way I run. Guess I'll have to find something.

@Allarius.5670 said:I enjoyed everything up until the end, which then made it all feel like a gimmick to me. Hurrah for shock value? They've been setting up the story for a conclusion, failure to deliver on that front felt incredibly disappointing. I don't think I'm alone in being ready to move past the dragon story line and into uncharted territory, but I can only speak for myself. I was really looking forward to this story episode, but it has left me feeling empty handed, and not the way the story was designed to evoke.

This isn't the conclusion though. This season has at least 1 more episode, so whatever happens there will be more to this story after the bit we've seen so far.

@notebene.3190 said:

! the first trial.

I tried that...

The damage areas have the glow inside them. If you look at the lines, they're sharply defined on one side, and glow/fade on the other. You want to be on the sharply defined sides. In the first circle, most of the area is safe. With each circle she goes to, the safe areas get smaller.

Come on ppl, don't act surprised about the ending, I knew this episode will end like that after Long Live the Lich and I know what will happen in next episode too, after Aurene dr Strange cinematic I'm just sure of it.

Semi spoiler:Remember how ppl complained first two episodes were short and not connected to main story, well, they are connected, or should I say they will be connected to main story, and they were there for a reason.

So, don't say your goodbyes just yet :).

@notebene.3190 said:

! the first trial.

I tried that...

While avoiding the aoes.

Loved it. Great episode. Will replay tomorrow with my main and try to check out every nook and cranny and dialog.

Great setup for future episodes. I have no idea where they are going with this.

! Absolutely did not expect the Aurene part. Was very well made. The EotN music was just gravy on top. The new map looks amazing too.

The ending felt really epic. Se4 story wise has been really good so far hope the same or higher quality from se5 more often.

Tho im abit sceptical with the direction.

The writters might write themselves into a corner with this. I see 2 possibilities and both look skechy. One aurene stays dead and we are in a position that we will hardly get written out of without it seeming like a massive asspull.Two aurene resurect herself kills kralk and then we literally have a god on our side which renders every villian afterwards irrelevant.

Archived