Warclaw Balance ideas — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Warclaw Balance ideas

Sazukikrah.5036Sazukikrah.5036 Member ✭✭✭
edited March 8, 2019 in WvW

Warclaw has turned WVW into a staring contest.. No one engages in fights any more or only sit and wait for downs to instant pounce. Heres some ideas that could fix that.

  1. Make Engage skill dismount players on hit
  2. Add a new skill that gives mount 1 stack of stab for 3 seconds (Mount no longer completely immune to stuns) New skill CD is 60 seconds
  3. Superior Maul is now a separate skill from Engage skill but still dismounts( if they dont want to remove the instant finish pounce) . Skill now has 240 second CD
  4. Remove territory movement speed
  5. Allow Pull chain to immob mounts in 900 range using 5 supply, has 10 second CD
  6. Give mounts projectile that can ONLY attack other mounted enemies ( uses 5 supply) has 3 ammo and does cripple dmg only to mount. Has 2 second CD and 20 second Recharge time.
  7. Remove 3 dodge system from mounts.
  8. Lower max health from 10000 to 3000/3500

Comments

  • yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭

    @Sazukikrah.5036 said:
    Warclaw has turned WVW into a staring contest.. No one engages in fights any more

    This is not true

  • Sazukikrah.5036Sazukikrah.5036 Member ✭✭✭

    @yoni.7015 said:

    @Sazukikrah.5036 said:
    Warclaw has turned WVW into a staring contest.. No one engages in fights any more

    This is not true

    Its exaggeration.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    These are reasonable changes that I can support. I like the ideas.

  • jakt.9381jakt.9381 Member ✭✭

    I like 1, 7, 8. No thanks on the others.

  • @Sazukikrah.5036 said:

    @yoni.7015 said:

    @Sazukikrah.5036 said:
    Warclaw has turned WVW into a staring contest.. No one engages in fights any more

    This is not true

    Its exaggeration.

    It's rhetoric that works against your suggestions.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Strages.2950Strages.2950 Member ✭✭✭

    To be honest, as much as I like the mount concept, it's made roaming a pain if not outright impossible.

    Say you're trying to cut off people returning to a side keep/spawn from garrison, its near impossible (unless they're not paying attention or are just really bad). Not only do you have to land 10k+ damage, they have 3 evades and are faster than you in their territory. Even on your own mount you can't catch anyone that has a head start on you unless they're in your territory, and even if you do, you cant dismount them from your own mount. If you engage with your mount they still have a plenty of mount hp, and now you're on foot and in combat so you can't remount. Just watch the enemy prance away. This same situation is replayed anywhere the enemy controls territory. You can't fight them unless they outright CHOOSE to fight you.

    There have always been classes that are hard to catch, but we've always had a fighter's chance with CC's. Nowdays, its almost impossible to force the fight against a mounted enemy in small scale encounters.

    That said, I think making the mount vulnerable to CC's and making it so landing the mount skill 1 dismounts an enemy player would be a gamechanger. I could live with that. Problem is not really the speed of the mount, but how much it facilitates non-engagement. This really needs to be addressed before all we have left in WvW is massive blobfests.

  • Jayden Reese.9542Jayden Reese.9542 Member ✭✭✭

    @Strages.2950 said:
    To be honest, as much as I like the mount concept, it's made roaming a pain if not outright impossible.

    Say you're trying to cut off people returning to a side keep/spawn from garrison, its near impossible (unless they're not paying attention or are just really bad). Not only do you have to land 10k+ damage, they have 3 evades and are faster than you in their territory. Even on your own mount you can't catch anyone that has a head start on you unless they're in your territory, and even if you do, you cant dismount them from your own mount. If you engage with your mount they still have a plenty of mount hp, and now you're on foot and in combat so you can't remount. Just watch the enemy prance away. This same situation is replayed anywhere the enemy controls territory. You can't fight them unless they outright CHOOSE to fight you.

    There have always been classes that are hard to catch, but we've always had a fighter's chance with CC's. Nowdays, its almost impossible to force the fight against a mounted enemy in small scale encounters.

    That said, I think making the mount vulnerable to CC's and making it so landing the mount skill 1 dismounts an enemy player would be a gamechanger. I could live with that. Problem is not really the speed of the mount, but how much it facilitates non-engagement. This really needs to be addressed before all we have left in WvW is massive blobfests.

    Stopping the enemy forces from rejoining the zerg is not roaming that's havoc. Roaming is taking/def camps scouting objectives that are contested killing the rando enemy you see which is all still possible.

  • biczkowski.2961biczkowski.2961 Member ✭✭✭

    my suggestion: change nothing. maybe make it everywhere run as fast as in home territory. but hat's it.

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    make balista double piercing daamage to warclaw and bally CC affects it.

    make DH elite trap strong against warclaw... its a "dragon hunter" that wont even make CC elite skill a kitty mount xD~~

    Cant even hunt a kitten when its called a dragon hunter

  • Heartpains.7312Heartpains.7312 Member ✭✭✭

    Make DH spear of justice pull the target off the mount! and make them take fall damage too =p

  • daydreamer.3092daydreamer.3092 Member ✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019

    Anet, pls nerf it. wvw is no fun anymore. Reduce their endurance bars, remove the attacks and reduce the life. maybe then wvw is fun again. its just annoying and promotes ppt even more.

    even better: just change them to a pve mount and remove them from wvw entirely. gliding worked, mounts do not, i do use them and wvw feels like a jump and run game....

  • I feel like being mounted should disable point capture.

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019

    Players and mount share the same HP pool. Damaging a set amount (eg. 50%) dismounts the player. Prevent players from using mounts as cannon fodder. To allow all players to have the same capability dismount enemy even without the expansion. Currently, ranging a mounted player charging in is a waste of effort as it does not punish the player. And for blob fights, team A using warclaw's maul will get dismounted to deal damage to team B's mount. While team B using warclaw's maul slightly latter will damage team A's dismounted players.

    Make Engage skill dismount players on hit

    Prefer to avoid this if possible, using warclaw's #1 dismounts and unreliable to hit a fast moving targets. Not forgetting both mount running the same speed or only works in own territory :sweat_smile:

    Territory speed is fine if Anet wants it to remain. Promotes rushing for objective defence, little to rushing attacking objective (alerting sentries and enemy territory will limit blitz capping to a certain extend) while providing more fights to defend objectives. But would prefer a more heavy nerf on leap distance from being used as speed dashes (like other dash skills, used to create distance while in combat).

    @Drefster.8609 said:
    I feel like being mounted should disable point capture.

    +1 on this.

    Most of the changes suggested above is mainly to prevent combat advantages/balance using the warclaw.

  • Strages.2950Strages.2950 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Strages.2950 said:
    To be honest, as much as I like the mount concept, it's made roaming a pain if not outright impossible.

    Say you're trying to cut off people returning to a side keep/spawn from garrison, its near impossible (unless they're not paying attention or are just really bad). Not only do you have to land 10k+ damage, they have 3 evades and are faster than you in their territory. Even on your own mount you can't catch anyone that has a head start on you unless they're in your territory, and even if you do, you cant dismount them from your own mount. If you engage with your mount they still have a plenty of mount hp, and now you're on foot and in combat so you can't remount. Just watch the enemy prance away. This same situation is replayed anywhere the enemy controls territory. You can't fight them unless they outright CHOOSE to fight you.

    There have always been classes that are hard to catch, but we've always had a fighter's chance with CC's. Nowdays, its almost impossible to force the fight against a mounted enemy in small scale encounters.

    That said, I think making the mount vulnerable to CC's and making it so landing the mount skill 1 dismounts an enemy player would be a gamechanger. I could live with that. Problem is not really the speed of the mount, but how much it facilitates non-engagement. This really needs to be addressed before all we have left in WvW is massive blobfests.

    Stopping the enemy forces from rejoining the zerg is not roaming that's havoc. Roaming is taking/def camps scouting objectives that are contested killing the rando enemy you see which is all still possible.

    You're splitting hairs and strawmaning the actual argument. You can't force the fight in small encounters anymore. Call it havoc or roaming or whatever you want, it doesnt change the fact that you can't catch the enemy you run into. And even if you can, you can't dismount him from your own mount. Attacking him effectively dismounts YOU, making you slower and wont allow you to get back on your mount to catch him. It really is that simple.

  • derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

    i'm gonna go with no because just as any suggestion it seems ppl are just mad that they can't one shot the guys trying to rejoin the zerg.

    I Have No friends, so I Must pug

  • Eramonster.2718Eramonster.2718 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019

    If mounts give some sort of advantage for it to be used, it deserve to be given a look imo.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.