WvW main looking for advise on Big Game Hunting in PvE

Hi PvE experts, I have been a WvW main for the past 6 years and would like to seek your counsel on Big Game Hunting in PvE.

Big Game Hunting = Hunting for high value drops worth a few hundred to a few thousand gold.

I used to be a big game hunter in Runescape, fighting bosses that dropped high value items like the Godswords and Draconic Visage worth tens to hundreds of millions gold each.I liked the thrill of finding high value loot drops.

I am thinking of doing some PvE Big Game Hunting now and would like to ask if you guys can help list down the events/bosses/areas that has a chance to drop high value items.Can be a few hundred gold or a few thousand gold each.Personally I dislike farming greens/blues/yellows/orange for mats and I'm not interested in pinks either so...it has to be a big value drop!

Currently I am only familiar with TD and AB meta for the Chak Infusion and Auric Infusion which I've started to do more often.

Are there other events/bosses that I should be aware of?

Kill the treasure mushrooms daily. There is 5 of them, and each one has a chance to drop an invisible boot box. Those sell for 2500 to 3500 gold each. There's more in Dragon's Stand, but you need to complete the map meta (takes 1 hour) and you can't always get a group together to do it.

Also, if you have spare materials/currencies, use those to buy ascended amulets and salvage them. They have a chance to salvage a drop that sells for 1000 gold. Also, if you can do fractals, try and do CM100 daily. It, too, has a chance to drop a celestial infusion for 400 gold. Good luck getting there, though, because CM100 is incredibly difficult, requiring both a lot of PVE skill and also a lot of experience because of elitist community demands.

A few other notable drops include the Pendant of Arah, Sam, and All-Seeing. Those ones aren't hunted that much, because the randomness of their timing makes them difficult to hunt for.

There's a few more infusions that are pretty rare, including the Preserved Queen Bee and the Festive Confetti Infusion .

If you drop down to a few hundred gold per drop, there's several minis in that range, including the mini Fire Djinn and the mini Junundu Wurm , although those have come down in price a lot since ANet reworked the Path of Fire rewards.

The latest living story map also offers a couple of very rare drops (an infusion and a set of charr cultural helmets ), but the meta involved isn't everyone's cup of tea, as it relies much more on minigame mechanics than fighting.

If you are specifically looking for bosses to hunt, there are a few more in addition to the ones mentioned above required for the treasure hunter collection that are similar in price. You can always check the wiki for current trading post prices to see if anything has changed.

@"Rasimir.6239" said:There's a few more infusions that are pretty rare, including the Preserved Queen Bee and the Festive Confetti Infusion .

If you drop down to a few hundred gold per drop, there's several minis in that range, including the mini Fire Djinn and the mini Junundu Wurm , although those have come down in price a lot since ANet reworked the Path of Fire rewards.

The latest living story map also offers a couple of very rare drops (an infusion and a set of charr cultural helmets ), but the meta involved isn't everyone's cup of tea, as it relies much more on minigame mechanics than fighting.

If you are specifically looking for bosses to hunt, there are a few more in addition to the ones mentioned above required for the treasure hunter collection that are similar in price. You can always check the wiki for current trading post prices to see if anything has changed.

I tried some of the events in the new map and it wasn't really my cup of tea.I am planning to buy the 4 legion keys for the daily khan ur chest though.Would you think it is worth buying those keys at the current prices?

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:There's a few more infusions that are pretty rare, including the
and the

If you drop down to a few hundred gold per drop, there's several minis in that range, including the mini
and the mini
, although those have come down in price a lot since ANet reworked the Path of Fire rewards.

The latest living story map also offers a couple of very rare drops (an
and a set of
), but the meta involved isn't everyone's cup of tea, as it relies much more on minigame mechanics than fighting.

If you are specifically looking for bosses to hunt, there are a few more in addition to the ones mentioned above required for the
that are similar in price. You can always check the wiki for current trading post prices to see if anything has changed.

I tried some of the events in the new map and it wasn't really my cup of tea.I am planning to buy the 4 legion keys for the daily khan ur chest though.Would you think it is worth buying those keys at the current prices?

Oh no, definitely not. The odds are terrible and you're limited to one chance a day, that's why the item is so expensive.

The chest contents are one legion key and the two rares (maybe one exotic) that you get from it. So in total it's worth on average about 1g 50s or so. The keys cost over twice that.

It's garbage.

Infusions and the invisible shoes are the obvious candidates if you're going for the thousands of gold drops.
In the next tier of about 100-1000g you have plenty of options. In addition to the ones mentioned already:

Branded eye of Argon Shield still has a pretty high list price @ about 800g.The Path of Fire Music Boxes are worth a few hundred gold.Path of Fire named warbeast armor (search "of the cavalier")Mini awakened abomination. Shadhavar and the djinn are down in the 100-200g range.Lightward battlestaff

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"Rasimir.6239" said:There's a few more infusions that are pretty rare, including the
and the

If you drop down to a few hundred gold per drop, there's several minis in that range, including the mini
and the mini
, although those have come down in price a lot since ANet reworked the Path of Fire rewards.

The latest living story map also offers a couple of very rare drops (an
and a set of
), but the meta involved isn't everyone's cup of tea, as it relies much more on minigame mechanics than fighting.

If you are specifically looking for bosses to hunt, there are a few more in addition to the ones mentioned above required for the
that are similar in price. You can always check the wiki for current trading post prices to see if anything has changed.

I mean, it seems pretty logical that if it was "worth it to buy the keys", someone (or multiple of "someones") would buy them out for profit. Automatically the pice would rise and it would stop being worth it.

Also if you expect to do a few bosses/events and get a super rare drop, then prepare to be disappointed. If it was so easy, none of those items would cost this much.

• Confused 1