Daredevil steal nerf

Moirg.7560

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Moirg.7560 said:I get you guys want there to be 'tradeoffs' in e specs but the 50% CD and more importantly, 600 range nerf to steal was completely unnecessary.

Daredevil dp burst is pmuch gutted as result.

U really shoulda posted in the thief forum.most of the community dislikes thief as a class and want it deleted/gutted. Ull just get replies like the nerf wasn't enough and that the class is still a op class with infinite stealth,infinite teleports,infinite ini to infinitely spam skills that all one shot any class and cant be hit due to infinite dodges that have no punishable evade frames. Did I get it right?

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Moirg.7560" said:I get you guys want there to be 'tradeoffs' in e specs but the 50% CD and more importantly, 600 range nerf to steal was completely unnecessary.

U really shoulda posted in the thief forum.most of the community dislikes thief as a class and want it deleted/gutted. Ull just get replies like the nerf wasn't enough and that the class is still a op class with infinite stealth,infinite teleports,infinite ini to infinitely spam skills that all one shot any class and cant be hit due to infinite dodges that have no punishable evade frames. Did I get it right?

no that sounds like a mirage.

thief is like has 3 dodges then is a 1 shot for any classhits like a wet noodlehas zero sustain cant fight any1 equally "skilled" in a 1v1is a pussy character that will always pick on you while ur fighting 1v1 with some1 else.

all in all thief pretty damn good at nothing :D

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Moirg.7560 said:I get you guys want there to be 'tradeoffs' in e specs but the 50% CD and more importantly, 600 range nerf to steal was completely unnecessary.

You miss the part that they combine the traits , that removes condtion and get a Healing Signet with each dodge with 1 sec cd :P

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Yeah I didnt mention the damage mitigation that amounts and useless healing values that amount to zero noticeable difference in a fight with damage creep of today lmao.they may as well remove the traits as I'd make no difference

For some reason if they put a 5 sec cd , you will whine later one :pensive:Let me print schreen ts conversation for later :P

Losing 600 range is pretty huge, but baseline unblockable is also huge. With standard trickery traits, this now gives it the only instant unblockable interrupt that also ignores stability that I can think of. Of course basi venom is a thing but that is much less reliable due to the long cast to prep the venom and this way you can have unblockable with daggerstorm at the same time. This can be used as an on demand interrupt against all the channeled blocks found across most classes which can be huge. Shield stance, echo of memory, shock shield, warding rift, even full counter and many more all get shut down instantly by swipe regardless of stability presence which is a totally unique and powerful quality swipe now has. We'll see if anything comes of this or if 600 range loss is too much, but I think it's too early to write it off as trash.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Losing 600 range is pretty huge, but baseline unblockable is also huge. With standard trickery traits, this now gives it the only instant unblockable interrupt that also ignores stability that I can think of. Of course basi venom is a thing but that is much less reliable due to the long cast to prep the venom and this way you can have unblockable with daggerstorm at the same time. This can be used as an on demand interrupt against all the channeled blocks found across most classes which can be huge. Shield stance, echo of memory, shock shield, warding rift, even full counter and many more all get shut down instantly by swipe regardless of stability presence which is a totally unique and powerful quality swipe now has. We'll see if anything comes of this or if 600 range loss is too much, but I think it's too early to write it off as trash.

The issue is unblockable was uneeded. Steal already removed aegis 100%. So really its only use now is for channeled blocks which you simply just wait to end. All in all a stupid change.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Losing 600 range is pretty huge, but baseline unblockable is also huge. With standard trickery traits, this now gives it the only instant unblockable interrupt that also ignores stability that I can think of. Of course basi venom is a thing but that is much less reliable due to the long cast to prep the venom and this way you can have unblockable with daggerstorm at the same time. This can be used as an on demand interrupt against all the channeled blocks found across most classes which can be huge. Shield stance, echo of memory, shock shield, warding rift, even full counter and many more all get shut down instantly by swipe regardless of stability presence which is a totally unique and powerful quality swipe now has. We'll see if anything comes of this or if 600 range loss is too much, but I think it's too early to write it off as trash.

Why would a thief want to interrupt any of those channeled blocks, as opposed to waiting it out and then interrupt the heal that will inevitably follow?

@reddie.5861 said:

@"Moirg.7560" said:I get you guys want there to be 'tradeoffs' in e specs but the 50% CD and more importantly, 600 range nerf to steal was completely unnecessary.

thief is like has 3 dodges then is a 1 shot for any classhits like a wet noodlehas zero sustain cant fight any1 equally "skilled" in a 1v1is a kitten character that will always pick on you while ur fighting 1v1 with some1 else.

all in all thief pretty kitten good at nothing :D

Yeah I will have to disagree.

hits like a wet noodle? It has some of the highest burst damage0 sustain? If you dont utilize the mobility offered by the class then yes (and also means you need to learn to play it). It does have sustain.The last part is natural for any class that can hot fast and hard...its not exclusive to DrD

Anyone who thinks thief sustain is broken has no idea how thief works. Yeah it's annoying, but very unforgiving; you can play perfect vs any class for large timeframes, but then if you make one minor mistake you're dead.

Oh and you're constantly running away from anything you fight so sustained damage isnt great either. Thief is high risk high reward, and the nerf to steal was uncalled for, putting the thief at higher risk for the same reward.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

thief is like has 3 dodges then is a 1 shot for any classhits like a wet noodlehas zero sustain cant fight any1 equally "skilled" in a 1v1is a kitten character that will always pick on you while ur fighting 1v1 with some1 else.

hits like a wet noodle? It has some of the highest burst damage0 sustain? If you dont utilize the mobility offered by the class then yes (and also means you need to learn to play it). It does have sustain.The last part is natural for any class that can hot fast and hard...its not exclusive to DrD

Lmao at this^ burst no it really doesn't.mbs requiring enough stealth to position and doesnt even proc reliably. And than other scenario a class stands there while u vault spam on it all while not using any dodges,blocks etc lol. All dagger hits aside from bs are garbage, heartseeker is okish if enemies low health,sword-wet noodle dps,bow is utility but wet noodle,riffle burst is ok if rest of build sucks.u can literally go ham on classes with thief using dagger or sword and if ur not bs their laughing.and yea it's easy for a non thief player to say thiefs sustains great cuz u just have to avoid every hit with its great mobility lmao. Just like a mesmer should lose all blocks and teleports because it can make clones and that should be enough sustain,no?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

It really doesnt. Even the cheesy oneshot stealth build (which only works in WvW, and goes all-in on the cheese) still only oneshots half the classes. A good burst class, like say Power Shatter, can oneshot all classes while not going full cheese. And no, its sustain is bad. The mobility it has is almost entirely centralized on out-of-combat skills, and sword 2, which is highly predictable. It also doesnt save you from instant hit condi bombs.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

.and yea it's easy for a non thief player to say thiefs sustains great cuz u just have to avoid every hit with its great mobility lmao.

Man, people assume too much in these forums when trying to be smart and make points. When did I say (or not say) that I am a "non thief player"?

FYI, I used to main thief for a couple years and currently co main it.

What else ya got kid?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

.and yea it's easy for a non thief player to say thiefs sustains great cuz u just have to avoid every hit with its great mobility lmao.

Man, people assume too much in these forums when trying to be smart and make points. When did I say (or not say) that I am a "non thief player"?

What else ya got kid?

Yeah used to is main worf-kid? Lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

What else ya got kid?

Yeah used to is main worf-kid? Lol

again kid...i currently co main it meaning I still play it.

I burst harder these days on my rev,holo,guard(RI hurt) and soulbeast all while hitting harder with my standard skills and having far more sustain in fight with more traited sustain,sustain from skill and utility on all of them and I dont even play them as much. Thiefs overall burst capabilities in correlation with its unforgiving playstyle (sustain thru dodging) if u miss a dodge u done is far behind the powercrept classes of today. Wouldn't be so bad if arenanet nerfed half the classes hard in dps and sustain but that isn't gonna ever happen.

While I still don't think that daredevil needed this change, I must say that you "main" thiefs should get over it and just do a minor change to your rotation as daredevil. Unlike steal, Swipe just isn't a gap closer, however used properly in fight it's very powerfull. It give the daredevil a lot more CC pressure in melee fight.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:While I still don't think that daredevil needed this change, I must say that you "main" thiefs should get over it and just do a minor change to your rotation as daredevil. Unlike steal, Swipe just isn't a gap closer, however used properly in fight it's very powerfull. It give the daredevil a lot more CC pressure in melee fight.

I dont really play the class anymore since last few months,gues just hoped it be improved in patch and am disappointed but ur right its point less to complain really.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:While I still don't think that daredevil needed this change, I must say that you "main" thiefs should get over it and just do a minor change to your rotation as daredevil. Unlike
steal
Swipe
just isn't a gap closer, however used properly in fight it's very powerfull. It give the daredevil a lot more CC pressure in melee fight.

I dont really play the class anymore since last few months,gues just hoped it be improved in patch and am disappointed but ur right its point less to complain really.

My point is more that people should first try to adapt and get a feel for it instead of just blindly looking at the mobility nerf. Yes, it's a mobility nerf but it's also a control buff which promote a different playstyle and open some very interesting possibilities. Focusing blindly on what is lost is definitely the wrong way to look at the change and unfortunately it's what the vocal thief community does. Thiefs rotations aren't that complicated moving the swipe from the opener spot to a strategic CC spot is easy.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:While I still don't think that daredevil needed this change, I must say that you "main" thiefs should get over it and just do a minor change to your rotation as daredevil. Unlike steal, Swipe just isn't a gap closer, however used properly in fight it's very powerfull. It give the daredevil a lot more CC pressure in melee fight.

It isnt. It literally has one (not two, not three, one) use case where it has any advantage. Channeled blocks. And my question is, do you ever want to interrpt a channeled block? The answer is no.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:While I still don't think that daredevil needed this change, I must say that you "main" thiefs should get over it and just do a minor change to your rotation as daredevil. Unlike
steal
Swipe
just isn't a gap closer, however used properly in fight it's very powerfull. It give the daredevil a lot more CC pressure in melee fight.

My point is more that people should first try to adapt and get a feel for it instead of just blindly looking at the mobility nerf. Yes, it's a mobility nerf but it's also a control buff which promote a different playstyle and open some very interesting possibilities. Focusing blindly on what is lost is definitely the wrong way to look at the change and unfortunately it's what the vocal thief community does. Thiefs rotations aren't that complicated moving the
swipe
from the opener spot to a strategic CC spot is easy.

I get that for sure. I tried for about an hr and half last night and didnt notice neither better dps or sustain,just that steal is worse so as a whole DD feels like it's a worse brawler than it was

Archived