Mirage dodge

Lincolnbeard.1735

4 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Remember when mirage dodge got cut both in evade frames and distance travel because it was too op?

Wtf is vind dodge like 3sec, a metricton of distance and 7k damage to boot up? Oh and they've access to a bunch of endurance gain whereas mirage as none.

Yeah I mentioned this in the Revenant section as well and on par to the endurance gains, they have GM traits just like the DD that changes their dodge/skyfall. Would love to see Dune Cloak changed into something along those lines when we dodge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I put it on the other topic, you can click below:

Watching the Vindicator's dodge...

Good luck with that. 🙄   But, at least, now we have a precedent and, maybe, they'll tweak the Mirage's dodge in the future. The problem is that Arenanet avoid to do the things equally... so you will probably end with a worse version of something else. The best solution will go to the new specialization. That's for sure. 

Or fear the big REWORK!  So the Mirage Cloak will probably be an old past story...  reworked or deleted from the game. 🤪

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

The community just hates mesmer and their incessant complaint and negativity is leading Anet's agenda as well. Whenever I make a post about mesmer in reddit, it randomly gets voted down without anyone explaining anything. I made a similar post on reddit and it was downvoted to all hell immediately. 

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

The community just hates mesmer and their incessant complaint and negativity is leading Anet's agenda as well. Whenever I make a post about mesmer in reddit, it randomly gets voted down without anyone explaining anything. I made a similar post on reddit and it was downvoted to all hell immediately. 

That is hardly an argument. Reddit is full of glue smelling simpletons who will downvote anything.

Mirage have one problem in theirs mechanic - other mirage mirrors from utility-skills. So - multiple dodges. Yep - no one play with them, but as Arena tell us (about new Warrior spec utility/elite, but same principle) - "...there is a possibility to bring all of them" 
So in "global version of things" - I think it's balanced in their opinion. 

Edited by Loules.8601
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Remember when mirage dodge got cut both in evade frames and distance travel because it was too op?

Wtf is vind dodge like 3sec, a metricton of distance and 7k damage to boot up? Oh and they've access to a bunch of endurance gain whereas mirage as none.

The Vindicator evade with the ~3 evade window costs the equivalent of 3 dodge rolls.  Sure they have endurance regeneration with riposting shadows and vigor, but that is a loooong time to wait for one dodge to come back up.  I think people are going to struggle to make it work in PvP like Willbender and Virtuoso.  If they are making it work, they're going to get the barrier dodge that only costs one normal dodge roll's worth of endurance.

Like its cool, but 150 endurance cost is a huge oof. 

Edited by mortrialus.3062

The real strength of Mirage dodge is that you can do stuff — anything you want, literally, except auto-attacking because it gives you that sneak attack thing instead — during your evade frames.

Vinnie dodge is more like an exaggerated version of the Daredevil Bounding Dodge. All the offensive value is locked up in sticking the landing.

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2