Thief exploiting Warclaw bug

MarkBecks.6453

I have been fighting 2 thieves at our camp Mendons Gap in EB, and at one stage their were 5 of us trying to kill these 2 permanent stealth thieves which seems to be back again. The problem however is one of the thieves kept mounting Warclaw then running onto a player and instantly downing him with a maul, so somehow this exploit has slipped through the cracks, as that skill was toned down to 1635 damage, not being able to instantly kill a player. I am unsure if anyone else can shed some light on this, as this is clearly not backstab, and these are both thieves, not deadeyes.

Thief are stupidly op in wvw atm, especially the condi variants. They can more or less insta reset from fights so are able to mount warclaw, doubt it's a bug. Unless you are a thief or a rev (sometimes) it is nigh impossible to chase a thief, they will just inflict condis that last for a long time, shadowstep, rifle port, stealth to reset and come back to finish off. Anway for roaming thief is the best.

If its an exploit I'm guessing its passive procs on the initial maul or something, maybe a macro to do rapid attacks exactly when the dismount occur, though I really fail to see how it would be of that much use:

• The leap is obvious, dodge it if you are on foot
  • If you are mounted... You got more dodges than on foot.
  • Dismount the thief before he dismount you

Once they are on foot... Well they're just regular thieves arent they?

@Dawdler.8521 said:If its an exploit I'm guessing its passive procs on the initial maul or something, maybe a macro to do rapid attacks exactly when the dismount occur, though I really fail to see how it would be of that much use:

• The leap is obvious, dodge it if you are on foot
  • If you are mounted... You got more dodges than on foot.
  • Dismount the thief before he dismount you

Once they are on foot... Well they're just regular thieves arent they?

I wonder if the sigils and maybe a signet is causing the higher damage. Much like Aegis works while mounted, and one of the runes (maybe?) gives Bonus health to its Mount also?

High dmg from mount has been available since the release, it's just never talked about even though brought up several times, it gets ignored. You just have to get creative and have a bit of imagination on how to pull it off. Several people have uploaded videos showcasing this, though some have been deleted from youtube it seems (by the uploader). It needs no clarification, but it's still possible to pull off. I'm just surprised people are deciding to talk about it now as if it was never around before like it's something new. And yes, there are ways to do it outside of combat to do a spike. People shouldn't honestly care about this at this stage since not every tom, blip and harry is doing it (not to mention everyone ignored it when it was brought up beforehand, why is it an issue only now?) - or maybe we should just remove the finisher which would be a better idea.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I wonder if the sigils and maybe a signet is causing the higher damage. Much like Aegis works while mounted, and one of the runes (maybe?) gives Bonus health to its Mount also?

You have the wrong class. It's heralds with sigils of leeching and hydromancy on equiped weapon, running strength runes with facet of darkness and strength on.

@Blind.4162 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:

You have the wrong class. It's heralds with sigils of leeching and hydromancy on equiped weapon, running strength runes with facet of darkness and strength on.

That may be an issue as well. As the OP was noting ‘Thief’ I was trying to keep it to that class available skills.

Like the active https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Signet

Andhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Agility

These would both boost the damage of the pounce, and with some sigils, maybe that would put it high enough to be an issue.