Mordremoth's size comparison

Vyko.6953

@Zenix.6198 said:

@Zenix.6198 said:+1 for effort.But ....thats just the Mouth of mordremoth.We have never seen the actual ED.

The Mouth of Mordremoth
is
Mordremoth.

They've made it pretty clear by this point, why are people still confused.

where has that been made clear?You have a source for this claim?

It has been clarified in guild chats and other Dev comments over the years.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Zenix.6198 said:+1 for effort.But ....thats just the Mouth of mordremoth.We have never seen the actual ED.

The Mouth of Mordremoth
is
Mordremoth.

They've made it pretty clear by this point, why are people still confused.

where has that been made clear?You have a source for this claim?

It has been clarified in guild chats and other Dev comments over the years.

On top of that, in Vabbi it's stated Mordremoth "impaled itself on a tree" (aka how the Mouth died), and in the final instance of All or Nothing, a picture of the Mouth of Mordremoth shows up to represent Mordremoth's magic, alongside with Zhaitan and Balthazar for their magic that Kralkatorrik ate.

So it's been clarified both in-game and out of game multiple times now.

Well, I just read the wiki article on it and I stand corrected.There it says:

"...."Due to Mordremoth's powers, it is often referred to as having an expansive body that stretches across the jungle, seen with the writhing vines in the depths of locations such as Verdant Brink. According to Canach and Trahearne, Mordremoth is the jungle itself, though this in actuality refers to the dragon's corruption. While Mordremoth is an entity of mind and dream, its physical, non-plant-like body is called the "Mouth of Mordremoth..."

and

"...Though its physical body can be destroyed, Mordremoth is capable of regrowing its body from its corruption and, if necessary, moving its mind to another connected host due to its power of mind and connection to the Dream. As Mordremoth has rapidly spread its corruption through the Heart of Maguuma and extended throughout Tyria, these proprerties made it essentially immortal..."

I always just assumed the Mouth of Mordremoth was a dragon minion, as opposed to the embodiment of it. Similar to the Mouth of Zaithan, which was a seperate being altogether (even if controlled by the ED).

@"Zenix.6198" said:Well, I just read the wiki article on it and I stand corrected.There it says:

"...."Due to Mordremoth's powers, it is often referred to as having an expansive body that stretches across the jungle, seen with the writhing vines in the depths of locations such as Verdant Brink. According to Canach and Trahearne, Mordremoth is the jungle itself, though this in actuality refers to the dragon's corruption. While Mordremoth is an entity of mind and dream, its physical, non-plant-like body is called the "Mouth of Mordremoth..."

and

"...Though its physical body can be destroyed, Mordremoth is capable of regrowing its body from its corruption and, if necessary, moving its mind to another connected host due to its power of mind and connection to the Dream. As Mordremoth has rapidly spread its corruption through the Heart of Maguuma and extended throughout Tyria, these proprerties made it essentially immortal..."

I always just assumed the Mouth of Mordremoth was a dragon minion, as opposed to the embodiment of it. Similar to the Mouth of Zaithan, which was a seperate being altogether (even if controlled by the ED).

Much as Konig said, it’s reference several times in Path of Fire that the mouth of Mordremoth was the dragon’s physical body. You may also notice that the Season 1 finale showed a mouth similar to the mouth of Mordremoth as well.

Not to mention the mouth uses the same voice during the dragon stand meta as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@"Perihen the Thawk.9527" said:Vyko, this is really cool! I'm wondering if you could do Zhaitan against some recognizable landmark as well? People always talk about how small Zhaitan ended up being but I think in "real world" scale it would still be quite big.

thats not bad idea! i will try somthing :) Meanwhile - if you love Zhaitan - check my old video (if you havent yet) how Zhaitan looks like when he is flying!

Archived