PVP Suggestion : Illusion of Life

idontnoso.9850

Hi everyone!

So I love the concept of Illusion of life, but it really doesn't make sense for a mesmer to have it. Not only that, but it's also a pretty lack luster skill, especially when there are other classes that have legit rezes. So I have a suggestion of a change to the skill (at least for pvp).

Illusion of Life: Resurrect a fallen enemy for 5-10 seconds. When illusion of life ends, the target is defeated.

Essentially its a high risk, high reward skill. You get a confirmed down no matter what, but at the cost of letting them get back into the fight for a brief time.

Thoughts? or other suggestions?Feel free to theory craft other skill ideas since memsers have a plethora of skills that need reworks imo.

I really like this! It's creative, unorthodox and opens up more interesting gameplay options rather than using the standard ez rez skill off cooldown whenever there is a downed teammate. The issue is, it would make downstate and rezzing less overpowered than it already is and anet would never let that happen

@"idontnoso.9850" said:Hi everyone!

So I love the concept of Illusion of life, but it really doesn't make sense for a mesmer to have it. Not only that, but it's also a pretty lack luster skill, especially when there are other classes that have legit rezes. So I have a suggestion of a change to the skill (at least for pvp).

Illusion of Life: Resurrect a fallen enemy for 5-10 seconds. When illusion of life ends, the target is defeated.

Essentially its a high risk, high reward skill. You get a confirmed down no matter what, but at the cost of letting them get back into the fight for a brief time.

Thoughts? or other suggestions?Feel free to theory craft other skill ideas since memsers have a plethora of skills that need reworks imo.

I mean, other classes have legit stompers too. Function Gyro, Battle Standard and Finishing Blow, for example, IDK if there are others but...

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I mean, other classes have legit stompers too.
and
, for example, IDK if there are others but...

Very true. And out of all of those, function gyro is a lot stronger, and it can rez.

@idontnoso.9850 said:

@nopoet.2960 said:Should also create a clone when the illusion ends.

Yes! That would bring in a lot more synergy as well. Possibly be better it it dropped an Illusion instead of a clone. Maybe one determined by the target's class/weapon? That might be a bit much though.

In my head the other player is the illusion (and maybe should benefit from all your illusion traits). Then when they die (or not) a clone is created.

@nopoet.2960 said:

Yes! That would bring in a lot more synergy as well. Possibly be better it it dropped an Illusion instead of a clone. Maybe one determined by the target's class/weapon? That might be a bit much though.

In my head the other player is the illusion (and maybe should benefit from all your illusion traits). Then when they die (or not) a clone is created.

if we gonna make this into a joke then we might as well make it a phantasm and make enemy die and rez twice with chronophantasma lol

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

if we gonna make this into a joke then we might as well make it a phantasm and make enemy die and rez twice with chronophantasma lol

I stg ressing a thief just to send it to shatter sounds like the best thing ever.

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

I stg ressing a thief just to send it to shatter sounds like the best thing ever.

Now in my head I have me rezzing enemy thief, him desperately using his sb 5 ( once due to nerf kekW ) o escape and then flopping dead, feelsgoodman

Too much trolling potential and doesn't balance off to any significant benefit for yur own team.A wrongly used Illusion of Life can win a teamfight for the enemy, at the cost of their own team's downs, but their survivors can continue to just cap the objective afterwards.

And if yu hold it for too long, its worth just degrades to 0, making it a useless pick in the first place.

I rather it just make downed allies temporarily immune to damage, which will force the enemy to achieve a stomp in order to remove them from the fight completely.It will be a much more useful tool in that form.

@Yasai.3549 said:Too much trolling potential and doesn't balance off to any significant benefit for yur own team.A wrongly used Illusion of Life can win a teamfight for the enemy, at the cost of their own team's downs, but their survivors can continue to just cap the objective afterwards.

And if yu hold it for too long, its worth just degrades to 0, making it a useless pick in the first place.

I rather it just make downed allies temporarily immune to damage, which will force the enemy to achieve a stomp in order to remove them from the fight completely.It will be a much more useful tool in that form.

what kind of trolling are you talking about?

I think this could be a very nice way to make the mesmer unique. However it should allow the player to "rally". When i say rally i mean: if the player kills a foe the player goes into downstate when the effect finish. And it should only work on 1 ally.

Thus it somehow brings the additional need for the fallen ally to rush into combat and more thrill .

Maybe too much?

@anduriell.6280 said:

I think this could be a very nice way to make the mesmer unique. However it should allow the player to "rally". When i say rally i mean: if the player kills a foe the player goes into downstate when the effect finish. And it should only work on 1 ally.

Thus it somehow brings the additional need for the fallen ally to rush into combat and more thrill .

Maybe too much?

he said enemy, so Im assuming it picks up the enemy, and if he doesnt get a kill within 5-10s they flop dead, its kinda like a banner then

@Leonidrex.5649 said:he said enemy, so Im assuming it picks up the enemy, and if he doesnt get a kill within 5-10s they flop dead, its kinda like a banner then

Um you are right but i thought that was a typo. Why would you want to resurrect an already defeated enemy? I mean it takes around 3s to stomp a downed why would you take the risk of reviving it.

So the mesmer has a finisher taking an slot from the skill bar? Why would you pick that skill over absolutely anything else even a blank slot?

Unless i miss an /s there i think i'm missing something in this thread.

@anduriell.6280 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:he said enemy, so Im assuming it picks up the enemy, and if he doesnt get a kill within 5-10s they flop dead, its kinda like a banner then

Um you are right but i thought that was a typo. Why would you want to resurrect an already defeated enemy? I mean it takes around 3s to stomp a downed why would you take the risk of reviving it.

So the mesmer has a finisher taking an slot from the skill bar? Why would you pick that skill over absolutely anything else even a blank slot?

Unless i miss an /s there i think i'm missing something in this thread.

I meant what I said.

So essentially its a guaranteed stomp with the downside of rezing the enemy for 5ish seconds. So warrior's downstate or regular illusion of life but no chance of rallying, even after a kill.

As it stands, Illusion of Life serves little to no purpose in any build (I think sometimes I see it in wvw in blobs). I think it would be a decent skills if it also makes an phantasm after the enemy dies and allows for the mesmer to get a safe stomp.

@Yasai.3549 said:Too much trolling potential and doesn't balance off to any significant benefit for yur own team.A wrongly used Illusion of Life can win a teamfight for the enemy, at the cost of their own team's downs, but their survivors can continue to just cap the objective afterwards.

I see what you mean. I can see it being a potential reason for a team fight to be lost. But I also think it just making a downed ally immune to dmg is a waste of a skill slot. Its just such a tricky skill. The concept is so cool but its worth and execution in the current game is near useless.