I wonder if you can interrupt Dragon Trigger Stance.

DanAlcedo.3281

We will have to test it in the beta soon. Currently, I would assume that CC will cancel the dragon trigger stance. It seems mechanically identical to the kneel mechanic from deadeye (using a stance which will flip the weapon skills to others while making you stationary), which gets cancelled by disabling effects.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

You can already trait to have half bullets (therefore half the charge time). So it means 2.5 seconds is already possible, but the damage is also halved. This is currently the only realistic option for pvp.

Nah, tapping it for the unblockable, unblindable stun that also procs your burst traits is the other option.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

In PvE. Cal said that the competitive charge time is shorter, but did not state a number.

I don’t remember him saying this. I thought he said that the damage numbers would be lower, but still appropriate for the risk of a long, stationary charge. I very well could have missed it though xD It’s tomorrow, so probably not worth entirely rewatching 🙂

23 minutes ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

You can already trait to have half bullets (therefore half the charge time). So it means 2.5 seconds is already possible, but the damage is also halved. This is currently the only realistic option for pvp.

Is it uses a polynomial to determine damage output, it’s damage, at least in overall, will be much less than half at half charge. Though they use a different formula for competitive (according to cal) that has a faster ramp up, and then gets less extreme on the back end. In the beta preview, he was hitting 25-30k at 5 charges. That’s about 8% of the max damage (granted he didn’t have the super boons at the time, so maybe more around 10%?)

2 minutes ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Is it uses a polynomial to determine damage output, it’s damage, at least in overall, will be much less than half at half charge. Though they use a different formula for competitive (according to cal) that has a faster ramp up, and then gets less extreme on the back end. In the beta preview, he was hitting 25-30k at 5 charges. That’s about 8% of the max damage (granted he didn’t have the super boons at the time, so maybe more around 10%?)

He didn't have any armor/trinkets when he hit for the 21k.

Counter-argument is that you can use utilities while in Dragon Stance, so you can use skills that give you stability, aegis, etc.

I'm hesitant about that. I feel that going into Dragon Stance should give 2 Stacks Stability for 3 Seconds baseline. That way you can't immediately be CC'd out of it, but if you want that full charge you are playing a risk game for it, or use utilities to keep additional stability/aegis throughout.

That said, we'll have to see how things play out. Having the Aegis skill while in Dragon Stance + utilities may actually be enough to make sure you're protected for both PvE and PvP. We'll need to see it in the wild to get a good idea if it's enough protection vs. the current meta & mechanics.

Edited by Geoff Fey.1035
Spelling

2 hours ago, Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Just rewatched the video and it looked like the numbers were 6k on the low end (non crit and no might) to 22.5k on the high end (25 might and a crit).

Yep, but he also said that the early charges will be weighted heavier in competitive modes, so it may hit fairly hard still at 5 charges in wvw/pvp