Losing Daredevil dodge when Warclaw dismounts in WVW

alejandro.2093

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:Lol. I'm glad I'm not bothering with the mount xD

Actually I'm also realising the mount and thief playstyle don't mix very well together. With thief you need to take enemies by surprise to be effective so the engage skill is only putting you at a disatvantage being slow and doesn't have good control over the leap distance. You also dont get buffs like the pve version and with one less dodge for drd it's really bad, especially since you can use your unmounted abilitied and get almost the same trversal capability as mounted when your not in your enemy teritory.

So again, it's harder for the thief to engage anyone with initial burst, which will be wasted on killing the mount, and you might waste more resourses for chasing to since mounts are immune to cc and have 3 free evades that cover significant distance. In the meanwhile the mount is basically useless and a hindrance to thief play style. Also escaping its harder now singe everyone can safely keep up with you even if thier build has not invested a single trait for mobility.

Yeap, the only reasons I feel using the mount is useful to me is to make chasers give up on chasing me or for traversing land without any enemies, to get from point A to B without engaging anyone... maybe also the chain pull alongside a zerg, which btw, feels cluncky as hell...

@NuhDah.9812 said:

@"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:Lol. I'm glad I'm not bothering with the mount xD

Actually I'm also realising the mount and thief playstyle don't mix very well together. With thief you need to take enemies by surprise to be effective so the engage skill is only putting you at a disatvantage being slow and doesn't have good control over the leap distance. You also dont get buffs like the pve version and with one less dodge for drd it's really bad, especially since you can use your unmounted abilitied and get almost the same trversal capability as mounted when your not in your enemy teritory.

So again, it's harder for the thief to engage anyone with initial burst, which will be wasted on killing the mount, and you might waste more resourses for chasing to since mounts are immune to cc and have 3 free evades that cover significant distance. In the meanwhile the mount is basically useless and a hindrance to thief play style. Also escaping its harder now singe everyone can safely keep up with you even if thier build has not invested a single trait for mobility.

Yeap, the only reasons I feel using the mount is useful to me is to make chasers give up on chasing me or for traversing land without any enemies, to get from point A to B without engaging anyone... maybe also the chain pull alongside a zerg, which btw, feels cluncky as hell...

I still have the "No Mounts" debuff, and it's fun as it pulls overconfident mounted players into my traps. Condi thief counters idiots kiting on mounts by forcibly dismounting them, which makes traps in choke points a fun way to seperate one guy from a pack of mounted players. The duration on condis prevents them from mounting if I'm disengaging unless they burn cleanses to get OOC (and then run into more traps as they chase, it's beautiful lol), and it's surprising how many builds don't run with any cleanse full stop.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I still have the "No Mounts" debuff, and it's fun as it pulls overconfident mounted players into my traps. Condi thief counters idiots kiting on mounts by forcibly dismounting them, which makes traps in choke points a fun way to seperate one guy from a pack of mounted players. The duration on condis prevents them from mounting if I'm disengaging unless they burn cleanses to get OOC (and then run into more traps as they chase, it's beautiful lol), and it's surprising how many builds don't run with any cleanse full stop.

Well, if messing with unexperinced players is what you enjoy in wvw, using a troll traper build, I guess warclaw existance will not affect your wvw experience much, lol.

@NuhDah.9812 said:

Well, if messing with unexperinced players is what you enjoy in wvw, using a troll traper build, I guess warclaw existance will not affect your wvw experience much, lol.

I use what I find fun and what works. If you consider it troll, then that's your issue not mine.

@NuhDah.9812 said:

Let's be real for a moment. If you were looking to fight real players who knew their shit, you would be playing sPvP exclusively as that's usually where they frequent. You're not going to find those fights majority of the time in WvW. For every good player you meet, you'll kill 30 bad ones. WvW is casual PvP where good players can enjoy one-shot ganks and stomps left and right because most of the people there are fodder and the survivors are smart enough to know how to tweak stats and builds into cheese roll-keyboard territory, where the fodder only knows the way of the zerker.

Unless you're using the WvW maps as some kind of dueling ground where you know good players frequent(of which I haven't seen in a while). In which case, why not just play sPvP as the gamemode is specifically catered towards you people.

I am a terrible PvP'er, yet I win fights in WvW, so people there have to be even worse than I am, or just having a bad day 90% of the time.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

Let's be real for a moment. If you were looking to fight real players who knew their kitten, you would be playing sPvP exclusively as that's usually where they frequent. You're not going to find those fights majority of the time in WvW. For every good player you meet, you'll kill 30 bad ones. WvW is casual PvP where good players can enjoy one-shot ganks and stomps left and right because most of the people there are fodder and the survivors are smart enough to know how to tweak stats and builds into cheese roll-keyboard territory, where the fodder only knows the way of the zerker.

Unless you're using the WvW maps as some kind of dueling ground where you know good players frequent(of which I haven't seen in a while). In which case, why not just play sPvP as the gamemode is specifically catered towards you people.

I am a terrible PvP'er, yet I win fights in WvW, so people there have to be even worse than I am, or just having a bad day 90% of the time.

I guess it depends. It's true there are more cheese builds in wvw so wining against anyone who isn't expecting what you're using, even as an inexperienced pvper you might be able to cheese some fights. The amount of this is probably related to the servers you are frequenting and time of the day you're playing too. On the other hand I've played my share of clown fiestas in spvp too, and i know you find the same amount of bads there if you get placed at the "right" tier, the difference being that you are also stuck with bads in your team, something you can't avoid in spvp. Now I guess if you place platinum+ your statement that you will fight more real players there than you find in wvw, but go down to gold silver and bronze and you'll understand what I'm talking about. Also if you're going to play spvp you need to be ready to commit to a meta profession spec, otherwise you'll drag your team down or won't be that effective. In wvw, since the stats are more varied and you have access to different runes and sigils foods and utilities you don't get into spvp, there are specs that work well enough with the boost provided by these enhancements to really get the fluid gameplay sPvP deprives them of, to make that spec useful and make it there with the roamers, even if they aren't the spvp meta. So there are these aspects that differentiate the 2 game modes so you can't really compare them that way.

Also, I don't mind the taste in ganking of other player, I thought it was amusing in a way, but I'll be doing things my way, other people theirs, until they get bored of easy fights, I guess. I'm also a casual, and I don't feel the need to carry bads most of the spvp games to victory and don't have enough time to compete in the high tier league. There you have it.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

I use what I find fun and what works. If you consider it troll, then that's your issue not mine.

I consider it a troll build, but I don't have anything against them. They are actually funny to watch sometimes, and funny to defeat too. I guess they are funny to play too. No hard feelings.

@NuhDah.9812 said:

I consider it a troll build, but I don't have anything against them. They are actually funny to watch sometimes, and funny to defeat too. I guess they are funny to play too. No hard feelings.

What? How is a build that is designed to win a fight a "Troll build?" Even 1HKO MBackstab DE and Ghost Thief weren't "Troll builds." Unfair? Yes, absolutely. Troll? No.

A troll build would be one that's not designed to actually fight or win an engagement, but rather survive absurdly long before escaping, just to return and do it again, such as pre-nerf Nomad's Staff Daredvil. Just because you don't like fighting against a legitimate build, or can't find a way to defeat a legitimate build, doesn't make it a troll. You're free to think it is, but you'd be wrong.

@NuhDah.9812 said:

No worries, I can come across more blunt than I mean to sometimes, as I have a bad habit of checking forums first thing in the morning when I've not had coffee :P

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:The implementation of this mount as WvW only is horrible. This mount should be available just like any other mount, except that it's the only one that can go to the Mist.

.............. it is able to be used in PvE.

Nope, it's locked in PvE.

I just used the warclaw in pve....

@Turk.5460 said:

What? How is a build that is designed to win a fight a "Troll build?" Even 1HKO MBackstab DE and Ghost Thief weren't "Troll builds." Unfair? Yes, absolutely. Troll? No.

A troll build would be one that's not designed to actually fight or win an engagement, but rather survive absurdly long before escaping, just to return and do it again, such as pre-nerf Nomad's Staff Daredvil. Just because
you
don't like fighting against a legitimate build, or can't find a way to defeat a legitimate build, doesn't make it a troll. You're free to think it is, but you'd be wrong.

Maybe we just have different opinions of what's a troll build. I'd call a troll build anything that's not effective in a usual setup against someone decent, but works against and it's tricky to deal with for inexperienced players, usually by abusing game mechanics or using braindead abilities like 1shot stacked traps or 100% stealth uptime or what you said too, something that survives absurdly long before escaping, but with thw mention that it's not an effective build.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:The implementation of this mount as WvW only is horrible. This mount should be available just like any other mount, except that it's the only one that can go to the Mist.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing here. I'm commenting about the implementation of this mount where you have to jump some hoops in WvW just so you can use the Warclaw rather than making it available in PvE without the WvW hoops jumping. As it stands, without jumping the hoops, the mount is locked in PvE.

I don't think we're talking about the same thing here. I'm commenting about the implementation of this mount where you have to jump some hoops in WvW just so you can use the Warclaw rather than making it available in PvE without the WvW hoops jumping. As it stands, without jumping the hoops, the mount is locked in PvE.

Oh got you. And no... I don't think it's necessary.

They could just make it exclusive to WvW. Fact of the matter is they are trying to get more to play it.

@"borgs.6103" said:Jackals do this as well in PvE.

All mounts do this. I think people are only noticing/complaining now because in PvP (WvW) it's actually important that you lose your third evade on dismount.

I also just complained about it, before seeing this thread:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/71535/bug-daredevil-endurance-at-66-after-dismounting/

Also as someone mentioned in that thread, you also lose your extra Initiative if you're using the Trickery trait line that gives +3 max Initiative. That also happens with all mounts (in PvE).

(Basically all mounts in all game modes do the same thing, it's just that WvW players are now noticing it.)

This is exactly how I feel about that sweet pve Legendary armor as a wvw’er

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

You speak as if there are no WvW-exclusive Legendary armor.

@Taylan.2187 said:

@"borgs.6103" said:Jackals do this as well in PvE.

All mounts do this. I think people are only noticing/complaining now because in PvP (WvW) it's actually important that you lose your third evade on dismount.

I also just complained about it, before seeing this thread:

Also as someone mentioned in that thread, you also lose your extra Initiative if you're using the Trickery trait line that gives +3 max Initiative. That also happens with all mounts (in PvE).

(Basically all mounts in all game modes do the same thing, it's just that WvW players are now noticing it.)

true we lose 3 initiative when dismounting, thanks for pointing that out

That's not what I'm saying at all.

The point he's making is that the legendary armor that looks like its been given a damn and looks genuinely legendary is locked to PvE content. Unlike the mount, where you have to jump through hoops for a few hours... The PvE legendary armor requires you to invest several months of time, plus starting cost to get meta gear, classes, what ever.

And Raids aren't for everyone, just Like WvW. I personally think they could have done a lot better to make Raids feel more like GW2 rather than some grind fest that turns into a full time job.

I guess the primary reason why the WvW armor doesn't look particularly interesting is the cost to make it is significantly less expensive than PvE. As by the time you get enough tickets to buy the ascended armor, you've probably accumulated enough resources to build an entire set.

Archived