Player housing like the movie Fantastic Beasts.

Here is a way Anet could add player housing to the game. In the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them the main character has a suit case that he can go inside of and it opens to a huge world! You would always have your house with you. We could visit each others houses. It could serve as a personal achievement place. Maybe while inside our mounts are running around. Now it would make sense from where our mount magically appears from. Anet could do player housing in this way if they choose. It wouldn't take up any map geography.

I support this. While we do have the little ADL thing, it only allows 5 people at once, and is an instance. I was thinking more like a guild hall, but scaled down, mechanics-wise. Though given how the races have converged, I'm not sure if it should be a single type of map for everyone, or each race has their own, or if other personal story factors should factor in...

They could make a lot more money if they capitalized on player homes and the customization thereof.

Being limited to only inviting party members while within a city is a bit restrictive.

It would be nice if you could put down a home teleporter anywhere that stays up until you leave your home, players can enter and leave at will.

A dialogue option on usage, like the Boss Teleportation Device, could allow you to set who may enter - such as setting it to friends, party, squad, guild, or everyone. To those whom you do not permit access, the teleporter would be invisible.

If you have added someone as a friend (mutually,) you could enter their home as long as they are within it & have it set up, by right-clicking their name in your Friend List. Same goes for inviting to your home.

Overall I think these improvements would pave the way to interesting other players into getting their own.

--

They could sell custom instances with different themes. It would also be nice to be able to place furniture and interactive objects at your own discretion. Some of these could be rewards from playing, others from the gem store.

Between the instances, props, and the home unlock item itself, I feel this would provide sufficient revenue in contrast to the development time required to make this happen.

Personal homes would make home instances obsolete (its technically your house). The thing you miss is furniture/decoration you can add yourself. But at same time you can find some furniture in home instance already (Hoelbrak being a good example). I personally don't miss this. We already have a guild hall for this (and scribes are present over there). Played games with personal housing as well but in truth I never really enterred it a lot as I would be actually playing the game (only incentive to go there was to dump materials in a chest storage but gw handles storage much better already).

What about opening up the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments_Portal_Stone to all and letting us decorate it like we decorate guildhalls? There's a lot of empty space to work with, the only difference is for those who linked their GW1 accounts they would have the npcs and HoM pets in there too. You could even implement an invite system like home instances for party members just those who don't have their own GW1 linked HoM can't tame your HoM reward pets or buy things from Kimmes in there.Just an alternative suggestion as I have seen some people's home instances and they're already far too crowded with Hylek and Nodes.