Lead Attacks stacks OOC on Deadeye

omgdracula.6345

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.... wow... You should post it in the "Bugs: Game, Forum, Website" sub too. Lol I don't think Dev are checking thief sub forums anymore. If they do then they are not happy what goes on in the thief sub here. Especially with that nerf to Lead Attacks was especially for DE!!

I'm pretty sure it was pointed out soon after the Lead Attacks change and it's been mentioned a few times. If it's a bug it's not very important, plus that's a lot of Initiative to burn through to maybe not have any Initiative left to land something big for that LA stack.

@kash.9213 said:I'm pretty sure it was pointed out soon after the Lead Attacks change and it's been mentioned a few times. If it's a bug it's not very important, plus that's a lot of Initiative to burn through to maybe not have any Initiative left to land something big for that LA stack.

Well it should be important. I mean that depends I guess on DE. I am sure firing a DJ from stealth etc would still do decent damage. They whole nerf was to address DE partly lol.

@syszery.1592 said:And it can be stacked to 15 instead of only 10.. But this works just with rifle -- However, I am not sure if it is a UI bug or if they simply forgot the rifle.

I hopped in game and equipped a rifle with normal D/P build minus Daredevil and no extra DE traits equipped. Just auto attacking golem crits would be between 1380-1580 with no lead attacks. After stacking up to 15 crits would hit for 1500-1890. So I would have to say lead attacks for sure is affecting damage.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

@syszery.1592 said:And it can be stacked to 15 instead of only 10.. But this works just with rifle -- However, I am not sure if it is a UI bug or if they simply forgot the rifle.

I hopped in game and equipped a rifle with normal D/P build minus Daredevil and no extra DE traits equipped. Just auto attacking golem crits would be between 1380-1580 with no lead attacks. After stacking up to 15 crits would hit for 1500-1890. So I would have to say lead attacks for sure is affecting damage.

Hm interesting. So it might even be true 15% then. I wonder why it was not fixed with the last patch...

@syszery.1592 said:

Hm interesting. So it might even be true 15% then. I wonder why it was not fixed with the last patch...

Who knows, but its funny that the nerf was meant to hit deadeye a bit but instead buffed it. Kind of.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

Who knows, but its funny that the nerf was meant to hit deadeye a bit but instead buffed it. Kind of.

nope it was meant to reduce prestacked damage modifier, that it was meant to hit deadeye is just what many thieves claim. i have yet to see anet ever state that.

@MUDse.7623 said:

nope it was meant to reduce prestacked damage modifier, that it was meant to hit deadeye is just what many thieves claim. i have yet to see anet ever state that.

I mean you're half right. There was really 0 reason for it to be a nerf to the other specs. None of them were over performing by any means. The only thief spec over performing atm is DE in all forms. I mean it hit DE builds without rifle hard, but you could still just stack with rifle then swap.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

I mean you're half right. There was really 0 reason for it to be a nerf to the other specs. None of them were over performing by any means. The only thief spec over performing atm is DE in all forms. I mean it hit DE builds without rifle hard, but you could still just stack with rifle then swap.

it might be your opinion that DE is overperforming and the rest is not, but its still false to assume anets intention was to only hit deadeye. they did hit deadeye in the very patch with making DJ blockable and they surely are not too stupid to specifically nerf deadeye more if they wanted to. you might be upset about the current state of core and daredevil but this hostility towards deadeye for performing better and implying that anet is too stupid to get their own intentions into the game wont really help you there.

@MUDse.7623 said:

it might be your opinion that DE is overperforming and the rest is not, but its still false to assume anets intention was to only hit deadeye. they did hit deadeye in the very patch with making DJ blockable and they surely are not too stupid to specifically nerf deadeye more if they wanted to. you might be upset about the current state of core and daredevil but this hostility towards deadeye for performing better and implying that anet is too stupid to get their own intentions into the game wont really help you there.

I mean they don't really have a good track record with balance of any sort in gw2. I am sure they aren't too stupid to get their own intentions into the game. But they are stupid enough to pretty much kill a game mode by not addressing outliers. I mean regardless of everything the fact this bug even got through QA is hilarious to me. Giving into the the forums balance requests is hilarious. Them not listening to high rated pro player input is hilarious.

Jeff Kaplan(OW Game Director) Flat out said balancing around the general players of the game is the dumbest thing you can do.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

I mean they don't really have a good track record with balance of any sort in gw2. I am sure they aren't too stupid to get their own intentions into the game. But they are stupid enough to pretty much kill a game mode by not addressing outliers. I mean regardless of everything the fact this bug even got through QA is hilarious to me. Giving into the the forums balance requests is hilarious. Them not listening to high rated pro player input is hilarious.

Jeff Kaplan(OW Game Director) Flat out said balancing around the general players of the game is the dumbest thing you can do.

The highest rating I have gotten to is gold 3. Id assume most of the pvp community sits around gold plat but the level of understanding of the game mode that players like Sind/Vallun have is much higher than mine.

EDIT: meant this to be an edit to the last one. Woops.

@MUDse.7623 said:

if u say, de is not overperforming, u must be rly bad, to not be able to use it. every ape can kneel deal some dmg, than use dodge, reposition completly hit with dj... xd Yea ur right, anet didnt say, it was meant to hit de, becouse balancing team sucks and got no idea how to deal with this game. de on ranged deals more dmg than core/dd on melee, with much less chance to get a punishment. Shiryu on mat made 15k, binding shadow DJ combo in MARAUDER fking gear. if u say, its not overperforming, than nothing will make u improve in this game

@Safandula.8723 said:

if u say, de is not overperforming, u must be rly bad, to not be able to use it. every ape can kneel deal some dmg, than use dodge, reposition completly hit with dj... xd Yea ur right, anet didnt say, it was meant to hit de, becouse balancing team sucks and got no idea how to deal with this game. de on ranged deals more dmg than core/dd on melee, with much less chance to get a punishment. Shiryu on mat made 15k, binding shadow DJ combo in MARAUDER kitten gear. if u say, its not overperforming, than nothing will make u improve in this game

for a decision if it overperforms or not i would first need to know its intended performance. i am well aware of what deadeye is able to do, thank you for trying to educate me by giving anecdotal examples of another.

@"Xenji.4907" said:.... wow... You should post it in the "Bugs: Game, Forum, Website" sub too. Lol I don't think Dev are checking thief sub forums anymore. If they do then they are not happy what goes on in the thief sub here. Especially with that nerf to Lead Attacks was especially for DE!!

Of course they aren't reading our boards anymore. They are too busy grooming the mesmer.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived