Gunblade theories?

Lonecap.4105

4 hours ago, Apolo.5942 said:

Am i the only one thinking they are just going to replace weapons based burst skills with a single ranged nuke strike for all weapons and call it a day?.

We are talking Warrior and Anet here, its not like we get the best of their effort.

Who needs effort when we have Banners. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Here are some thoughts from me today:

Some people are confused as to whether it is MH or OH. The scabbard of the sword being on the left hip makes people think it is a OH pistol. But that pistol grip is being wielded in the MH. OH swords have been known to be carried on the left hip along with the MH sword if the OH weapon is a smaller weapon (think about a katana and wakizashi pair). So I think it is a MH pistol being 'combined' with another weapon.

I think the mechanic is indeed one that combines a pistol with another weapon for a damage mode. For simplicity I think it will be strait pistol/sword for a gunblade. I do not think that Anet would let us combine a pistol with all MH/2H weapon combinations for that many new skills. So I think this gunblade is a MH pistol being combined with a SFX sword to be turned into a gunblade with 5 new skills as a new damage mode.

I think you'll be able to enter the mode at any point, and that Adrenaline will decay once in the mode at 1-2 adrenaline per second and that adrenaline is no longer gained on hit while in the mode or from utilities (locked utility bar for example), but can be gained from traits. This mode will make this spec a better Berserker than Berserker.

I think they have taken all our ideas and pleas on how to make Berserker better and put them into the new spec.

31 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Some people are confused as to whether it is MH or OH. The scabbard of the sword being on the left hip makes people think it is a OH pistol. But that pistol grip is being wielded in the MH. OH swords have been known to be carried on the left hip along with the MH sword if the OH weapon is a smaller weapon (think about a katana and wakizashi pair). So I think it is a MH pistol being 'combined' with another weapon.

I think the mechanic is indeed one that combines a pistol with another weapon for a damage mode. For simplicity I think it will be strait pistol/sword for a gunblade. I do not think that Anet would let us combine a pistol with all MH/2H weapon combinations for that many new skills. So I think this gunblade is a MH pistol being combined with a SFX sword to be turned into a gunblade with 5 new skills as a new damage mode.

I think you'll be able to enter the mode at any point, and that Adrenaline will decay once in the mode at 1-2 adrenaline per second and that adrenaline is no longer gained on hit while in the mode or from utilities (locked utility bar for example), but can be gained from traits. This mode will make this spec a better Berserker than Berserker.

I think they have taken all our ideas and pleas on how to make Berserker better and put them into the new spec.

The issue i see with this is that if you take 2 two-handed weapons on your build, your mechanic is nonexistent. 

Sure, no one would do this if this was the case, but to my knowledge it would be the first espec that can have builds that have no access to its espec mechanic; Which is rather odd.

We've seen holo for example which has a weapon complementary to its mechanic, but never one that actually has a mechanic reliant on its weapon choices.

8 minutes ago, rdigeri.7935 said:

The issue i see with this is that if you take 2 two-handed weapons on your build, your mechanic is nonexistent. 

Sure, no one would do this if this was the case, but to my knowledge it would be the first espec that can have builds that have no access to its espec mechanic; Which is rather odd.

We've seen holo for example which has a weapon complementary to its mechanic, but never one that actually has a mechanic reliant on its weapon choices.

You are confusing the weapon with the mechanic. I think there will be a MH pistol, but the Mechanic 'mode' is the same regardless of your equipped weapons, a pistol combining with a sword to become a gunblade.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You are confusing the weapon with the mechanic. I think there will be a MH pistol, but the Mechanic 'mode' is the same regardless of your equipped weapons, a pistol combining with a sword to become a gunblade.

Ah, i misunderstood what you were saying then. A "forge mode equivalent" is something that could happen yes. Though if that's the case, i don't think you have to combine weapons, it can just be an unique "weapon". You are also not guaranteed to wield a pistol for the SFX, it makes more sense that it's a unique skin that doesn't change.

1 minute ago, rdigeri.7935 said:

Ah, i misunderstood what you were saying then. A "forge mode equivalent" is something that could happen yes. Though if that's the case, i don't think you have to combine weapons, it can just be an unique "weapon". You are also not guaranteed to wield a pistol for the SFX, it makes more sense that it's a unique skin that doesn't change.

The combine weapon thing is just a thematic thing. the 'mode' is gunblade, the animation is slamming a sfx pistol onto a sfx scabbard and whipping out the sfx gunblade for the mode.

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The combine weapon thing is just a thematic thing. the 'mode' is gunblade, the animation is slamming a sfx pistol onto a sfx scabbard and whipping out the sfx gunblade for the mode.

Then yes 😛

I'm lowkey hoping for multiple F skills with different 'kits' on them

On 9/7/2021 at 7:24 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It's not a pistol, it's a scepter! I assume a scepter because of the way he hold the grip, they can also use assets from mesmer's scepter animation for shooting a gun and turn the scepter into a melee that materialize an energy blade much like reaper's scythe with the staff.

i think its gonna work like holosmith realistically.

Its gonna be a mainhand Pistol.. with a Gunblade form. i doubt its a Sheath, because in these teasers they generally show the parts core the elite.. theres no way showing off a Sheath model would be a highlighted part of the elite.

1 hour ago, jaif.3518 said:

Im in the "forge mode equivalent " camp. I suspect the added skills will be mantras, and the whole thing will have a spiritual/zen feel to separate it from engies.

Yes on forge mode equivalent, but it may be more than that. It may be several distinct modes to chose from. I think they will get some Engi skill type or one similar in feel/concept.