WvW crashes — Guild Wars 2 Forums

WvW crashes

Fighting FSP and WSR groups in ebg and both us (Deso) and FSP crash, WSR do not crash, happened twice now.

Resident sleeper of Desolation & Blackgate
Formerly of IRON HB AH now RPing stronk with FROG
Sorry if you're a commander and fallen victim to my pew pew snipe along with others in raids.

Comments

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2019

Same here, everyone's been crashing at random tonight.

• Hannelore.8153Hannelore.8153 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2019

Crashing every few minutes in WvW, and sometimes in PvE if I change the new menu UI options.

It seems to be weapon hiding, capes, and the UI changes potentially causing it, looks like they skipped testing this time. Its a shame because it looked to be a really high quality patch outside of the bad QA, which is becoming crippling.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀

• Doo Lally.8594Doo Lally.8594 Member ✭✭✭

4 times in SMC over the last hr - not a great experience. But hey, we got capes so that's cool.

• Doo Lally.8594Doo Lally.8594 Member ✭✭✭

...and now 5 - GG

• Yep, 4 crashes in the last hour. TC/YB/NSP matchup.

• And again. Unplayable.

Hannah | Daisuki[SUKI] Founder, Ehmry Bay (formerly Jade Quarry) | Mains Mariyuuna/Tempest & Terakura/Spellbreaker | ♀♥♀

• anonymous.7812anonymous.7812 Member ✭✭✭

Repeated crashes fighting the same group. Last crash half of us delayed crash until after trying to waypoint.

• Crashes as well in wvw, haven't seen it happen in pve, but after 5 crashes in wvw in an hour, I've just given up for the day, seems like lately whenever we get an update for the game, wvw is kitten for that day.

edited December 4, 2019

@Roamer.3259 said:
    Crashes as well in wvw, haven't seen it happen in pve, but after 5 crashes in wvw in an hour, I've just given up for the day, seems like lately whenever we get an update for the game, wvw is kitten for that day.

Have you tried playing around with any of the new features in PvE, like weapon hiding?

A dev said it was build template related, so I'm guessing its the change that split build PvP/WvW template selection from PvE. If that's true, then it should only happen when entering or playing in competitive modes, or potentially when exiting to PvE.

• I've been playing WvW tonight and thought I would keep some times of when we are crashing. I ran with [DED] tonight, on Borlis Pass. All times in CST.

9:37pm; nearly entire squad crashed (40ish ppl), at durios.
    9:53pm; 5 ppl crashed, at durios
    9:54pm; many people crashed, all over map and across servers
    10:07pm; at duri, about to bomb [GAL]
    10:12pm, 20ppl crashed, was around durios
    10:28pm, 2/3rds of JQ's squad crashed, [KnT]'s driver crashed. All of us were fine.
    10:41pm, half crashed. THEN I crashed after (at QL).
    10:48pm, KnT commander crashed (at QL)
    10:50pm, everyone in squad crashed (SMC lords)

Before I started writing things down, [KnT] crashed both in SMC lords and in SWT redbl. Friends on Mag crashing as well. I noticed a lot of times we crashed was right before we bombed the other group, or right after a fight ended. Hope this helps.

@Megs.2986 said:
    I've been playing WvW tonight and thought I would keep some times of when we are crashing. I ran with [DED] tonight, on Borlis Pass. All times in CST.

9:37pm; nearly entire squad crashed (40ish ppl), at durios.
    9:53pm; 5 ppl crashed, at durios
    9:54pm; many people crashed, all over map and across servers
    10:07pm; at duri, about to bomb [GAL]
    10:12pm, 20ppl crashed, was around durios
    10:28pm, 2/3rds of JQ's squad crashed, [KnT]'s driver crashed. All of us were fine.
    10:41pm, half crashed. THEN I crashed after (at QL).
    10:48pm, KnT commander crashed (at QL)
    10:50pm, everyone in squad crashed (SMC lords)

Before I started writing things down, [KnT] crashed both in SMC lords and in SWT redbl. Friends on Mag crashing as well. I noticed a lot of times we crashed was right before we bombed the other group, or right after a fight ended. Hope this helps.

Honestly I'm a bit upset at how much this is screwing up the matchup, your stats are even worse than I expected.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

Try turning off and then back on your router rofl ;-)

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

edited December 4, 2019

Okay I did some more tests:

• It seems to be combat related, as just idling around doesn't cause it.
    • It seems to be related to the presence of other players somehow as well: It doesn't happen in maps without other players, for example in home instance, guild hall, or WvW maps like Desert Borderlands or EoTM.
    • It may not be exclusive to WvW: I had it happen once in Mistlock Sanctuary.
    • Sometimes changing the dynamic HUD options instantly crashes the game with the same error as the WvW crash.

Overall, it seems to be WvW blobs that trigger it the most, almost immediately when they start using attacks. Its like when someone in the fight goes into combat mode, it corrupts the game's state or something. I'm just guessing here, though.

It also doesn't happen to everyone, some people I've asked have said they're completely immune.

edited December 4, 2019

It's not just blobs, I was roaming Late last night and some of us were crashing constantly, but not the other server.

• Lots of collective crashing last night in our group as well (at least 4 group crashes occurred over 2-2.5 hours before I gave in and logged out for the night). Also had it happen twice with no blobs around while swapping equipment loadout tabs (at least one of these was a group crash; second happened this morning in a dead map while I was at spawn).

• crashed twice in wvw yesterday. Both times in smc.
    Crashed in Bjora Marches yesterday, doing meta
    Crashed in Bjora today, just flapping around on skyscale.

This is... really bad.

• yup, in gvg and the other guild started crashing

• Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭✭

Crashed twice already just standing in Armistice Bastion

Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

• Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

Three crashes in WvW while fighting in about four hours. Last one sent me into another game for a while.

• @Hannelore.8153 said:

@Roamer.3259 said:
    Crashes as well in wvw, haven't seen it happen in pve, but after 5 crashes in wvw in an hour, I've just given up for the day, seems like lately whenever we get an update for the game, wvw is kitten for that day.

Have you tried playing around with any of the new features in PvE, like weapon hiding?

A dev said it was build template related, so I'm guessing its the change that split build PvP/WvW template selection from PvE. If that's true, then it should only happen when entering or playing in competitive modes, or potentially when exiting to PvE.

I logged on again later an whenever I'm near a decent sized group, idle or fighting the game crashes for me. (wvw, bastion, rata sum, la)
    As for the new hud features, hadn't touched em or care to, as for weapon hiding I use it to hide my shield so my warbringer doesnt keep poofing in and out of existence, which I've already thought was the problem an switched it back to normal but still got some crashes.

edited December 5, 2019

The crashes seemed to stop after constant crashing earlier on during prime time, must of been this though: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/93581/update-on-hiding-stowed-weapons#latest

edited December 5, 2019

It seems they've only fixed one crash out of several. I'm no longer crashing out of WvW at least, but now in Mistlock Sanctuary.

EDIT: Its seems like other hidden items such as headpieces can still crash it.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

same here had 3 dsc's in the last 45min. playing on abaddon.

Why bother, just delete the official Forum.

• brakheart.1407brakheart.1407 Member
    edited December 6, 2019

Happened to me and my guild as well two days ago (Baruch Bay matchup against Riverside and SFR). Somehow it never happened to Riverside or SFR.
    And now I just into the game, literally took 10 steps in my mount and boom, crashed again (twice)
    https://imgur.com/5l2Rt4l

• Lottie.5370Lottie.5370 Member ✭✭✭

This happened quite a bit on Piken a couple of weeks ago too. Us and one other server were crashing, but Gandara weren't.

• so many mass crashes now, please anet fix this.