I'm kinda sad

Sylent.3165

It seems like after beating the story and getting the mastries all that's left is to get the griffon, then after that the desert just really doesn't offer anything. I see no reason to not go back to hot and the Silverwastes instead of staying here.

Anyone else feeling this way to? Kinda sad I love the mounts and the maps and my new scourge but nothing to do with them

I think nostalgia blinds you a little bit. In HoT all the story and many events were gated to the oblivion with masteries and experience you needed for them. In PoF progression is very smooth and I never felt like game artificially slows my gameplay which was very common in HoT, especially before they changed it in April 2016.

Try doing achievements and collections, they are very lore heavy and some of them are very interested puzzles. If not for them I would have missed a lot of cool events, that are properly dubbed and tell some story (in comparison to HoT which is very shallow and all it offers is meta farming).

I feel the same, in that after map completion, story and griffon, I've found nothing really to keep me around. No map metas was a massive disappointment for me, and across all 5 maps there really isn't much in the way of group content at all which I think is very disappointing. Since doing the griffon I've struggled to find anything that I find fun or interesting to do in PoF. To me the maps are now dead and I'm back playing HoT and other content like I did before.

I think we'll just have to wait and see if things get added, and what the plan for LS4 is, maybe for some reason the maps we have now are deliberately empty in preparation for future stuff. Even if nothing is currently planned, I would imagine Anet will always be monitoring numbers of players in the PoF maps, and I would like to think that if they saw that players were not returning to them and PoF populations got very low, then they would probably act and add something to draw us back there.

*on a random note, did we get any JPs in PoF? Just thinking about it I don't recall coming across any. (or any proper mount based JPs/puzzles)

@Sylent.3165 said:It seems like after beating the story and getting the mastries all that's left is to get the griffon, then after that the desert just really doesn't offer anything. I see no reason to not go back to hot and the Silverwastes instead of staying here.

Anyone else feeling this way to? Kinda sad I love the mounts and the maps and my new scourge but nothing to do with them

I sort of agree with you, I mean it is decent for getting ectos (without being a brain dead farm which makes it less mind numbing to do for me), but other than that and the new runes of holding (which you can only gamble for :-1:, sure they are tradeable, which is why I find it odd that they are as cheap as they are, but the only natural source is the reskinned ecto gambler afaik) which also tie into ectos there really is nothing to hold you to those maps... other than personal preference.

If you are looking for optimal play the desert is not the right place.

@killermanjaro.5670 said:I feel the same, in that after map completion, story and griffon, I've found nothing really to keep me around. No map metas was a massive disappointment for me, and across all 5 maps there really isn't much in the way of group content at all which I think is very disappointing. Since doing the griffon I've struggled to find anything that I find fun or interesting to do in PoF. To me the maps are now dead and I'm back playing HoT and other content like I did before.

I think we'll just have to wait and see if things get added, and what the plan for LS4 is, maybe for some reason the maps we have now are deliberately empty in preparation for future stuff. Even if nothing is currently planned, I would imagine Anet will always be monitoring numbers of players in the PoF maps, and I would like to think that if they saw that players were not returning to them and PoF populations got very low, then they would probably act and add something to draw us back there.

*on a random note, did we get any JPs in PoF? Just thinking about it I don't recall coming across any. (or any proper mount based JPs/puzzles)

I don’t know if it’s a jumping puzzle per se, but in the room with the red exalted from the story, the underground Forgotten city, there is a jumping puzzle that involves ropes and planks.

@Sylent.3165 said:It seems like after beating the story and getting the mastries all that's left is to get the griffon, then after that the desert just really doesn't offer anything. I see no reason to not go back to hot and the Silverwastes instead of staying here.

Why would you want to go to HoT or Silverwastes? Is there something to do there that you havent done hundreds of times?

@Kheldorn.5123 said:I think nostalgia blinds you a little bit.

HoT and PoF are just 2 years apart and you're already calling it nostalgia. Whenever there's a discussion that mentions old content, there will be people calling it nostalgia.We all know that HoT was a mess. But obviously, there are already many threads stating that PoF is more like a one-time-explorable expansion that doesn't as much replayability compared to the map-meta driven HoT after 1 week. Of course, not everyone liked HoT, so they're happy now about PoF - but for how long?

Another thing I want to mention with regards to nostalgia: every time someone mentions GW1 here, it's getting bashed and simply called 'nostalgia'.They released 3 full campaigns + 1 add on from 2005 to 2007. They didn't feature fancy gliders or mounts. But they certainly provided a whole lot of content, they told the story of 3 different continents and set up all of the lore and the world that GW2 was build up on in just 2 years - with a much smaller dev team.

Path of Fire alone took them 2 years to develop. Of course there's more effort now in terms of graphics and open world design (group events,...) since GW1 was mostly instanced. But just compare it and think about what they did back then when you want to talk about nostalgia.

@Malediktus.9250 said:HoT definitely had way more replayability than PoF. Collection all the skins and armors is pointless this time, too. Most of them do not even have a collection achievement. So why would I go unlock all if I have legendary equipment if there is no collection rewards.

To be fair, you would have to offer a lot of gold for me to be willing to use any of the HoT armor or weapons. No reason to unlock them either (for me).

Archived