[Poll] Weapon for the next Engineer Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

@MrForz.1953 said:

@Frozen.7245 said:YES! I've been hoping for a Golemancer spec since I made my first Asura! Each expansion comes out and I'm disappointed to see it hasn't been done yet. I mean, imagine it. They could have you do a quest line, where you have to get the things to make whichever engineered companion you want, and maybe use it like a ranger would... where you could give it commands and each thing would have a unique skill. Maybe a companion that could double as a mount for Engineers only could also be neat.

I personally think that golemancer would be a gigantic disappointment, for several reasons.

The last elite spec, holosmith, was already heavily Asuran flavored, so I don't see a reason why they should give us another Asuran themed elite spec again.

It's asuran in a very, very small part, holosmithing is a zephyrite thing, and wielded as weapons by engineers. Beyond that, there's indeed zero reason, or incentive for Golemancer to be a thing. The underwhelming fantasy of a watered down MM Necromancer and the specs being expansion lore-based rule it out outright.

Lore-wise you are right, it is stated that holosmithing is an invention that came from experimenting with the magical zephyrite crystals.But aesthetically, holosmith is still obviously Asuran flavoured.

Anet even stated themselves that they designed the whole visuals of holosmith around Asuran aesthetics, while scrapper is using Charr aesthetics and visuals.Hence why I think that another spec with Asuran aesthetics is not really needed, I would prefer to go in the chemistry or biotech direction next, since this would actually provide a new elite spec aesthetic, unlike golemancer.

• 1 month later...

@"Slyven.8637" said:Hmm, I'm thinking, not a new weapon but the ability to swap weapons, and new kits, like the ones you always see in events or temporary items that are a hoot to shoot.haha, thought of a funny idea, the new elite be a random weapons crate drop where people grab something and it can be all kinds of odd weaponry.And make the engineers "healing" ability be something like a frost cannon, similar to the flamethrower but heals and damages on the skill1 and such.There is so much ingame engineered technology that should be available for engineers, I want to see this in my chatbox "We need some engineers"To be able to be a viable part of the WvW community as an engineer be awesome. But outside of roaming they arn't engineered for much viable support. Most kits seem to be undertuned from years back and outdated technology, In WvW I consider an Engineer to be the lowest threat. The "Yolosmith" is to much a vulnerable target, easy to kill the only defense they really have is fleeing, rocket-boots FTW. Low defense, lack of sustainability, lack of range, they are the perfect bag dispenser.My desire, for all the somewhat negative comments I just listed to be non-existant. To be a class that people want to be in their group and not hear or have to say the phrase, ok swapping over to class "X" so we have something that's viable. because people who play engineers really like engineers, but play other classes because simply, the engineer is basically a glittery toy now. I'm not going to complain about their damage,.................................... but dead dps is no dps.

I agree with the Holomancer being of no use to the blob, but it's a terrific roamer. Only class that troubles me is dead eye with their infinite stealth and their elite that removes revealed (but that's normal in wvw)..... still I guess it is a matter of skill :)Lack of defense and sutainability is kinda laughable as you have a lot of water fields and blasts, leaps, and elixir c alone is enough to deal with condis also sword + shield is the way to go (no rocket boots for me). Only thing I haven't been able to chase is thief, they disengage and reset, but so will I....

I voted a while back, but I'd have to change my vote to staff.

Magic and technology often go hand in hand in the gw2 universe. You see it everywhere in Asuran society. I'd love an elite spec that delves further into this.

An obvious choice would be golemancy, but you could do so much more.

Engineer's could use their staff to control magnetic waves or even bend and warp space and gravity. For example, for their skill 5, they could use their magic to create a gravitational sphere that collapses into a singularity, violently pulling all enemies in, and absorbing any of the engineer's combo fields beneath it. It would then explode, inflicting increased damage for every combo field absorbed, and also inflicting conditions on foes and granting boons to allies based on the combo fields that went into it.

Water - Chill | Heals alliesFire- Burning | MightEthereal - Confusion | AlacrityDark - torment | ResistanceLight - Blindness | RetaliationPoison - Poison ¯_(ツ)_/¯ | RegenElectric - Vulnerability | FurySmoke - Blindness | Stealth

You could have them tap their staff on the ground, creating an anti gravity field that lightens allies, granting them quickness. You could reactivate this skill to launch all enemies within range into the air. Making this an Etheral field would give it combo-ability with their staff 5 skill for huge team support potential.

I'm just spitballing ideas here. What I want most for engineer is a true supportive spec with a more magical theme than we've seen with the other elite specs.

I’d like to see a time and space manipulator, I thought a sceptre or attunement type device to help with manipulating space time would be a nice class change for engineer. It would give an excuse for engineer to have skills that inflict slow or give alacrity and quickness as affecting time and space would give opportunity for such effects. I’d love for engineer to have the opportunity to flourish in the support role so this type of class and mainhand weapon would leave engineer its best asset the shield while still leaving the opportunity for a nice mainhand weapon that might focus support effects. We don’t need another scrapper tank so please no mace or melee based weapon.

• 4 weeks later...

Nowadays I'm thorn between staff and torch, but still not sure. I think mace should be added to the core profession, since it's so lacking in diversity and has no melee options, so I don't even consider it for an elite spec weapon.

Anyway, I think the next elite specialization will be one of these two:

• Use F5 to drive your own Golem Suit, similar to the Dredge Suit and the Power Suit. Like the soulbeast, your weapon skills would stay, but your tool belt skills would be replaced with unique golem skills.
  • Use F5 to equip your own rocket launcher backpack, stuffed with combat fireworks. Your tool belt skills would be replaced while wielding it.

@Ardid.7203 said:I sincerely insist: we need another MH CORE weapon before a new elite spec weapon.

They should remove the Tool Kit and replace it with main-hand mace and off-hand mace.

Maybe give us weapon swap too, so we don't need to rely on kits so much.

@Adamantium.3682 said:God please no more AI. Why do we always seem to come back to this?

I think AI could be really cool if done right, but they should rework scrapper and its gyros rather than make a completely new elite specialization.

Turrets need a rework too, wish they worked the same way as renegade spirits.

@origin.1496 said:Give us an elite spec that allows us 2 different weapon types please with the ability to weapon swap. As much as I want 1 weapon, whether it be MH, OH or 2H, engineers are already short on core weapons as it is.Give us a MH condi weapon to go with the pistol OH and a ranged 2 handed weapon. Give us staff as a throwing javelin with napalm that explodes for aoe. Idk, idc lol.

The problem is a weapon-swap elite spec would suck because engineers have no options.You couldnt do 2 power weapons unless the new weapon was a power weapon. If it was a MH power weapon, you couldnt go all offense, because OH pistol is Condi and Shield is not Offensive. If you went Condi MH for the new weapon, again you could only pair it with shield.

Anyhow, even with that, the weapon selection is just too small for Engineer to make use of a weapon swap. Which is sad, because I think it is a great idea.

Now if they added a MH power weapon to core, than you'd actually have 3 complete weapon sets to work with, plus the new elites spec...