Gemstore "SALE"

Spellman.4719

Hello guys,

I've would like to ask if somebody knows, if there will be "
Shared Inventory Slot" & "Character Slot Expansion"
on "
SALE" this year. I expected from ANET to post a list with discounted items day by day as they do previous weeks,
but since I can't found any post or information I decided to ask over here.

Have a good day & best of luck.

• Like 1

Considering I bought the Ultimate edition of EoD so I had Gems to buy Character Slots and Shared Inventory Slots, and they didn't go on sale, I feel like I wasted my money and should have not bought the gems for cash with EoD.

Lesson learned, no more cash for gems without seeing exactly what is on sale.  Way to tank your sales Anet.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Bloodbury.6827 said:

Hello guys,

I've would like to ask if somebody knows, if there will be "
Shared Inventory Slot" & "Character Slot Expansion"
on "
SALE" this year. I expected from ANET to post a list with discounted items day by day as they do previous weeks,
but since I can't found any post or information I decided to ask over here.

Have a good day & best of luck.

Anet will lose the impulse transactions that they get from not letting you know what will be on sale and when. So I would temper your expectations accordingly. What you want will cost them revenue.

• Thanks 1

The August Sales appear to have been deliberately **not** called Anniversary Sales this year, which is ANet's right (they can call it Aurene-a-Palooza if they want) but I found them extremely underwhelming and disappointing.  As an admitted alt-o-holic, I was looking forward to getting some more Character Slots at a really good discount.  And guess what, ANet?  The more slots I have, the more I spend in the Gem Shop and throughout Tyria, because I want certain items for certain characters and themes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Anet will lose the impulse transactions that they get from not letting you know what will be on sale and when. So I would temper your expectations accordingly. What you want will cost them revenue.

Although they have lost revenue from me some times when sales slip by without me noticing. So there's that.

Sometimes it feels like I need to hunt down the sales if I'm going to catch them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mtpelion.4562 said:

Here's the wiki page. At the bottom there is the history of sales to give you an idea of when it will possibly be back on sale in the future:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Character_Slot_Expansion

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Inventory_Slot

Sort of helpful, except they seem to be going off trend this year, which makes the past less useful for anticipating the future.

Shared Inventory Slots went on sale four times a year for the last four years. So far this year only once, and we only have four months left in the year.

Character Slots have swung between 2 and 4 sales a year. This year only one.

Maybe they should have titled the March 2021 sale, "Last chance in 2021 sale to get anything you actually want" so we would have known. 😉

• Like 5