Thief + Bladesworn Duo’s

AikijinX.6258

I want to see some Thief x Bladesworn Warrior Duo roaming clips when beta comes out. Thief can provide the stealth while Bladesworn charges its omega copium anime weeb Omai wa mu no shin dei ru 1 shot ability on some unsuspecting victims 💥 

if anet nerfs that ability to where you are revealed while charging that up, it’ll be sad sad panda times 😔 since we already know the dmg will get nerfed on actual release lol.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Graeaw.6329 said:

Stealth stack -> Move up to unsuspecting target -> Precast Dragon Slash -> Scorpion Wire into 400k Crit -> Place Siege on Corpse

They’d have to be literally afk from their computers for the setup to happen 😂 I also want to see Bladesworn + Thief stealth attack against war law mounted players as well as gates on towers 😂

Edited by AikijinX.6258

19 minutes ago, Graeaw.6329 said:

you could also shadow portal onto people sitting in Catas/Rams 😉

Oh MAN… the plays are going to be crazy….

i stealth up myself only> travel to the spot where people are Sieging> lay down Shadow portal> run back to my warrior friend (all while they’re charging their attack)> shadow portal (WHICH GIVES STEALTH in the skill) > K.O.

3 minutes ago, MrForz.1953 said:

Gotta be in combat indeed to generate flow, it otherwise discharges faster than it can fill up, a foe will very likely read that intent from miles away if they see that Bladesworn icon.

20 minutes ago, ASP.8093 said:

Remember that Adrenaline only charges in combat and does, in fact, discharge out of combat. Quite likely Flow has that restriction as well.

The setup that I mentioned above still stands. But there would need some preparation. Probably just stand near a tower with an archer shooting at you keeping you in combat or some other method. There’s plenty of ways to keep yourself in combat 😋 it’ll work ! 

5 hours ago, Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

I'd rather not give Anet more ammo to nerf thief.

And yes, I specifically said thief cuz I highly doubt they are gonna touch warrior

The cycle says otherwise. Anet will give war something OP at expansion start, then nerf after nerf until rarely seen ever again.

• Like 1

Honestly the  beta sspecs that have been released thus far gas me worried about thief's new spec, non have been to interesting to me but bladesworn and that Spec is literal gbage in anything but pve, it's like it was made for a different mmo, one that's slower and less dynamic with 0 thoughts behind drawbacks and pay offs(pvp/wvw). Really hope thief's new spec is more fluid and actually fits in with this games combat.

• Like 1

At this point I feel like the ANET is adopting this story book type of nature/philosophy. 

One of which being Goldie locks and the three bears 

- With 1 bed being too hard (elite spec beta preview 1) 
- 2nd bed being too soft (elite spec beta preview 2) 
- And the 3rd bed being.. Just Right.... (medium armor/ the last elite spec beta preview)

The 3 little pigs and their houses are another similar story.. need I explain. Lol. 

Following this philosophy and pattern, it seems as though this last elite spec for medium armor classes should be “just right” but I just can’t help shake this feeling of anticipated disappointment and impending doom.

The first elite spec preview with willbender virtuoso and harbinger “seemed” from the preview really cool, but in practice, totally lackluster and weak. This 2nd elite spec preview again, looked VERY STRONG and actually looked as though the direction was heading in a positive upwards direction, but as we see now.. disappointment. 

Let’s agree to disagree on this. Medium armor elite spec preview will “Look” at a glance, THAT MUCH GREATER than the last 2, but in practice will be in the same boat. Weak, uninspired, lackluster, and will pale in comparison to its predecessor specs.

/Rantover

41 minutes ago, AikijinX.6258 said:

At this point I feel like the ANET is adopting this story book type of nature/philosophy. 

One of which being Goldie locks and the three bears 

- With 1 bed being too hard (elite spec beta preview 1) 
- 2nd bed being too soft (elite spec beta preview 2) 
- And the 3rd bed being.. Just Right.... (medium armor/ the last elite spec beta preview)

The 3 little pigs and their houses are another similar story.. need I explain. Lol. 

Following this philosophy and pattern, it seems as though this last elite spec for medium armor classes should be “just right” but I just can’t help shake this feeling of anticipated disappointment and impending doom.

The first elite spec preview with willbender virtuoso and harbinger “seemed” from the preview really cool, but in practice, totally lackluster and weak. This 2nd elite spec preview again, looked VERY STRONG and actually looked as though the direction was heading in a positive upwards direction, but as we see now.. disappointment. 

Let’s agree to disagree on this. Medium armor elite spec preview will “Look” at a glance, THAT MUCH GREATER than the last 2, but in practice will be in the same boat. Weak, uninspired, lackluster, and will pale in comparison to its predecessor specs.

/Rantover

I was saying something similar wrt people saying that this crop looked OP. Everyone thought Willbender would be OP from the demonstration too. In practice... not so much. Maybe people will learn and not deem things to be OP from the demonstrations the third time around?

But they probably won't... learn, that is.

23 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

But they probably won't... learn, that is.

To be fair I've yet to see a single thief player unironically expecting the new e-spec to be "OP" and if after the reveal any one of them says something like "this e-spec is like a beacon of light" then he's most likely referring to how bright he expects the incoming dumpster fire to burn. If however, in the 3rd test, it turns out to be decently strong then the rhetoric will just shift to "nerf incoming".

Many non thief players will call it OP regardless of how it actually performs.

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

To be fair I've yet to see a single thief player unironically expecting the new e-spec to be "OP" and if after the reveal any one of them says something like "this e-spec is like a beacon of light" then he's most likely referring to how bright he expects the incoming dumpster fire to burn. If however, in the 3rd test, it turns out to be decently strong then the rhetoric will just shift to "nerf incoming".

Pretty much the way with the others I've cited, too - it's usually the people who don't play the profession as a whole that tend to say the incoming elite spec is OP. People who do play it are generally somewhere from "it's a dumpster fire" to "I can see the potential..."

With the possible exception of Harbinger.

I think there's a combination of ArenaNet being cautious when it comes to numbers, while also pushing the envelope when it comes to mechanics such that they often don't really fit that well with existing tools and playstyles of that profession. But if I had to pin it down on one general trend, it might well be having long skill activation times and/or aftercasts for skills that should possibly be a bit snappier. Which will probably be all the more tragic if that extends to thief given how much thief relies on being able to react to things. 

Edited by draxynnic.3719

22 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

“ Great look at thief being thief again and having access to more broken mechanics “ 

thief right now is in a pretty okay spot, besides needing initiative.