Stealth should keep/put players into Combat

Straegen.2938

Is stealth not nerfed enough in WvW?

Towers with upgrades reduce stealth to 2s making it a no go area for a lot of thief/mesmer builds.Sentries mark you for the same effect and they're all over the place.There's stealth traps to place revealed on players.The amount of reveal that is easily accessible across the board (as in on skills or traits that aren't bad) with few classes/builds not having a viable option.

I get that perma stealth BS builds like DE.....yeah pretty much just DE exist and they're annoying but stealth as a mechanic in WvW is way behind many other problems like:Warclaw warping the game mode and role balance.The bonkers power creep.Bandwagoning all over the place.Roles and scaling between classes is terrible.Those classes that DO rely on stealth are not viable in most of the game mode, large scale fights while those that are good in large scale are also decent in small scale.

Edit: To be clear here, the problem is Deadeye almost exclusively.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:I don't know how to fix stealth. I do know it is the reason I stopped playing WvW. Either run with the zerg or get killed by an enemy I never saw and had no time to counter if I decided to roam on my own. Learn to play is one thing but you can't learn to play when you're taken down in 2 seconds or less when an enemy literally appears while unloading on you. It's a game mode for elites only now in my opinion.

Just curious, but what paths of travel do you usually take? Are you out in the open most of the time or travelling in areas that are favourite haunts for one shot classes? Are you in border maps mostly or around eb map? I just want to get a better idea where people are getting these confrontations.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:I don't know how to fix stealth. I do know it is the reason I stopped playing WvW. Either run with the zerg or get killed by an enemy I never saw and had no time to counter if I decided to roam on my own. Learn to play is one thing but you can't learn to play when you're taken down in 2 seconds or less when an enemy literally appears while unloading on you. It's a game mode for elites only now in my opinion.

Just curious, but what paths of travel do you usually take? Are you out in the open most of the time or travelling in areas that are favourite haunts for one shot classes? Are you in border maps mostly or around eb map? I just want to get a better idea where people are getting these confrontations.

I'm usually out in the open honestly but I try to stick to less conspicuous areas when I go into enemy controlled territory. I prefer border maps.