Mystic Coins - keep or sell?

So i don't plan on doing a legendary weapon any time soon, for the moment i'm doing WvW legendary armor and those don't require mystic coins. Just clovers.That will take a while, and after that, i'm doing a WvW backpack and Conflux so that will take a while even longer.Is there anything important i have to keep them for if i'm not doing weapons? Or PvE lege trinkets, i'm not doing those any time soon either.

You need 250 mystic coins to create the Mystic Tribute for Conflux (and other trinkets) in addition to the 77 Mystic Clovers, so even if you're getting clovers another way you still need the coins.

They're also used to make a bunch of weapons with unique skins, and in small numbers for various other recipes, mainly for collections and rare items.

So once you've made Conflux you probably could sell them, but if I was you I'd keep some just in case. Set yourself a lower limit and sell any you get over that.

@Veprovina.4876 said:So i don't plan on doing a legendary weapon any time soon, for the moment i'm doing WvW legendary armor and those don't require mystic coins. Just clovers.yes, for leg armor you don't need MC

That will take a while, and after that, i'm doing a WvW backpack and Conflux so that will take a while even longer.Warbringer = 0 mc. wvw ring = 250 mc

Is there anything important i have to keep them for if i'm not doing weapons?

I am do weapons and don't need ms too. MC you need only for T2 leg weapons

Or PvE lege trinkets, i'm not doing those any time soon either.pve trinkets and pvp amulet aslo req 250 mc each

@"Danikat.8537" said:You need 250 mystic coins to create the Mystic Tribute for Conflux (and other trinkets) in addition to the 77 Mystic Clovers, so even if you're getting clovers another way you still need the coins.

They're also used to make a bunch of weapons with unique skins, and in small numbers for various other recipes, mainly for collections and rare items.

So once you've made Conflux you probably could sell them, but if I was you I'd keep some just in case. Set yourself a lower limit and sell any you get over that.

Yeah but i mean, i'm not even gonna start conflux for another 6 months, maybe more so... In that time even if i sell some, i think i'll get back most of them by then. And then by the time i actually collect everything, i'll get even more. So idk...

I do EXTREMELY like the mesmer weapons you can get (phantasm ones). I already spent 70 on spirit links skin (just for the skin, the actual item is "meh").I'd love to craft more, but like, 100 MC = around 200 gold... Idk, it seems better to sell it and maybe get the mats for the legendary that i'm doing right now.Instead of getting the skins. Then again, they're likely to stay that price for a while unless Anet adds another source of them so if i ever decide to get those skins, i'll need that 200g anyway. So it doesn't matter if i do them now or later...

@lare.5129 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:So i don't plan on doing a legendary weapon any time soon, for the moment i'm doing WvW legendary armor and those don't require mystic coins. Just clovers.yes, for leg armor you don't need MC

That will take a while, and after that, i'm doing a WvW backpack and Conflux so that will take a while even longer.Warbringer = 0 mc. wvw ring = 250 mc

Is there anything important i have to keep them for if i'm not doing weapons?

I am do weapons and don't need ms too. MC you need only for T2 leg weapons

Or PvE lege trinkets, i'm not doing those any time soon either.pve trinkets and pvp amulet aslo req 250 mc each

At the moment i'm doing legendary leggings. Did the chest piece. After that, all the other legendary armor pieces. So that will take a lot of skirmish tickets that can only be gotten from WvW, and in the meantime, it's 6 MC per week from skirmish rewards. It'll add up when i'm done with all of them. That's minimum of 6 months before i'm done. And then i can do Warbringer first instead of Conflux and save up even more MC. Warbringer is cheaper than most legendaries anyway, only requires lots of T6 materials (which i STILL don't know how to farm lol).But the precursors are "free", they only require time. And Commander's compendium, but still, chepaer than Gen2 weapons. :tongue:Point is, i don't need MC for that either. So that's another 2 months of not needing MC for anything.I guess i mean, even if i sell all mine and get to 0, by the time i need them i'll probably have enough again.

@Astralporing.1957 said:Generally, as things are, there's no downside to keeping to MCs, unless you need gold really badly. They don't depreciate in value - if anything, their price keeps going up (albeit slowly), so you are not losing out by keeping them.

True. And - if the prices drop, it'll be because anet puts in another way of getting MC. At that point, it's a win for me too as i could just farm them like everyone else. But that's not likely to happen. The only dilemma is - do i sell them to buy the T6 mats i need for my legge armor piece, or do i farm T6 mats another way and just get the skins i like that require them.

I guess i'm just trying maybe to justify to myself making the skins i like hahaa! :sweat_smile:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Keep, keep, keep! :+1:

But... The skins... :tongue:Or gold... That's also nice.

@lare.5129 said:so simple rule: if you need gold and don't have plan craft item what eats 250 - ofc SELL ITif you don't need gold absolutely - you can not sell, and you get some risk what after some update MC will be nerfed ..

What do you mean by nerfed?

It sounds like you already know what you want to do with them. :)

It's one of those things where there's no definitive right or wrong answer. It's not like these are the only Mystic Coins you'll ever have and if you make the wrong choice you're stuck with it forever. The worst that will happen is you'll need to wait to get more Mystic Coins later on or find another way to make gold.

So if you're confident you'll get enough back before you need them for other legendaries you may as well sell the ones you've got now, or use them to make other skins if you can spare the other items required.

@"Danikat.8537" said:It sounds like you already know what you want to do with them. :)

It's one of those things where there's no definitive right or wrong answer. It's not like these are the only Mystic Coins you'll ever have and if you make the wrong choice you're stuck with it forever. The worst that will happen is you'll need to wait to get more Mystic Coins later on or find another way to make gold.

So if you're confident you'll get enough back before you need them for other legendaries you may as well sell the ones you've got now, or use them to make other skins if you can spare the other items required.

Haha true, this entire thread is more about me triyng to talk myself either into making the skins i like or making some gold for legendary by it not being "my decision" rather "someone told me to". :tongue:

And i am confident that i won't need the coins for a while now yet so, honestly, whatever i do with these ones is kind of irrelevant.The only other argument i can think of is - i already have them - so farming gold is pretty easy in game with 1000s of sources while mystic coins have limited ones. So in order to get the skins, i'd have to farm the gold anyway if i sell them. It would be easier to just make them myself and farm the gold for T6 mats or mats themselves.

Idk... I did the spirit link skin, i'll think about it some more, and then decide about when to make others. I'll wait a week, i need a few more skirmish tickets for the Legendary War Insight so i'll have time to think.

anyway it MC is good investition? NOrisks:can be come some new MC sourceMystic Tribute mystic forge Ingredients can be updated , and one more way to forge it, without MC or get alternative of that gift at allwe have this exsampel on any T2wepon https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sharurwhere can be used diferent gifts Gift of Desert Mastery or Gift of Maguuma Masteryso no one can say or say not that on new exp not come some Extended Mystic Tribute from new mats and will be usable in old forges ...So keep it only for keeep - also fail

As a card-carrying member of Hoarders Anonymous, I recommend saving them.

But seriously, if you need gold, do something else for it. If you sell the MCs now, they may be more expensive to buy later if you find you need them. And you can't farm them up, so the TP is it.

That's a huge advantage of alt-accounts. I keep the ones earned on my main and sell the rest. Pretty much never have gold issues.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Don't sell them for quick gold!

I did that when I made my first set of ascended armor, only to need them later on when legendary trinkets were available to me. Save them, when you get a second stack of them use it to craft something to sell on the TP rather than sell them directly.

Guess it depends on what you want them for.I rarely use my coins so quick gold came in handy for me when I needed a bunch of gems and was too broke to buy them at the time.

Generally though I agree best to keep them.

What I do is keep a stack. Sell any that exceed that stack. You rarely need more than a stack at a single time. Anything that needs a large number are long term goals that you could work towards getting those coins that would exceed 250 as you work towards other goals.

Basically, if I can't deposit it via deposit materials, I sell it.

@Seera.5916 said:What I do is keep a stack. Sell any that exceed that stack. You rarely need more than a stack at a single time. Anything that needs a large number are long term goals that you could work towards getting those coins that would exceed 250 as you work towards other goals.

Basically, if I can't deposit it via deposit materials, I sell it.

Well, i have 750 material storage atm, so grinding that would take years in the current coin supply. You can get what, 50 a month if you really try and do everything?But i get your point, thank you! :smile:

I don't plan to do legendary since I only play 1 char now I don't see the benefice of it over ascended.So I keep all of them and when I need money (I've buy many gemme and cosmetics recently) I sell them for gold.If you plan to do some leg that need it, then just stack them.