Share your Secret WvW builds!

EremiteAngel.9765

Be it roaming, havoc, GvG, Zerg vs Zerg etc.!Fun or efficient, trolling or serious!Any of the 9 classes and various races!We want to see your secret builds!And add to it a short description on the build's purpose and play style!

Sharing is Caring!

And I shall share first!My secret Vampire Scourge Build for Zerg vs Zerg!From Vampire runes to Vampire traits to Vampire sigils, this is a true vampire!Emphasizing High Vitality for the spamming of Scourge skills and the leeching of life from your opponents, dead or alive!Transform into a Vampire with this build!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vREQNAndWnE9CN9i10Au0As9iFvBbqBEASAUdgQwgS/nOUPqA-jliDwATOEAAMzJ4EA8RfAw9Hcq0QxTAwl6P9UmlQJIpAiYyG-w

I like the theming of the build!

To be honest my builds are always really lazy. Grabbing whatever gear I happen to have that roughly suits the stats needed for the weapon I'm using, I usually end up slotting 2 trait lines for definite and having the last one be whatever I feel like experimenting with at the time, and utility skills are constantly in flux. In fact the build I've put most effort into recently was my revenant and that was just because I decided that I really wanted to try cosplaying as Dwayna.

A few years ago I tried to make a silly trolling build on Revenant. It used all nomad gear and its sole purpose was just to annoy people running back to a zerg by constantly CCing them. Unfortunately, Forced Engagement eventually got that stupid cooldown and Sword #5 was changed so it didn't pull enemies anymore. I'm thinking of recreating it with Spellbreaker since they have Magebane Tether, plus all that nice core warrior CC.

@Clownmug.8357 said:A few years ago I tried to make a silly trolling build on Revenant. It used all nomad gear and its sole purpose was just to annoy people running back to a zerg by constantly CCing them. Unfortunately, Forced Engagement eventually got that stupid cooldown and Sword #5 was changed so it didn't pull enemies anymore. I'm thinking of recreating it with Spellbreaker since they have Magebane Tether, plus all that nice core warrior CC.

If you own HoT and have sbreaker/gliding/owned territory, do this - if someone is cata'ing your tower or whatever from a cliff face, F1 them for a magebane tether and jump and glide off a cliff. Watch as they get pulled to their death :)Do not deploy glider until they get pulled so it's faster because if you glide straight away it takes a little time for the pull at range to activate.PS - all credit to Hadi for showing me this :)

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:A few years ago I tried to make a silly trolling build on Revenant. It used all nomad gear and its sole purpose was just to annoy people running back to a zerg by constantly CCing them. Unfortunately, Forced Engagement eventually got that stupid cooldown and Sword #5 was changed so it didn't pull enemies anymore. I'm thinking of recreating it with Spellbreaker since they have Magebane Tether, plus all that nice core warrior CC.

If you own HoT and have sbreaker/gliding/owned territory, do this - if someone is cata'ing your tower or whatever from a cliff face, F1 them for a magebane tether and jump and glide off a cliff. Watch as they get pulled to their death :)Do not deploy glider until they get pulled so it's faster because if you glide straight away it takes a little time for the pull at range to activate.

Lol, nice. Thanks for the tip.

I'm not sure as I haven't tested yet, but maybe it's possible to do on other classes with the same tether/pull mechanic. The reason it works well with sbreaker is because the pull is not manual and activated by range. You have to also make sure they don't have something like stability, or you have to remove it before doing this.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

If you own HoT and have sbreaker/gliding/owned territory, do this - if someone is cata'ing your tower or whatever from a cliff face, F1 them for a magebane tether and jump and glide off a cliff. Watch as they get pulled to their death :)Do not deploy glider until they get pulled so it's faster because if you glide straight away it takes a little time for the pull at range to activate.PS - all credit to Hadi for showing me this :)

Great tip!You can actually do this with necro too!

Spectral pull before jumping off the edge!

And with necro, even in enemy territory you can juke with spectral walk!

Spectral walk -> spectral pull -> jump off edge -> enemy falls off edge with you -> spectral recall back onto cliff

For fun.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodncMAdOgF5C+4CM5iFDAroSWEDD3j6W9sOIAsAOAA-jVyHQBLRJ2AeAAlVtCAcCAC3+DMUJY30D4OVV+nyDSBUlkN-w

You can win outnumbered fights because no-one has a clue how strong the dagger duel skills are or their tells till they get hit for 7k with plasma burst followed by 8k+ drakes breath because if a rev can have 25 might why can't ele?

@"apharma.3741" said:For fun.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodncMAdOgF5C+4CM5iFDAroSWEDD3j6W9sOIAsAOAA-jVyHQBLRJ2AeAAlVtCAcCAC3+DMUJY30D4OVV+nyDSBUlkN-w

You can win outnumbered fights because no-one has a clue how strong the dagger duel skills are or their tells till they get hit for 7k with plasma burst followed by 8k+ drakes breath because if a rev can have 25 might why can't ele?

This is an interesting variant of what I run. I go more for conditions than boon duration, but this looks really good. I might have to try this.

@CETheLucid.3964 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:For fun.

This is an interesting variant of what I run. I go more for conditions than boon duration, but this looks really good. I might have to try this.

The main damage comes from drakes breath and plasma burst and it also relies on stacking crit increases to do this. A good set up is to go from e/x to a/e to get grinding stones and use that to close distance without taking too much damage (also got magetic wave and invuln available) when swap is up land lightning touch that gives you fury and the enemy weakness and swap in cast to f/a hit plasma burst at 80% crit chance and drakes breath to follow and you'll chunk off more than half an enemies health easily enough. You can also use gale to make sure everything hits if they don't have a stunbreak and you get the bonus 280 power and 120 ferocity to make things hit hard.

The investment in boon duration is to essentially keep high to perma fury, vigor and protection, your main sustain comes from the combo of barrier on dodge, protection to make it go further as well as healing on element swap and steam surge with blasting by always swapping to air during steam surge. Main source of cleansing comes from focus, dodging in water and going into fire for fire aura and detonating it if needed but you need weave self up for that off the sunspot trait.

Archived