Trying elementalist, what weapons should I use?

JekthAvid.1408

I use dual-dagger, personally, but note I'm pretty much exclusively open world and not a level 80 elementalist yet. Core is hardly a solid representation of what does or doesn't work.But as to the reason I like dual-dagger, extreme mobility and constantly switching my attunements so I'm not caught waiting on cooldowns makes for a very engaging play style.

@JekthAvid.1408 said:Title basically says it all. I'm leveling an elementals right now and I'd like to know what weapons you like, whether they're fun, powerful, or both!

Dagger/x all the way! There's something about melee builds on ele that are just so much fun to play!

Focus offhand is a defensive powerhouse. It gives you invulnerability, reflect, area projectile block, cleansing, and strong, ranged single-target CC. If you're struggling with survival, this is an excellent compliment to dagger mainhand.

Dagger offhand is more offensive than focus. It gives you stronger area damage, area CC, better mobility, and a moderate heal plus cleanse.

If you end up liking dagger for leveling, try sword (weaver) when you reach 80! It's really fun to play and quite powerful and versatile. I am loving it!

Sword is still really good and quite fun once you have the hang of it, but it's a bit slower in terms of pace. Dagger is more fun, and arguably in a better position right now although personally I'd say they're about equal for PvP/WvW roaming. Do try a dagger offhand though, the damage/healing/mobility is great. Focus is great too, but less fun imo.

Open world w/e, d/d has prolly highest mobilityPvE idcsPvP d/fc WeaverWvW Staff for zerging, d/fc roaming.

You can also check things like core d/d in roaming/spvp but its slightly worse than d/fc. Playstyle for connoisseurs. Wouldnt recommend sword for pvp purposes, dagger MH is just better, end of story. The only thing it lacks is teleport (sword air 2). Its playable, but kinda masochistic compared to other builds (LR Weaver).

I liked scepter + dagger personally. Still use it even on weaver. However Elementalist is my least used alt, and I do nothing much with it other than dailies or the one or the other heart/event maybe dungeon or heropoints. So I haven't put too much thought in it yet. I remember trying most of the weapons even sword on weaver. In the end I alternated staff and scepter/dagger. However on staff i do not like the skills too much and i barely use it, scepter + dagger all the way therefore.

I am pretty fond of the remade glyphs, being able to have an army of four can be quite significant. Using glyphs and a staff is a great way to get group content done when there's not enough help around.

Since elementalist can weapon swap out of combat, you can carry a staff (for those situations where it's best to stay at range) and something more melee oriented, I personally love dual daggers. Scepter just never really impressed me, though.

@JekthAvid.1408 said:Title basically says it all. I'm leveling an elementals right now and I'd like to know what weapons you like, whether they're fun, powerful, or both!Depends on your playing either PvE or PvP... depends on your having HoT/PoF expansions...

No expansions or lvl < 80 :Core Vanilla Dual Daggers is powerful and funny with great mobility.IMHO staff is way too slow for solo games, but still good for boss who stand still or teamplay.

Expansions + lvl80 :Weaver Sword / Dagger is still good and funny, not the most easiest way though.Tempest Scepter / Warhorn does good as well, but not as funny as Weaver.